PDA

View Full Version : Loadout Quick Swap Button

Fuzzy
06-04-2014, 07:42 PM
So has anyone figured out the quick swap button for loadouts?
I haven't seen it in the remapping and tried every key that would make at least a little bit of sense.
I'm playing on PC, so I need the key for this but I guess console player would appreciate it also if they haven't found out yet.

tactics
06-04-2014, 07:45 PM
4 ps3 hold triangle, so try n hold ur swap button

Ozoaken
06-04-2014, 07:46 PM
You hold the button that you use to switch weapons.

To me this "quick" swap of load outs is slower than changing them was before because it starts an interaction bar that takes just as long if not longer than it used to take to switch load outs.

Fuzzy
06-04-2014, 07:47 PM
4 ps3 hold triangle, so try n hold ur swap button

Thank you! It is Q for us.
Many thanks :) It's way too late to think clearly for me :D

drackiller
06-05-2014, 01:23 AM
Thank you! It is Q for us.
Many thanks :) It's way too late to think clearly for me :D

Fuzzy it looks like that for you guys on PC that is way to slow, perhaps for you guys going to the menu is still the best viable option.
But i don`t play on PC , so...

Ozoaken
06-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Going through the menu still causes the animation when you exit the menu so way more slow than before

drackiller
06-05-2014, 01:31 AM
Going through the menu still causes the animation when you exit the menu so way more slow than before

Sorry, didn`t knew that. At least for us on PS3 that feature is welcomed.

crazyged
06-05-2014, 02:16 AM
They need to make the loadout swap instant - it could mean the difference between winning and getting your behind kicked. That animation is annoying!

SoulSpeed
06-05-2014, 02:25 AM
They really should reverse this action on the PC since it ain't a "Quick Swap" at all.
And if loadouts are assigned at key "L" key why is it also bound in the "F1" key? I don't get it?
2 Choices to choose form to satisfy everyone (on PC that is):
-Instant swap (no animation) (pre-patch)
-Instant swap (no animation) + loadouts key bindable (or on standard "F-keys?")

Pandur
06-05-2014, 02:26 AM

Really ? So they basically nerfed weapon swapping for PC ? That's ridicolous................as if loadout swapping wasn't enough of a pain as it was.

Roez
06-05-2014, 02:35 AM
Really ? So they basically nerfed weapon swapping for PC ? That's ridicolous................as if loadout swapping wasn't enough of a pain as it was.

In 24 hours I've gone from excited with the patch, doing some reddit stuff to help newbies, to not knowing what to think.

They tossed the score boost leader board surprise in, which is annoying and yet to play out; they extended down time with a whole host of very serious issues, and then reverted some of their patch. Now, not being able to log in out of reasonable concern it will screw something up that will take too long to fix, I'm wonder what the hell. The weapon swap apparently uses a horrible animation with a log time delay.

The long and short of it, the patch is a mess, more than I even jokingly anticipated following their recent patching history. What's worse, it was their debut for a lot of people anticipating F2P. How can they let something seemingly that important go down in flames? I'm old enough to know better than put too many eggs in one basket, and just about had enough.

Pandur
06-05-2014, 02:45 AM
In 24 hours I've gone from excited with the patch, doing some reddit stuff to help newbies, to not knowing what to think.

They tossed the score boost leader board surprise in, which is annoying and yet to play out; they extended down time with a whole host of very serious issues, and then reverted some of their patch. Now, not being able to log in out of reasonable concern it will screw something up that will take too long to fix, I'm wonder what the hell. The weapon swap apparently uses a horrible animation with a log time delay.

The long and short of it, the patch is a mess, more than I even jokingly anticipated following their recent patching history. What's worse, it was their debut for a lot of people anticipating F2P. How can they let something seemingly that important go down in flames? I'm old enough to know better than put too many eggs in one basket, and just about had enough.

Well i expected some kind of fiasco still Trion managed to surprise me......and not in a good way. Somehow i find it amazing though.

And yeah with downtime yesterday i played another game and i might just stick with that for now lol.
I think the possible loss of items and the quick swap nerf were the last straws for me for now.

Xaat Xuun
06-05-2014, 02:52 AM
for me, the quick swap is a thousand times faster, but I'm on a old machine, and it takes for ever to load, but the quick swap is quick and easy for me, just a few seconds and load-out swapped, where before could take 30sec to over a minute
I'm loving it

I'm sure I'm the exception from what I've been reading. took a few tries to adjust using the mouse on the dial/pointer/thingy to the correct loadout. like 3 times and now it's just one smooth action, at tops maybe 5 seconds to switch loadout, and for me that Flash speed, sure beats the 30 + seconds I had to deal with before, I mean before I just stayed with what ever the load out was currently selected through the whole fight

Pandur
06-05-2014, 03:17 AM
for me, the quick swap is a thousand times faster, but I'm on a old machine, and it takes for ever to load, but the quick swap is quick and easy for me, just a few seconds and load-out swapped, where before could take 30sec to over a minute
I'm loving it

I'm sure I'm the exception from what I've been reading. took a few tries to adjust using the mouse on the dial/pointer/thingy to the correct loadout. like 3 times and now it's just one smooth action, at tops maybe 5 seconds to switch loadout, and for me that Flash speed, sure beats the 30 + seconds I had to deal with before, I mean before I just stayed with what ever the load out was currently selected through the whole fight

I don't think the quick swap is a bad idea, even if it's flawed. It's the fact that they added the animation to menu swapping too that is completely silly.

Xaat Xuun
06-05-2014, 03:27 AM
before I learned how to do the quick swap, I saw someone doing it, but was not aware at the time that's what they were doing, kinda looked like they're adjusting a little invisible child clothes

I didn't think of testing, but was curious, if I sent my decoy out, switched to a loadout that had Overcharged, if the decoy would still be there, and I also have overcharge working the same time