PDA

View Full Version : Trion, fix your damn game (ps3)

Olaf
06-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Just did that scrapworks coop expert map with 3 buddies, got all the way to the last stage before the final boss (where u can pickup that special weapon that smashes the ground etc..) anyway, we cleared the scrappers/omnivolts and was just about to start running towards the boss entrance portal.. When it like froze, my buddies characters legs were still moving and yet they were not moving themselves, like they were trying to run but their character was frozen... Anyway it was a disconnect, so reconnected and then I see all my buddies reconnecting, they were all kicked too (maybe the coop shard crashed or sumfin - not sure)....
Went to live chat to see if they could review the logs and see exactly what happend and then hopefully reward the contract as complete (we spent just shy of an hour to get to that point because of those annoying as hell DM snipers etc..).. Below is what was said.

GM Zimsy: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Zimsy. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
GM Zimsy: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. I will be more than happy to assist you with that! In order to do so, I'm going to need to collect some information from you.

May I please have the e-mail that is associated with the account you are having the issue with?
Olaf: email@email.com
Olaf: was in the daily scrapworks coop expert
Olaf: got all the way upto just before the final boss and then it crashed and kicked me and my 3 teammates off the server
Olaf: wasting our time completely as we didnt get a single key OR the reward for completing the contract
GM Zimsy: I am sorry that you were disconnected from the server. I would be happy to provide some troubleshooting steps for you regarding the disconnect.
GM Zimsy: Unfortunately, I cannot advance the contract for you, nor can I provide the rewards for the co-op.
Olaf: well the troubleshooting steps are aload of bs as it never works. the devs have clearly blamed it on the ps3 system and yet this continues to happen
Olaf: wasting our time
Olaf: spent an hour on that coop and it crashed just before the final boss kicking our entire group off the server
Olaf: are you able to look at the logs and see what happend?
GM Zimsy: I am sorry, but I cannot grant these rewards to you. I will pass along the report, and urge you to submit a bug report.
Olaf: the coop crashed kicking us all off, thats not normal
Olaf: ok sure ill post on the forums
Olaf: thanks

As you can see, live support clearly think troubleshooting these disconnects is still a viable option (all it does is wastes our time and achieves no more stability)... Can PhantasieTrion or Kiwibird please look at my logs and see the coop in question and let us know if this was indeed a crash or wat?? (this happend about 20 minutes or more before this post) and my character is Olaf on PS3 EU.

Rokea
06-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Just did that scrapworks coop expert map with 3 buddies, got all the way to the last stage before the final boss (where u can pickup that special weapon that smashes the ground etc..) anyway, we cleared the scrappers/omnivolts and was just about to start running towards the boss entrance portal.. When it like froze, my buddies characters legs were still moving and yet they were not moving themselves, like they were trying to run but their character was frozen... Anyway it was a disconnect, so reconnected and then I see all my buddies reconnecting, they were all kicked too (maybe the coop shard crashed or sumfin - not sure)....
Went to live chat to see if they could review the logs and see exactly what happend and then hopefully reward the contract as complete (we spent just shy of an hour to get to that point because of those annoying as hell DM snipers etc..).. Below is what was said.

GM Zimsy: Thanks for contacting Trion Worlds Customer Support. My name is GM Zimsy. I'm happy to look into your issue for you today.
GM Zimsy: I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating. I will be more than happy to assist you with that! In order to do so, I'm going to need to collect some information from you.

May I please have the e-mail that is associated with the account you are having the issue with?
Olaf: email@email.com
Olaf: was in the daily scrapworks coop expert
Olaf: got all the way upto just before the final boss and then it crashed and kicked me and my 3 teammates off the server
Olaf: wasting our time completely as we didnt get a single key OR the reward for completing the contract
GM Zimsy: I am sorry that you were disconnected from the server. I would be happy to provide some troubleshooting steps for you regarding the disconnect.
GM Zimsy: Unfortunately, I cannot advance the contract for you, nor can I provide the rewards for the co-op.
Olaf: well the troubleshooting steps are aload of bs as it never works. the devs have clearly blamed it on the ps3 system and yet this continues to happen
Olaf: wasting our time
Olaf: spent an hour on that coop and it crashed just before the final boss kicking our entire group off the server
Olaf: are you able to look at the logs and see what happend?
GM Zimsy: I am sorry, but I cannot grant these rewards to you. I will pass along the report, and urge you to submit a bug report.
Olaf: the coop crashed kicking us all off, thats not normal
Olaf: ok sure ill post on the forums
Olaf: thanks

As you can see, live support clearly think troubleshooting these disconnects is still a viable option (all it does is wastes our time and achieves no more stability)... Can PhantasieTrion or Kiwibird please look at my logs and see the coop in question and let us know if this was indeed a crash or wat?? (this happend about 20 minutes or more before this post) and my character is Olaf on PS3 EU.

Welcome to Defiance on ps3 been crashing since april of 2013.

