PDA

View Full Version : modding

solidriver
04-03-2013, 05:05 AM
how do you add mods to a weapon.
All i get is destroying weapons for salvage points?????

Dinova
04-03-2013, 05:06 AM
You can only add mods if the gun has open slots for it.

Behind a gun you see 4 dots, if any of them is a small squar/block, thats a mod you can place.

(though i noticed some guns you can add a slot, no idea when/why that can happen).

Senel
04-03-2013, 05:12 AM
Here's a video that details everything could ever need to know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO74ITJ2af8

To answer some questions quickly...

First off the weapon has to have mod slots which can been seen when you select the weapon, there are 4 slots (stock,barrel, mag, and sight) which each require different types of mods. Not all mods work for every weapon the mods, mods are specific to each weapon class (assault, sniper, etc). You can add mod slots to weapons by spending Ark Salvage but you can't do this until you're a higher level. Ark Salvage is most easily obtained by salvaging equipment which is also done in the matrix station (break down to resources). More is explained in the video i just wanted to try and give you a quick text option to read in case you didn't wanna watch it.

Quirky
04-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Make sure you don't have it equipped. If you have it in a Loadout you won't be able to Attach Mods or anything like that (Or atleast Add Mods). Also you've got to reach a certain Ego Level (I think it may be 150?)

Komakala
04-03-2013, 05:16 AM
Minimum level to add mod slots to a weapon is Ego 100, if you're lower than that level you cannot add mod slots.

HooDoo
04-03-2013, 05:21 AM
Minimum level to add mod slots to a weapon is Ego 100, if you're lower than that level you cannot add mod slots.

You can add mods right from the start after the tutorial but as Komakala said to ad mod slots to a weapon you need at least Ego of 100.

Arcs
04-03-2013, 05:22 AM
Does adding slots just appear at 100 or do you have to learn it somewhere?

HooDoo
04-03-2013, 05:27 AM
Yes it just appears as an option but you just have to be sure the weapon you want to add slots to is not equipped in any loadout at all.

Voidfox
04-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Make sure you don't have it equipped. If you have it in a Loadout you won't be able to Attach Mods or anything like that (Or atleast Add Mods). Also you've got to reach a certain Ego Level (I think it may be 150?)

The reliance of not having it equipped is such an inconvenience. It should just auto unequip when you select the option to mod it.

This UI needs to be more streamlined. :/