PDA

View Full Version : I would pay cash for Branding "naming" my guns permanently--Trion are you listening

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Yes Trion...i said Cash...or even arkforge which i would buy with cash. All i want and have asked for forever ago is to be able to brand your gun with your name/symbol/calling card. So that if your gun gets handed down from person to person it will always be known as a "BieberYoloSwag" gun. I think it would be neat to name your gun and sell it and people talk about it, like "have you seen the Ultimator..its vicious. Oh ya ive seen the Ultimator...but have you seen the SwagTastic??"

Take my money trion...you always want to. Make this option happen and you can have all the money that should be going to buying my kids diapers.

duction
06-02-2014, 07:47 AM
Didn't they say this is coming in an update in the future? Or did I dream that?

ConcreteSnake
06-02-2014, 07:50 AM
Didn't they say this is coming in an update in the future? Or did I dream that?

they did.....

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-02-2014, 07:55 AM
I am on the forums so much...yet i never pay attention to those responses from live chat or anything like that...wish i knew where those answers always are.

ConcreteSnake
06-02-2014, 07:58 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?161056-Defiance-Community-Q-amp-A-Response-May-30

Question #13

Can you elaborate on what increasing the functionality for arkforge to provide players with greater options means?

We’re aiming to use arkforge to allow ark hunters to reforge the bonuses and synergies on their weapons. We’re also rather fond of weapon naming.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-02-2014, 08:02 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?161056-Defiance-Community-Q-amp-A-Response-May-30

Question #13

Can you elaborate on what increasing the functionality for arkforge to provide players with greater options means?

We’re aiming to use arkforge to allow ark hunters to reforge the bonuses and synergies on their weapons. We’re also rather fond of weapon naming.

Ooh baby thats nice.

jay ellis
06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
If they decide to do this I hope they keep the original name somewhere and also make them renameable. Its hard to tell a big boomer from a frc big boomer as it is. And thats just the first gun that comes to mind. I would also hate to be stuck with "killer's member" or some other ridiculous thing. Might hurt your trade value if upgrading rarity doesn't end trading entirely.

RigaMortis
06-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Can't wait to name my weapons.

Etaew
06-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Can't wait to name my weapons.

Oh yes

http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon/m=13_r=Legendary_e=Incendiary_s=_me=_b=_ego=5800_m od=0;0;0;0_mas=0_name=Etaew's%20Boomboom.jpg

Griffix8
06-02-2014, 11:24 AM
If they decide to do this I hope they keep the original name somewhere and also make them renameable. Its hard to tell a big boomer from a frc big boomer as it is. And thats just the first gun that comes to mind. I would also hate to be stuck with "killer's member" or some other ridiculous thing. Might hurt your trade value if upgrading rarity doesn't end trading entirely.
Someone was telling me that either they wish or Trion was implementing a tag system, when you name a weapon it'll be "Named By: *Insert Name Here*". It'd be to prevent people from naming their guns (say like the Nano Scattergun) to another gun name of the same type and sell it as a completely different gun.
Ex. I believe the Nano Fragger looks similar to the picture for the Zagger so someone could take that Fragger, call it Zagger then sell it as such.

Nefarious
06-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Someone was telling me that either they wish or Trion was implementing a tag system, when you name a weapon it'll be "Named By: *Insert Name Here*". It'd be to prevent people from naming their guns (say like the Nano Scattergun) to another gun name of the same type and sell it as a completely different gun.
Ex. I believe the Nano Fragger looks similar to the picture for the Zagger so someone could take that Fragger, call it Zagger then sell it as such.

I would hope players would look at and examining the weapons stats before buying it from another player. If the weapons stats match up to the buyers liking then I see no problem with it.

jay ellis
06-02-2014, 02:52 PM
I would hope players would look at and examining the weapons stats before buying it from another player. If the weapons stats match up to the buyers liking then I see no problem with it.

Its not as easy as just looking at the stats. The big boomer is only available from top notch, the frc big boomer can be picked up anywhere. The only difference is the top notch one does more dmg and can get a top notch synergy. Its also all black but i dont think you can view them in trade windows anymore.

Atticus Batman
06-02-2014, 06:37 PM

That is what they are planning on doing. They are also trying to make a name filter so existing weapon names can't be used. And by tagging the gun wuth it's namer's name, it makes it easier to ban the person who gave it the inappropriate name. So they don't just ban the person using it, when it is brought to thier attention.

drackiller
06-03-2014, 01:48 AM
Oh yes

http://www.defiancedata.com/weapon/m=13_r=Legendary_e=Incendiary_s=_me=_b=_ego=5800_m od=0;0;0;0_mas=0_name=Etaew's%20Boomboom.jpg

LOL, nice. I think i`ll let mine as they are now, i lack the imagination and i normally use bad names for stuff so i better not mess with that.

