PDA

View Full Version : 7th Legion Weapons

Dark3nd Av3ng3r
06-01-2014, 05:08 AM
This is a question to anyone who has the DLC and access to their weapons. I recently started playing again and I turned up at a Major Hellbug Arkfall. Played through the whole thing with no major incident until we reached the Hellion. I've never seen the Mature Hellbug Hellion go down so fast and after noticing the ridiculous damage numbers on them, I have to ask, are they really that ungodly powerful? I've been at Arkfalls where the Hellion was beaten quickly before (granted I haven't played since Arkbreaker) but never the likes of this. If not for the battle being in stages, the Hellion would've been dead within 10 seconds of showing it's face. Are the 7th Legion weapons really that powerful (based on their damage numbers) and are they really worth getting?

Etaew
06-01-2014, 05:19 AM
No the 7th Legion weapons are not any more powerful than the others, what would have made the difference is the players, their EGO Rating, their Weapon Power, their Weapon Rarity, the usage of abilities and the amount of players.

A number of major arkfalls have not been optimised to account for the increased damage players now do, thankfully the Hellion and Monolith has stages with immunity. The rest just get burned down.

Seizan
06-01-2014, 07:58 AM
No the 7th Legion weapons are not any more powerful than the others, what would have made the difference is the players, their EGO Rating, their Weapon Power, their Weapon Rarity, the usage of abilities and the amount of players.

A number of major arkfalls have not been optimised to account for the increased damage players now do, thankfully the Hellion and Monolith has stages with immunity. The rest just get burned down.

The part highlighted red is very true but the blue-highlighted statement isn't 100% accurate. The 7th Legion arsenal consists of weapons that are variants of existing models. These faction weapons have built-in bonuses. For example the Sumimoto, which is the 7th Legion variant of the VBI Assault Rifle, has a built-in bonus fire rate (the Sumi's base fire rate is higher than that of a VBI AR). This bonus fire rate translates to higher DPS for the Sumimoto in comparison to a VBI AR with the same rolls.

Similarly, all 7th Legion weapons have built-in/hidden bonuses that make them slightly superior to their regular non-faction counterparts. So, even though non of them have DMG bonuses, their unique hidden attributes do make them slightly superior to your regular gear.