PDA

View Full Version : PVP balance

Magick
06-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Take speed boost,EGO on reload, and velocity out on multiplayer maps and see how good people are.

ConcreteSnake
06-01-2014, 06:32 PM
Take speed boost,EGO on reload, and velocity out on multiplayer maps and see how good people are.

see how many people play after that

Magick
06-01-2014, 06:34 PM
the same people

ConcreteSnake
06-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Cloak, boomer, infector, zagger, the list goes on.

idonthideiblaze
06-01-2014, 06:39 PM
Pvp is really annoying in this game to many cheapys an a whole lot of desperate users...same cheapo user suck in cod...gta...bf...etc...if they balance pvp correctly the older pre wm crowd will reign supreme...once again...

idonthideiblaze
06-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Snake...I want that fragger tomorrow....but yea cloak an all its toys blow

OttawaREDBLACKS
06-01-2014, 06:46 PM
probably the person who thinks they are the **** because they have an ego 5800 surge bolter and a non-qm 0.0 zagger.

konstantinov
06-01-2014, 06:50 PM
I enjoy using my slugger.

OttawaREDBLACKS
06-01-2014, 06:51 PM
I enjoy using my slugger.I enjoyed using one as well until you find people that don't take headshot damage.

Atticus Batman
06-01-2014, 06:53 PM
Cloak, boomer, infector, zagger, the list goes on.

I still think cloak would be fine, if they removed it's added damage bonus. Anotherwards, change Shadowed Strike, to something else here's some ideas.
1: Damage returned when hit while cloaked
A:+10% DMG returned
B:+20% DMG returned
C:+30% DMG returned

2: Damage reduction when cloaked
A: 2% damage reduction
B: 3% damage reduction
C: 4% damage reduction

Or something on those lines. Basicly make cloak are more Defensive power, than Offensive. I usually use it to move from sniper's nest to sniper's nest, and not for the damage. HEck even if I do cloak before a shot I don't normally have the Shadowed Strike perk equipped.

Magick
06-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Speed boost& EGO reload destioys nultiplayer IMO.

Magick
06-01-2014, 07:14 PM
the worst is the velocity rolls on boomers i bet if that get nerfed those players will be the 1 %

B_Draco
06-01-2014, 08:23 PM
the worst is the velocity rolls on boomers i bet if that get nerfed those players will be the 1 %

I prefer a boomer without it launching a grenade too far, as do a lot of others that'd rather have damage, fire rate, mag, or even reload.

Magick
06-01-2014, 08:28 PM
speed boost + from weapon + explosion 1 hit kill game

B_Draco
06-01-2014, 08:36 PM
speed boost + from weapon + explosion 1 hit kill game

Doesn't matter to me lol, I went back to DUST514. Boring to mostly see and have to use boomer/'f a g'ger or splitshot/courier...

PseudoCool
06-01-2014, 08:37 PM
This discussion? again? Seriously? Really?

When you find this magical PVP balance your all striving for, let me know.. I'll hire you to find the holy grail and the ark of the covenant next!

B_Draco
06-01-2014, 08:38 PM
This discussion? again? Seriously? Really?

When you find this magical PVP balance your all striving for, let me know.. I'll hire you to find the holy grail and the ark of the covenant next!

What about the crystal skulls???

duction
06-01-2014, 10:37 PM
4th of June.... You can make all guns have orange speed boost, this will balance. It will be down to skill then, when the scrubs have their speed boost big boomer/zagger etc and still suck... Gonna be a whole lot of crying posted :D

Chevota
06-01-2014, 10:45 PM

Pretty much any game before COD... Halo 3 for example... As soon as they allowed Fully Customized Loadouts in games + On-Demand Cloaking, Competitive PvP became garbage.

Halo 3 was about controlling objectives on maps, co-ordinating your attacks, team rotations, actual gameplanning. Now that everyone has Ghost, or Cloak, or Invis in their Loadouts, it makes it less about "Team fighting" and more about having the most OP loadout atm.

If everyone had the same shields, the same weaps, the same perks (or none), and you had to control a Cloak area to get it, you could probably see some True, Actual, Stat-based PvP rankings... Not the random matches we have, which turn into a measuring contest of, well, you know, without actually having anything to measure.

Chump Norris
06-01-2014, 11:50 PM
I miss Infantry Online. That was PvP goodness...

Atticus Batman
06-02-2014, 01:25 AM
4th of June.... You can make all guns have orange speed boost, this will balance. It will be down to skill then, when the scrubs have their speed boost big boomer/zagger etc and still suck... Gonna be a whole lot of crying posted :D

They NEVER said that is coming in the June 4th patch. They said it would be sometime in the future. Now if you have proof that they have officially announced that we will be able to change individual rolls on June 4th, then please show this proof.

duction
06-02-2014, 01:35 AM
You can already change the mastery to get speed boost and yes they have said we get the patch June 4th to make guns orange. Take a look back at the dev posts in dev tracker.

Atticus Batman
06-02-2014, 01:43 AM
You can already change the mastery to get speed boost and yes they have said we get the patch June 4th to make guns orange. Take a look back at the dev posts in dev tracker.

You are right, speedboost is a mastery roll and not an individual roll. I'm sorry, I was thinking of the purple speedrole: 25% speed boost for 5 seconds after explosive kill. Although I still think speedboost is a waste of a roll and definitely does NOT make the gun more valuable, but that is my choice.

duction
06-02-2014, 01:51 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160180-For-Trions-eyes-players-with-knowledge-about-upcoming-new-features/page2

Post #15

New features coming June 4th :)

Atticus Batman
06-02-2014, 02:01 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160180-For-Trions-eyes-players-with-knowledge-about-upcoming-new-features/page2

Post #15

New features coming June 4th :)

Yes I get that. I mistakenly thought you were talking about roll resetting because the other "OP" rolls mentioned are purple and Oj rolls and not mastery rolls. And they did not say the individual roll change is coming on June 4th. They said, it is coming at a later time.

duction
06-02-2014, 02:17 AM
Ahhh ok :)

I'm sure this topic will helps some folk anyway.

PseudoCool
06-02-2014, 09:18 AM
The only thing this topic is going to do is find it's way rapidly to the bottom of the page :) Oh crud, I just bumped it to troll it...lol