PDA

View Full Version : Changes to Claim Items in Defiance Free-to-Play

Scapes
05-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Ark hunters,

Defiance is going free-to-play for PC on June 4th, and with that will come an update that goes out to all platforms. One of those changes is the behavior of items in your “Claim Items”, and it’s important you understand how this change affects you.

Currently, the number of items that can accumulate in your Claim Items is infinite. This is not something that we want, and has been the cause of various slow-downs within the game. Additionally, we never intended Claim Items to be used as a bank, and as such, we currently have a small percentage of accounts with extremely high numbers of items in the Claims.

On June 4, for all platforms and only after your first login, a 7-day countdown timer will start. You will be reminded to “Claim” items into your inventory. If, after 7 days, you have not claimed those items, they will be automatically salvaged. The salvage will go to whatever character you log in with. Any new items that go into your claim items will get this 7 day timer as well.

Plenty of item types can go into your Claim Items, however the above only applies to the following:
Weapons
Shield
Grenades
Spikes
Stims
Mods
This does not apply to anything else stored in your claims, such as Titles, Outfits, Vehicles and Lock Boxes.

We hope that players can start clearing out their Claim Items at this time in preparation for this upcoming change. Please keep in mind that we will be unable to restore any items that are not claimed in the 7 day period provided. Feel free to let us know if you have any issues with this impending change, and we would be happy to assist.

Holy Bahamut3
05-30-2014, 08:29 PM
...........yep.........

wartitan
05-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Scapes....since I've already begun to clear out my items, this does not effect me. However, since the economy has been run-down (for various reasons), many arkhunters are really only left with one option for the legendary weapons in claims....salvage. And with as much salvage as is being accumulated, it makes little sense to waste these weapons by turning them into salvage. But unfortunately, the demand for a lot of the legendaries in the game is very little and the vendors pay so little scrip that it feels like a slap in the face for our work.

Is there any chance that the vendors will adjust their prices for legendary weapons and add a little scrip for selling them legendary weapons? Even if it was just to 10k, I think it would help some of us players that have participated in the "longer, less fulfilling....I mean more fulfilling" chase to swallow the tough pill that is pulling unwanted legendary weapons.

ArkHunter Z
05-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Scapes....since I've already begun to clear out my items, this does not effect me. However, since the economy has been run-down (for various reasons), many arkhunters are really only left with one option for the legendary weapons in claims....salvage. And with as much salvage as is being accumulated, it makes little sense to waste these weapons by turning them into salvage. But unfortunately, the demand for a lot of the legendaries in the game is very little and the vendors pay so little scrip that it feels like a slap in the face for our work.

Is there any chance that the vendors will adjust their prices for legendary weapons and add a little scrip for selling them legendary weapons? Even if it was just to 10k, I think it would help some of us players that have participated in the "longer, less fulfilling....I mean more fulfilling" chase to swallow the tough pill that is pulling unwanted legendary weapons.

WT - I'll give u 10k each for your legendary weapons in claims. :)

LatencyRemix
05-31-2014, 10:20 AM
Give us back our original grenades then we won't have to hoard them in claims. So annoying going to throw a grenade to only find out there gone.

Holy Bahamut3
05-31-2014, 10:29 AM

+1 can't seem to sell mine while my zone chat is down.

DEMON
05-31-2014, 10:48 AM
I for one wouldn't mind seeing items unclaimed converted to both salvage AND arkforge. This could be done on a percentage basis based on rarity (eg common 90/10, legendary 60/40 salvage/arkforge). This imo could only help both casual players and hoarders since arkforge seems to be slightly harder to amass than salvage and more desired in light of rarity and ego upgrade costs.

Skullsuku
05-31-2014, 12:23 PM
Now will this include batteries for ark breaks, I have a ton of them and use them as needed. I don't always get the chance to use them that fast. Now the rest of the stuff can go, but I feel that u should b able to keep a certain number of items since they r yours and u earned them. These items can b marked as favs. like u do for your weapons. If u r going to break down the batteries, I want the stuff that goes w/t it[ie;keys, batteries, script] and not have it just broken down into worthless green money.

Olaf
05-31-2014, 12:38 PM
I would rather it was chooseable as to whether it was auto salvaged or auto sold for scrip to vendor.... ark salvage is completely useless after all

Holy Bahamut3
05-31-2014, 01:59 PM
I would rather it was chooseable as to whether it was auto salvaged or auto sold for scrip to vendor.... ark salvage is completely useless after all

Oh but haven't you heard?

"Ark salvage already converts to keys which can purchase new weapon and mod lockboxes. Additionally, lockboxes have a possibility of dropping arkforge. Salvage is still a valid and useful currency and we don't want to change that."

Blondin
05-31-2014, 02:33 PM
What about daily and weekly rewards ?

Atticus Batman
05-31-2014, 02:39 PM
What about daily and weekly rewards ?

Those are lockboxes so won't be salvaged from what I am reading.

Sonic7870
05-31-2014, 02:42 PM
I was already aware that this was happening but the problem here was that you guys added grenades, spikes and stims into every lockbox as well as the daily reward boxes when they started out so many of us are currently stuck with 900+ items in our claims

Littleweasel
06-02-2014, 08:28 AM
personally i think that you should have to use the daily and weekly lock box before the next one comes out of the new one over writes the old one so you can never have more than 1 of each in your claim items.
and the time to either salvage or remove from your lock box should only be 48hrs since if you haven't either pulled it out or salvaged it your self within that time frame you don't care about it anyways.

wartitan
06-02-2014, 09:31 AM
WT - I'll give u 10k each for your legendary weapons in claims. :)

I'll sell them to you for 10k :) If you're really interested, let me know! I've got about 15 of them that I'd be willing to part with...

