PDA

View Full Version : Holy F'in Lag already!

GamerIncognito
06-01-2014, 08:20 PM
I can't believe I paid for this! Half the time my ride disappears before I can get to it; mount lag ftw!
I never know if I loot anything that drops, because of this lag. Sometimes the stuff disappears, but does not end up in my bags. Loot lag ftw!!
I just did a quest, and it took a minute for the mobs to spawn in for me to finish clearing the area, only they were already there on their end, and I was almost dead! Spawn lag ftw!!!

LLLLLAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

And you want to make this free to play? Whats the lag going to be like then? Is the game even going to be playable? :( This is a fun game, just sucks that the lag is so bad!

Please fix the lag!

Griffix8
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
You on PS3?

GamerIncognito
06-02-2014, 02:01 AM
No, I am on a PC, haven't used consoles for over 10 years.

Atticus Batman
06-02-2014, 02:12 AM
No, I am on a PC, haven't used consoles for over 10 years.

You have to manually pickup the weapons and shields and they will go into your inventory. As for lag, it could be Trion's server or your connection or both. Btw you act as if this game cost you alot. Did you pick it up for the 2$$ - 20$ that you can currently find it for new, or did you pay the 60$ - 200$ that us old timers payed? Btw before you answer with a complaint or snide remark, you are right that what you paid shouldn't affect the servers. Just remember others play alot more than you and also have the issues. Heck even though the lag may be bad, it is nowhere near as bad as it was on launch week. For the first 2 weeks of the game, the stability was so bad most couldn't get into the game. Of those that could most either couldn't get past the character creation, or couldn't get past tutorial, due to stability and HUGE bugs and glitches.

Give it a chance. As you said, you are new. There is a huge patch coming June 4th that is supposed to fix several issues. And if you post your computer specs, one of the PC players may even be able to tell you if it is something to do with your specs or if there is a way to make it more stable. I do know there is a graphics slider of some kind in the Pc version, You could always try lowering that to minimal to see if that helps.

Btw I am sorry that your first few hours of the game are BAD due to it's server instabilities and all the bugs and glitches. I hope you endure, and stick with it long enough to give the game a chance, because it can be fun, epsecially if you find other players to play with.

GamerIncognito
06-02-2014, 08:45 AM
Oh, no, its cool, not going to post anything snide. Really, I wanted to complain to Trion about it, since we pretty much all already complain to each other in the game.

No, I just recently bought the game, in total I spent more then $20.00 for everything I have gotten, but that really doesn't matter. I paid for the game due to advertising they have been doing, the when and how much really does not matter. Regardless, I do feel my complaint is a valid one; I have gamed with Trion since Rift beta, and this is one of the worst experiences I have had. Not really bad enough to make me quit Trion, but still, the valid concern is if the game is going to lag this much once it does finally go F2P.

It is nice to get community involvement, but it sucks that producers and hosts refuse to give you real answers for your concerns, or prevent you from directly contacting them all together, and instead make you post in a forum. I actually can't stand forums, most of the time my views are opposite of everyone else's, and the ridicule starts to annoy me. But I have always believed everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how I feel about it.

At any rate, I am just hoping to see some posts addressing the lag issue from someone affiliated with Trion (other then just us, the players). Thank you, I appreciated your post.

Roez
06-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Last night the server/one of the shards was FUBAR, and it wasn't anyone's connection. It crashed at some point. The lag was super horrible. It's not commonly that bad in my experience, and with the F2P hitting this week who knows what they are doing, which might have caused some of it.

Beyond that, I find the closer to reset some issues are more noticeable, and on the weekends they become an issue earlier. Most of the time, for me, it's not a problem. The Dev's are aware of the poofing vehicles, but said it's not a high priority.