Olaf
06-01-2014, 06:53 PM

yeah i been having the 'full experience' of defiance since April 2013, just about tired of it now.

devs why cant you implement a button in the pause menu to flush/clear ram/cache for us ps3 users? if this is indeed the cause of all the CONSTANT disconnects on ps3...

Bennyguy
06-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Many are feeling your pain.....Disconnects are happening on the Xbox as well. I just purchased the Xbox version and DLC, but I can't get into the Major Arkfalls due to constant disconnects. :mad:

I'm considering going back to the PC version again to see if these disconnects are happening on all platforms.

yue
06-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Yeah I stop doing bug reports about 6 months ago since they flat out told me to stop submitting them . I wanted to give them a sample of how often we actually dc and hard freeze . So for 2 weeks (14 days ) every single time I dced I did a big report ( since I have been told they collect data from them ) . 156 bug reports in 14 days . I got a email telling me that they have received a extreme amount of reports from my account they are aware of the situation and are working on a fix please hold future reports ....... Guess what they've fixed .... Nothing . We have all lost hundreds of forge . I'd have to guess 1000s of keys ( at least for day 1 players ) . All just due to getting booted and missing stuff . And I swear if I contact live chat and they tell me to reload or my system isn't ported properly 1 more time ............. I'll let you fill that in . But yeah something has to get fixed . For a general statement the game is great and they would / should have a lot more players and this f2p will help with that but I will say this ........... If you do not fix the reason why people leave getting more people will not fix that for you . The dc needs to stop and the server will get filled , more bits would be bought , and we wouldn't need to go f2p to try to save the game

Olaf
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Yeah I stop doing bug reports about 6 months ago since they flat out told me to stop submitting them . I wanted to give them a sample of how often we actually dc and hard freeze . So for 2 weeks (14 days ) every single time I dced I did a big report ( since I have been told they collect data from them ) . 156 bug reports in 14 days . I got a email telling me that they have received a extreme amount of reports from my account they are aware of the situation and are working on a fix please hold future reports ....... Guess what they've fixed .... Nothing . We have all lost hundreds of forge . I'd have to guess 1000s of keys ( at least for day 1 players ) . All just due to getting booted and missing stuff . And I swear if I contact live chat and they tell me to reload or my system isn't ported properly 1 more time ............. I'll let you fill that in . But yeah something has to get fixed . For a general statement the game is great and they would / should have a lot more players and this f2p will help with that but I will say this ........... If you do not fix the reason why people leave getting more people will not fix that for you . The dc needs to stop and the server will get filled , more bits would be bought , and we wouldn't need to go f2p to try to save the game

Totally agree mate, you saw what they told me they can do LOL - troubleshoot my disconnects.... great solution trion, absolutely useless... How about this early cashout system, actually make it work for contracts too (and inside coop contracts...)
The game in general is good and fairly addictive but it is so frustrating to the point of never playing it again sometimes due to the constant disconnects. This disconnect feature seems to be solely for us PS3 users, xbox may have disconnects here and there, but Im guessing nothing like we do. I actually played on a PC account and it was bliss, no disconnects no lag no nothing... If defiance was like this on PS3 then it would do extremely well when F2P launches...

Just the reality of things are, ps3 isnt like PC... when f2p launches I FULLY expect a server meltdown OR I myself will meltdown due to the INCREASE in disconnects due to the INCREASED demand on the server/system resources. Trick Dempsey has said NUMEROUS times that the issue for these disconnects on PS3 is the game is resource heavy HOWEVER he has not once mentioned a solution, or that they are indeed working on one.... A simple solution (if possible) would be to add an option in the pause menu that allows you to clean your cache or memory of your system (ps3), atleast this would allow us to religiously do that instead of having to suffer day in day out with these rampage inducing disconnects (yes i know we can do this by restarting our console but after doing that for over a year every time i do an arkfall I have had enough of it)...

If things stay how they are on the PS3 side of things, then F2P will be a total and utter EPIC FAIL of the magnitude NEVER seen before in this universe. And finally to finish my rant, I actually feel sorry for any poor soul who has the misfortune of downloading the ps3 f2p defiance client when it launches and experiencing the issues we have suffered with for the last year+ (theres too many of them, but lets focus on these game breaking disconnects for now)...

Would a dev/CM/PhantasieTrion please get back to us regarding this as its beyond acceptable now.

drackiller
06-02-2014, 02:29 AM
I played Warframe yesterday, i was bored...

Maida
06-02-2014, 02:53 AM

This would make a great t-shirt.

Side note: love the reading list K. Armstrong is a fav of mine.

Olaf
06-03-2014, 12:23 PM
guess us ps3 players are of no importance to the devs, not even worth entertaining us with some bs??

N3gativeCr33p
06-03-2014, 12:30 PM
guess us ps3 players are of no importance to the devs, not even worth entertaining us with some bs??

I'm betting they're just too uber busy with their F2P rollout to give a response... ;)

Olaf
06-03-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm betting they're just too uber busy with their F2P rollout to give a response... ;)

I appreciate that, however f2p will be a massive failure on the ps3 if something isnt done about this, or atleast a temporary solution provided (option to clean cache/ram from within the game)