The_Brutix
06-02-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm curious, most mmorpg games do have a bank where you can store materials or items. Could it be suggested to the developers to put a bank in the game? Therefore, people don't have these issues ?

wartitan
06-02-2014, 10:08 AM
It's been suggested hundreds of times throughout these forums....the designers aren't interested in helping out us lowly arkhunters...

N3gativeCr33p
06-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Could it be suggested to the developers to put a bank in the game?

Oh, make no mistake about it... it HAS been suggested to them. Many times, in fact.

Donnyrides
06-02-2014, 10:33 AM
They make money on selling us inventory slots so we are all just hosed. No big deal though, we really have been cheating the system for some time now. It's amazing this hasn't come down sooner. I've intentionally filled my inventory then went and opened lock boxes so I could pick and choose what I wanted in my inventory and what i wanted to leave in claims. Back in the mod box days when you could actually make scrip between players, I would open 10+ boxes and leave all of the mods in claims until I found a buyer. It was great. It was a function of the game that went in our favor for a long time but all good things must come to an end.:D

skepticck
06-02-2014, 12:02 PM
...They make money on selling us inventory slots so we are all just hosed...

if that is their only argument for not implementing a bank system then it is a pretty silly one (although we are used to silly or worse from them by now) since other MMO's have inventory AND bank and make a lot of money selling upgrades for BOTH.

Gigibop
06-02-2014, 12:33 PM
-_-' I don't even know where this thread is going.... the topics change so frequently lol

Ewokzombie
06-04-2014, 07:15 PM
Auto-Salvage claim items after 7 days? Nice of you not to give us any real length of time and an option to turn the auto crap off. You must think everyone who still plays this game, have an infinite amount of time each week to play this game (or any other) to waste more time deciding what to keep in the claims stash.

Here is an idea, GET A FRIGGING BANK IN THE GAME! It would have solved this problem from the start. Oh wait, do they have banks or banking system in the show? That would explain why you donít have them in the game.

There are reasons why I dont play this game to much, It still feels like itís a beta game, Iím spending 30 minutes or more at a time getting patches, downloadable content completely suck with no actual story to them and all the crap changes to the game that want me to throw the game out.

Keep up the great work at keeping me away from this game!

Oh awesome, after getting all the patches (I wrote this while getting the patches) I cant even play the game now due to a ďCritical. The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later.Ē Yea right. Back to Grand Theft Auto 5 online. At least I can have fun with that game and cruise around on my motorcycle. You know, those bikes with engines on them that are in the show that you guys decided was a great idea not to include in the game because its in the show this game is based on.

Atticus Batman
06-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Auto-Salvage claim items after 7 days? Nice of you not to give us any real length of time and an option to turn the auto crap off. You must think everyone who still plays this game, have an infinite amount of time each week to play this game (or any other) to waste more time deciding what to keep in the claims stash.

Here is an idea, GET A FRIGGING BANK IN THE GAME! It would have solved this problem from the start. Oh wait, do they have banks or banking system in the show? That would explain why you don’t have them in the game.

There are reasons why I dont play this game to much, It still feels like it’s a beta game, I’m spending 30 minutes or more at a time getting patches, downloadable content completely suck with no actual story to them and all the crap changes to the game that want me to throw the game out.

Keep up the great work at keeping me away from this game!

Oh awesome, after getting all the patches (I wrote this while getting the patches) I cant even play the game now due to a “Critical. The Defiance service is not available. Please try again later.” Yea right. Back to Grand Theft Auto 5 online. At least I can have fun with that game and cruise around on my motorcycle. You know, those bikes with engines on them that are in the show that you guys decided was a great idea not to include in the game because its in the show this game is based on.

They've been warning us on forums for a month. It is not their fault you never bothered looking at all of their stickied free play threads.

Bif
06-05-2014, 12:47 PM
They've been warning us on forums for a month. It is not their fault you never bothered looking at all of their stickied free play threads.

I know you think you're serious, but that's ridiculous. A tiny fraction of players read the forums. For your edification, read "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe".

On topic: This auto-salvage is really bad. The servers don't work reliably, and we have a week to clean out claimable items.

I know you have more humanity than that. Extend the time, for the love of God.

elquietone
06-07-2014, 08:57 AM
They really should consider a warehouse option or bank as pretty much all MMO's and even non MMO shooters like Borderlands have banks to store extra gear in... I myself know I have about 200 or so items sitting in the claims box simply because my 74 or whatever inventory spaces are full with other things I like to have... I like to traditionally carry around 2-3 different guns of each type and a few shields with different stats, as well as one of every grenade. Do I use half of those?? Maybe not, but I still like to have them.

So what's going to happen from this point onwards... Will all items that are suppose to dump into claims when full get auto salvaged?? "Gratz, you got an orange weapon from a boss drop, or you're too full, here let me add it to your claims box. Oh ya, we changed it, auto salvaged.. have a nice day??" Or is it always going to give us 7days to clear out the box after 1 item is added to it..

Make a Warehouse option, it can't be that hard if games from 12yrs ago were using it.

BarronCZ
06-08-2014, 02:49 AM
Good Idea, Trion.

TE5LA
06-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Seems like I had some items in my claim that were given as rewards? I'm pretty sure there was a +15 and a +20 inventory slots thing but when I claimed everything, my inventory did not expand.

TE5LA
06-08-2014, 03:18 PM
I know you think you're serious, but that's ridiculous. A tiny fraction of players read the forums.
Yeah, I'd guess less than 0.01% of players in any game ever visit forums.