Etaew
06-03-2014, 04:14 AM
LOL, nice. I think i`ll let mine as they are now, i lack the imagination and i normally use bad names for stuff so i better not mess with that.

I'd probably go down the route of describing what the gun is used for, tankyhealthsteal, healthburning, shielddrain, armortaker.

ArkHunter Z
06-03-2014, 04:56 AM
Naming guns is definitely a good thing. Just wondering how many "Donkey Puncher" shottys and "@$$ Blaster" ARs will show up in game...

MuteWilly
06-03-2014, 05:55 AM
I'd probably name my guns things like:
The French Tickler
Hard-n-Black
Bubba's Anal Destroyer
Fifi's Pride Mangler
The Fluffinator

Things like that.

DSW
06-03-2014, 06:09 AM
i think we'll see influx of BL-inspired gun names, like Sledge Shotgun for 0.0 zaggers :)

mclumpo
06-03-2014, 07:46 AM
I just forsee a bunch of guns named poopy **** or some other juvenile thing

Etaew
06-03-2014, 08:06 AM
I just forsee a bunch of guns named poopy **** or some other juvenile thing
Which is fine, if it's just in their inventory. When you become a trader and are selling these then it becomes an issue.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Prior to trading my gun i would charge extra to the buyer for me not to name the gun! 200k extra if you dont want me to write I love Bieber on your future gun!

Atticus Batman
06-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Which is fine, if it's just in their inventory. When you become a trader and are selling these then it becomes an issue.

That's easy, their name will be permatagged on anything they name, so it would be easy to report him for the bad name and for the devs to see the proof.

CM Kiwibird
06-03-2014, 04:41 PM
That's easy, their name will be permatagged on anything they name, so it would be easy to report him for the bad name and for the devs to see the proof.

Yup! Report them. Normally, when we see an inappropriate name, we give the player the opportunity to rename it to something more appropriate. This is how we roll with inappropriate character names. If that is abused... Well... They might end up with a weapon named the "Sugarplum Snowflake" or the "Grand Gumdrop"... So please be responsible with your naming! :o

Deirachel
06-03-2014, 05:07 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/fdeb824798be0d33b077eba77e75e8b8/tumblr_mel1piEHHr1qzw0zeo1_250.gif

Atticus Batman
06-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Yup! Report them. Normally, when we see an inappropriate name, we give the player the opportunity to rename it to something more appropriate. This is how we roll with inappropriate character names. If that is abused... Well... They might end up with a weapon named the "Sugarplum Snowflake" or the "Grand Gumdrop"... So please be responsible with your naming! :o

Hmmmm, so is "Kiwibird's DELIGHT", appropriate or inappropriate?! ;)

CRIXDA
06-04-2014, 06:45 AM
My question is : how many guns can You call "The Batarang", Batmin?
Heh heh heh !

drackiller
06-04-2014, 07:07 AM
I will name my first gun as:

""""drum rolls"""""....ta dam

KIWI.
My first weapon will be named after you sweet bird :)

Pandur
06-04-2014, 07:11 AM

KIWI.

Well let's hope it's not a birdshot pump.

drackiller
06-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Well let's hope it's not a birdshot pump.

...lol...let`s hope not :)

CM Kiwibird
06-04-2014, 11:00 AM

KIWI.

Awwww! Thank you! That's sweet! :)

Odessa
06-04-2014, 11:03 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/fdeb824798be0d33b077eba77e75e8b8/tumblr_mel1piEHHr1qzw0zeo1_250.gif

*gives Deirachel a cookie* Just so full of win.

konstantinov
So babymaker too much?

Griffix8

KIWI.
Lol I dunno Sugarplum Snowflake sounds like a fearsome weapon to beat people with.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Should we just make another thread with list of possible gun names?

konstantinov
06-04-2014, 11:07 AM

Do it now. Infractions will probably be abundant.

Odessa
06-04-2014, 11:17 AM

What I want to know is... will the name be unique, meaning only ONE can use it. That's going to be a short and quickly snapped up thread, that's for sure.

Egyptia
06-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Except legendary zaggers all have 4 reload rolls and ego on reload............