PDA

View Full Version : Healing build?

NastyNyate
04-03-2013, 05:39 AM
So this morning i picked up a bmg and tried to zoom and to my surprise it began to heal me. Now im curious in knowing if there are any sort of builds that could benefit healing friendly players that anyone has found yet. Im roughly lvl 250 so i do have a few ego points to play with.

Let me know if you have found anything

Thanks

mcwjimbo
04-03-2013, 07:48 AM
I run with a BMG but decided to build towards personal survivability since a dead person can't heal others very well :-P

most of the perks focused on healing are associated with rezing..as in rez 1 person rez everyone within a certain radius....rez self and fill everyones shields. The former isnt for my personal play style but the later could be useful depending on perk loadout space. take less damage while rezzing though personally the take less damage overall and boost personal HP are better to fill 2 perk slots as vs something that has a situational benefit

there are 2 kinds of scope mods for BMG = 1 boosts damage more and boosts healing slightly less or boost healing more and damage slightly less

since I also personally like to pump out damage = BMG damage something, heal, damage, heal ...clicking back and forth & the bmg heals very quickly....I prefer the boosting damage with a lower boost to healing. For me this strategy is better as vs total focus healing due to the more quickly something is dead the less damage it puts out on others needing to be healed. I also am aiming for electro nano effect on my bmg for Crowd Control, again the shortest amount of time something can put out damage on people = the less you need to heal them

Am curious about overcharge boosting healing numbers or does it just boost damage. Haven't tested yet

If you don't know, there are 2 kinds of BMGs. 1 that arcs while damaging and healing doing both to multiple targets but has a short range and another that is single target for damage and healing but a much longer range

Drazn
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
S0 are there healing specs in the game? Like can you be a dedicated healer?

mcwjimbo
04-03-2013, 12:42 PM
S0 are there healing specs in the game? Like can you be a dedicated healer?

sure you could, but why only heal? with a good team you dont need to heal constantly and can get off damage to help the team ....end game bosses might require a more dedicated healer

Drazn
04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
sure you could, but why only heal? with a good team you dont need to heal constantly and can get off damage to help the team ....end game bosses might require a more dedicated healer

Oh sorry, I guess I should have added that I haven't bought the game yet just doing some research. From what I have seen in numerous trailers the game looks amazing.

Warlander
04-03-2013, 01:04 PM
BMG is only good in dungeons, its not useful in the open world or ark falls, better to kill stuff and revive if needed.
but 3 people shooting and 1 healing in a dungeon works well.

mcwjimbo
04-03-2013, 01:30 PM
BMG is only good in dungeons, its not useful in the open world or ark falls, better to kill stuff and revive if needed.
but 3 people shooting and 1 healing in a dungeon works well.

Juts because you dont know how to play well with 1 doesnt mean your opinion is correct and the "better to kill stuff and revive if needed" reminds me of some co-op vids as well as random people in game I have seen running towards bullets

QuikFoX3a
04-04-2013, 08:43 PM

Not to judge you or seem negative but... I think that's the dumbest thing I've ever read in regards to Healing in an MMO.

Healing someone else or yourself at any point in any MMO far outweighs the "Die and Run Back" method, not to mention saves money and time from not having to run back.

Pure Hostility
04-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Well, to be honest.
Healing here is pretty obsolete with a team of players who know what to do.
You can use cover to your advantage to minimize the received damage.

I'm 100% certain that "4 DPS" is more solid and more efficent vs "3 DPS + 1 Dedicated Healer".
The only times you are going to die in PvE, are by these situations:
-Standing still like a bloody idiot...
-... In an open field.
- Being flanked and drastically outnumbered (1:5)
-Running onto 3 nades laying in the grass.
-Cornered against beefy enemies (you really must want to be cornered in this game).

That's all.
My opinion from my experience so far, 620 ego.

Daergar
04-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Well, to be honest.
Healing here is pretty obsolete with a team of players who know what to do.
You can use cover to your advantage to minimize the received damage.

I'm 100% certain that "4 DPS" is more solid and more efficent vs "3 DPS + 1 Dedicated Healer".
The only times you are going to die in PvE, are by these situations:
-Standing still like a bloody idiot...
-... In an open field.
- Being flanked and drastically outnumbered (1:5)
-Running onto 3 nades laying in the grass.
-Cornered against beefy enemies (you really must want to be cornered in this game).

That's all.
My opinion from my experience so far, 620 ego.

You're glossing over the dungeons, which was mentioned above. A healer using a damage-negating bmg on the groupmate who holds aggro is very nice and tends to speed things up imho. If nothing else, some of the bosses can be a true pain without.

Pure Hostility
04-04-2013, 09:12 PM
You're glossing over the dungeons, which was mentioned above. A healer using a damage-negating bmg on the groupmate who holds aggro is very nice and tends to speed things up imho. If nothing else, some of the bosses can be a true pain without.

You can "tank aggro" by just hiding behind cover and standing there doing nothing, just like with having 1 dedicated healer doing nothing but leashing teammates.
Now, if person who holds aggro, uses cover correctly, you can still have 4 ... maybe 3,5 guns firing into general direction of enemies.
Basically, what this means, you never stop advancing, as you have enough firepower to cut through anything by slowing going forward. I really doubt that having someone constantly healing speeds this up, yes, ofcourse it saves a lot of trouble... but I will give you a tip... There are no classes in this game, everyone can use BMG, just take it as your second weapon, all 4 of you, if needed, someone will switch to BMG and heal when needed, then swap back to deal more damage.

My favourite weapon setup (for whole team) is:
LMG with radioactive, 2x AR with fire, Bolt sniper with Siphon.
LMG tags enemies with radioactive, to debuff their armors, AR does their DPS and sniper nukes targets, works amazing and you cut through mobs like through butter.

Now change back to open world PvE, healing there...especially dedicated...
Well, as I mentioned above, everyone can any 2 weapons equipped at once.
IF needed you can always select BMG during Arkfall to heal those around you... not really needed imo, if they go down, you just revive them, as reviving is utterly fast.

Questing? Monsters gain HP based on # of players nearby, I would prefer adequate firepower rather than pocket medic.