PDA

View Full Version : Groups and Objectives - Can we not always see them, please?

Brad UK
04-03-2013, 05:18 AM
We'll I've played this last night with a few friends. My major gripes are mostly about co-op within Groups, specifically this is aimed at my group who are know to each other personally, not a group of random people just teaming up on the game.

1) I'm in a group of players known to me. One of my group starts a mission, but then we all have to start it individually too. Why? It's a little irritating.
- Fix this with an option to allow your group leader to start missions for the group? This would avoid any issues if you happen to be in a group of 'randoms'.

2) My group leader wanted to do a mission. A mission some of us had already done. We couldn't see any of the objectives he was trying to achieve. No audio, no markers, nothing. This irritated me massively. It didn't feel like a shared mission or co-op at all at that stage. I don't even want the mission XP or anything, just to play along missions with members of my group receiving all the info of the active missions.

If any of this isn't a game feature or can be fixed by a setting, let me know!

MA5TERxxBLA5TER
04-03-2013, 05:21 AM
I completely agree

cfStatic
04-03-2013, 05:27 AM
We'll I've played this last night with a few friends. My major gripes are mostly about co-op within Groups, specifically this is aimed at my group who are know to each other personally, not a group of random people just teaming up on the game.

1) I'm in a group of players known to me. One of my group starts a mission, but then we all have to start it individually too. Why? It's a little irritating.
- Fix this with an option to allow your group leader to start missions for the group? This would avoid any issues if you happen to be in a group of 'randoms'.

2) My group leader wanted to do a mission. A mission some of us had already done. We couldn't see any of the objectives he was trying to achieve. No audio, no markers, nothing. This irritated me massively. It didn't feel like a shared mission or co-op at all at that stage. I don't even want the mission XP or anything, just to play along missions with members of my group receiving all the info of the active missions.

The second part of your post has to do with the phasing system. There are different phases depending on if it's story driven, that is, when you get sent there as part of the main quest line, or if you just happen to roll up to it. The former you can only do once, which will cause members of your party to not be able to phase shift into that instance of the area if they've already done it. The latter anyone can do repeatedly and they will phase shift into the correct instance. I don't recall if when Trion was discussing it on one of the Friday live streams if they said that they were going to change that or not, it was awhile back.

Lenko
04-03-2013, 05:39 AM

I believe you can counter this by using the 'Join Phase' option in your party menu.

Brad UK
04-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the info. We will look at phasing tonight.

Brad UK
04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Well we tried for quite some time. We just couldnt do this on the PS3. Fundamentally ruins things for me.