PDA

View Full Version : LEGENDARY GEAR SCRIP/SALVAGE VALUE - Ideas for currencies adjustment

Critical Errors
05-31-2014, 07:09 AM
With the advent of F2P, we will have an excess of beautiful weapons. That's great in terms of finding a dream weapon! The effect on the economy will greatly reduce a lot of weapon prices for trade as well. The traders (myself included) will no longer make obscene amounts of scrip on a perfect weapon. I find that also appropriate in a game where there is such a drastic difference in currencies between players. I have decided to start trading most less than perfect gear at the Sticker price stated on the card. I get a lot of flak for "breaking" the market, but it seems to me that in general most people will happily pay that amount. We will soon have a large deficit of scrip in comparison to Ark Salvage for higher ego players though. Key codes cost quite a bit, and scrip isn't so easy to come by.

Now for those weapons that nobody will ever want. I'm talking about the Rolling Thunder rocket launchers, and the double recoil sawed-off shotguns. These weapons are supposed to be Legendary, and yet not one person will want them. For these weapons (I mean legendary only), the scrip value and salvage values needs an increase.

Proposed adjustments:

Scrip value from vendor should equal Sticker Price on the card for legendary gear.
Salvage value for legendary gear should equal the salvage needed for a T2 lock box: 8000 ark salvage.

Alternatively: Salvaging Legendary gear gives Ark Forge instead of salvage. 10 Ark Forge per legendary item sounds reasonable to me.

Salvage in excess of 100,000 could convert to 10 Ark Forge.

Just some of my thoughts on fixing an unbalanced economy.

Lucent
05-31-2014, 07:20 AM
This is a great idea. Good balance in the numbers you chose as well.

Someone listen to him!!!

YahootsMagoondi
05-31-2014, 07:54 AM
i posted a similar thread a while back...i agree, these "legendary" weapons are severely undervalued by the in game pricing structure...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160031-An-easy-fix-for-the-economy-of-Defiance...just-add-a-zero!

bigguy
05-31-2014, 08:34 AM
I fully agree and endorse everything said by the OP , I think the values represented were good choices. TRION even if you decide that the numbers put forth were not good somethingshould still be done on this subject for the economy.

Griffix8
05-31-2014, 11:16 AM
I'm all for that. It'd be a good way to trash all the useless legendary weapons in exchange for getting a few bits of extra Arkforge to make our own useful legendary ones.

xKiLADELPHiAx
06-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I couldn't agree more with your post ! We grind so hard for these oranges & receive nothing for them .I have accumulated about 100 trash ojs since day one, just sitting in my inventory , waiting for something promising to happen . When the extra life vendors were up we got the sticker price which was awesome ! I got rid of like 60 ojs back then , & made a nice chunk of scrip . I have no idea why regular vendors can not give us sticker value . 2,500 ark salvage is a joke ,& there is absolutely no use for ark salvage when ego 5000 & above . I'm 5816 & have 7 million ark salvage . It use to be nice to buy keys for lock boxes , but when they added scrip to the equation it was just to expensive , so now it just sits there accumulating with no purpose what so ever . I hope we get to do something with our ark salvage & get the sticker price for ojs .

Seizan
06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
This thread deserves more attention. Let's keep it on page 1 and hopefully get some kind of response from the team.

Big Jack Shepard
06-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Attention paid!

tandrisa
06-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Attention paid!

I agree with this post im only 3400 ego but more than once ive vendored ojs just because there wasn't any demand for the weapons or just got tired of not having space for weapons I preferred, but after using them and modding them the loss can be immense so I sometimes keep them as dead weight just in the hopes I can find a buyer

Atticus Batman
06-01-2014, 02:59 PM
I like the ideas. I also believe that once a weapon's/shield's rarity, (and after newer patches) synergy, nano or base rolls, have been altered, that piece of gear should become untradable.

Griffix8
06-01-2014, 03:04 PM
I like the ideas. I also believe that once a weapon's/shield's rarity, (and after newer patches) synergy, nano or base rolls, have been altered, that piece of gear should become untradable.
Maybe have those kinds of weapons tagged as untradeable by calling them "personal" weapon or shield.

tandrisa
06-01-2014, 03:06 PM
that would prevent the selling of services, like upgrading weapons for a fee. I can see the future of weapons upgrading 'will turn your purple into an oj 500k' people prostituting themselves as a weapon modder lol.

Critical Errors
06-02-2014, 01:57 AM

No! The untradeable weapons syndrome needs to be stopped permanently! We need a completely open market for this game. There is enough gating of weapons for people that don't buy the DLC. Let's not make the trade game even smaller.