PDA

View Full Version : May 31

Gigibop
05-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Calling it now, the hackusations when free to play are going to come in huge waves, just you watch ^_^

Dracula Hellsing
05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
What i'm more interested in, than the hackusations due to influx of noobs, is how the original veteran players will act, towards the new free-to-players.
I've got a million scrip, 12 Orange/4 Purple weapons to give away to noobs who are struggling, but are trying to be decent players and respect the world of Defiance, my hope, is that by rewarding the decent ones, they spread the word about how to act in game, and the game will become a decent community again.

CM Kiwibird
05-31-2014, 12:20 PM
I've got a million scrip, 12 Orange/4 Purple weapons to give away to noobs who are struggling, but are trying to be decent players and respect the world of Defiance

That's really nice of you! Thank you for giving our new players such a warm welcome! :o

Bentu
05-31-2014, 01:05 PM
I regularly give 50k to new toons at the crash site and the odd oj nade. This won't change but I don't think I will have enough to go around.

Atticus Batman
05-31-2014, 03:00 PM
I regularly give 50k to new toons at the crash site and the odd oj nade. This won't change but I don't think I will have enough to go around.

Same here, Bentu.

PseudoCool
05-31-2014, 03:43 PM
am I like the only "veteran" player that's routinely close to broke in this game? LOL

Manstan
05-31-2014, 03:49 PM
What i'm more interested in, than the hackusations due to influx of noobs, is how the original veteran players will act, towards the new free-to-players.
I've got a million scrip, 12 Orange/4 Purple weapons to give away to noobs who are struggling, but are trying to be decent players and respect the world of Defiance, my hope, is that by rewarding the decent ones, they spread the word about how to act in game, and the game will become a decent community again.

That is terribly nice of you, but having been here twice before, I know what to expect. And it ain't going to be pretty.

Atticus Batman
05-31-2014, 04:00 PM
am I like the only "veteran" player that's routinely close to broke in this game? LOL

I used to be but now have regularly over 400k. Not as much as most but still some.

Btw, it may sound bad, but do LOTS of arkfalls and events around the Mt. Tam area where all the low levels are. They level their ego/skill quickly, and when they level themselves, a vehicle or weapon skill, they drop woot loot. So more low levels, leveling fast near you equals alot more Scrip/salvage for you. This dawned on me while I was in Mt. Tam giving out scrip for my "charities"! (LOL) Here's the charity programs I offer to new or low ego people or the poor if I am so inclined! :cool:

This exactly. Heck I even give scrip to new players all the time. I let them pick from a few different programs! :p

1: Challengers for Chumps = I take you to Crystal Pond and give you the 30k for the Oj challenger.

2: Dunies for the Downtrodden = I take you to headlands and give you 30k for a duni of YOUR choice.

3: Hannibals for the Helpless = I take you to headlands and give you 30k for a Hannibal of YOUR choice.

4: Weapons for the weak = I take you to a vendor and let you pick the weapon, then give you the amount you need for it.

5: Shields for they shy = I help you get a shield at your level, even if I have to spam zone chat to find one for you.

{edit} on a side note, if I do need scrip to give to a person I am helping, the clan I amin, normally has somebody else (like my mate, Bentu) willing to help out as well.

Dracula Hellsing
05-31-2014, 05:09 PM
That is terribly nice of you, but having been here twice before, I know what to expect. And it ain't going to be pretty.

Oh aye, I'm expecting some bad things from the f2p noobs, but there is always hope.

Slagiron
05-31-2014, 05:11 PM
Howdy fellow Arkhunters, just started playing the free trial on steam a few days ago, and bought the game plus some DLC today. The community is pretty solid and players have been more than happy to answer my questions and offer advice. Excellent community help so far for a new player. Again thanks guys for helping out a newbie just coming up on 500 ego today, lol long way to go. So if you see Ron Slagiron (vet) doing something wrong, let him know.

Noble_One
05-31-2014, 07:51 PM
its also my birthday today woot!!

Atticus Batman
05-31-2014, 07:55 PM
its also my birthday today woot!!

Happy bday but....

http://synmethin.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/wpid-no-cake-for-you.jpeg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/255/9/8/no_cake_for_you_by_c10brook-d2ylhos.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fa/b0/c0/fab0c0fcd946199bc989b4e4e1aa3b2d.jpg

Manstan
06-01-2014, 04:55 AM
Oh aye, I'm expecting some bad things from the f2p noobs, but there is always hope.

It was the same for LOTRO as it was for ACR, the dam burst and the flood of children, trolls, and knobs by choice poured in. The forum will be over run by trolls and people griping about everything from vanishing vehicles to the colors just not being right.

Etaew
06-01-2014, 05:21 AM
It was the same for LOTRO as it was for ACR, the dam burst and the flood of children, trolls, and knobs by choice poured in. The forum will be over run by trolls and people griping about everything from vanishing vehicles to the colors just not being right.

I welcome the activity we had at launch, these forums were constantly moving and the game was filled with players, although I'm skeptical about the amount of players we will see.

rydda
06-01-2014, 07:06 AM
I just might hang out up in mount tam when it is released for the f2p just to see.

Omnifarious Xji
06-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I'm always completely broke too, lol. The game only gives me like 400-1000 scrip per gun I sell after picking up. Even the high grade oranges get me like 2k at the store.

Griffix8
06-01-2014, 11:49 PM
I'm always completely broke too, lol. The game only gives me like 400-1000 scrip per gun I sell after picking up. Even the high grade oranges get me like 2k at the store.
T4 mods and grinding major events seems to be the only way to get good scrip (especially if there's a lot of leveling up so you could collect the woot loot).

Roez
06-02-2014, 12:15 AM
I welcome the activity we had at launch, these forums were constantly moving and the game was filled with players, although I'm skeptical about the amount of players we will see.

That's almost 100% my take. I do hope it works out and Trion makes buckets of money, and can keep the game going.

That said, the community is rather small right now and it wouldn't exactly require too many new people to totally change the in-game atmosphere. Not that every game is perfect, F2P games IMHO, are often very toxic.

Gigibop
06-02-2014, 11:19 AM
That's almost 100% my take. I do hope it works out and Trion makes buckets of money, and can keep the game going.

That said, the community is rather small right now and it wouldn't exactly require too many new people to totally change the in-game atmosphere. Not that every game is perfect, F2P games IMHO, are often very toxic.

Cause you know, the community at the moment is sooooo great right?

Odessa
06-02-2014, 11:33 AM

Yeppers. I'm guessing quite a few of the F2Pers are going to test it out (IF they don't give up on the patching) and not stick around after meeting their first TL10 encounter. With the daily contracts being in starting areas, TL10 is the norm for some. Even my 31xx ego character heads for cover when it kicks up. I am only using weapons found in game and it is hella frustrating. I bought my friend this game and she didn't make it past the patching. :/

Zone chat is cluttered with drama and sales, which is also not going to be a great first impression. It's a shame since this game has been so fun that my friends have been setting up an intervention.

Deunan
06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I welcome the activity we had at launch, these forums were constantly moving and the game was filled with players, although I'm skeptical about the amount of players we will see.The PC has had a free trial version for months. I can't see potential new PC players being anymore enthusiastic about the game once it goes free-to-play for the PC given that it was free to try and only $10 to commit ($5 during the Steam sale). The company already went through most of that turf during the past few months.

Gigibop
06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
And so it begins.

duction
06-04-2014, 10:00 AM
totally different compared to the PC, no other games like this on console and its free! things are going to wake up :)