PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing Grenades

Mushbeeguy
06-01-2014, 06:25 PM
I am told this particular bug is rather common but I hadn't heard about it until it happened to me.

A fellow player sold me oj bio grenades. In the character I had I happened to have purple ones selected. So we go through the trade, he gets his script and I....well, my purples are now gone and the oranges are nowhere to be found ( backpack, claims...no where.)

No word from support on the issue ( they didn't have much time to get to it yet anyway). Anyone else seen this?

Atticus Batman
06-01-2014, 06:28 PM
I am told this particular bug is rather common but I hadn't heard about it until it happened to me.

A fellow player sold me oj bio grenades. In the character I had I happened to have purple ones selected. So we go through the trade, he gets his script and I....well, my purples are now gone and the oranges are nowhere to be found ( backpack, claims...no where.)

No word from support on the issue ( they didn't have much time to get to it yet anyway). Anyone else seen this?
Had clanmates with the issue as have I. We all had to submit tickets and wait a day or 2 for a response. Fortunately we were all given our grenades back.

ironcladtrash
06-01-2014, 07:19 PM
The only way I have found to trade grenades consistently is who ever is receiving the grenade needs to unequip and salvage all the grenades of that type in your inventory. Otherwise the legendary gets overwritten by your lower tier grenade or disappear.

Mushbeeguy
06-02-2014, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the tip ironclad...it's a shame the devs didn't already (cough) know about this. Once there is a timer on these kinds of things I will have been without any bio grenades. So somewhere bugs like this need to be documented.
Not ignoring you Batman, I see you got burned the same way I did. I'm sure once someone gets around to my support request that all will be well.

Mushbeeguy
06-03-2014, 11:06 AM
I haven't heard from anyone. I did request support in game. . Is there a more efficent place to ask for the return of those silly grenades?

Market
06-03-2014, 11:13 AM
I haven't heard from anyone. I did request support in game. . Is there a more efficent place to ask for the return of those silly grenades?

Yes, get into a Livechat. I had this very same thing happen a few weeks ago and they had it sorted out within 48 hours. They're aware of the issue, so it shouldn't be a problem.

support.trionworlds.com, log in and Livechat will appear as a button on the right side. I've dealt with them four or five times now over the past year and they've always been awesome to me.

Mushbeeguy
06-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Yeah, I tried that but I get a 405 error with both Explorer and Firefox when I try to sign in. go figure.

Market
06-03-2014, 11:44 AM
hmm... I'm using Firefox as well and was able to use Livechat. I'm not as computer savvy as I once was, hopefully someone smarter than I am can help you resolve that.

CM Kiwibird
06-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I tried that but I get a 405 error with both Explorer and Firefox when I try to sign in. go figure.

I'll investigate. Sometimes, specific accounts can have trouble accessing Live Chat. :o

CM Kiwibird
06-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Update: You should now be able to use Live Chat. If you still can't, let me know and I'll keep investigating!

http://i.imgur.com/vSnA6f1.gif

Mushbeeguy
06-03-2014, 12:32 PM
Cleared cache, restarted browser and still no joy. I won't keep tying up the forum with my problems.

Edit 6hrs later: I was able to sign into support...'cept it was almost 2 hrs after they closed. I resubmitted a ticket. Let's hope for the best. :)

Elffin
06-03-2014, 12:46 PM
You should think yourself lucky, when i did a trade for some Bio grenades with a fellow clan member the grenades disappeared (He got his Pyro grenades i was trading to him) i put in a ticket and was told that after investigating the trade never happened. I tried to explain that if the logs showed a trade never happened, how did the Pyro Grenades get from my inventory to his. I was told again that they had checked the logs and that a trade had not happened.

So good luck with your ticket.

Elf.

Mushbeeguy
06-04-2014, 07:42 AM
Support returned my grenades this morning. Thank you for all who played a hand in in. ( That mean you too, our favorite small bird!)

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-04-2014, 08:28 AM
I traded two grenades to my buddy. He lost one of the two. Went to live chat but still have no grenades.

I was not told this was a common issue that others were facing...but two days later on the latest patch it even stated that they fixed the grenade issue with bigger egos trading to lower egos??? Why didnt live chat say anything and act like i was the first person to ever have this issue happen to them...trying to convince me that it was an issue on my end.