PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the Volge lightning (sniper) rifle?

Dehni
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
The damage potential for this weapon is off the charts. It can score over 200,000 dmg on a volge Viscera in one shot. But it seems to me that it's impossible to be accurate with this weapon. Hip fire shots go wild, understandably, but even while using the scope I noticed that scoring headshots will not always land critical damage, but regular damage instead.

I also sometimes get no damage at all even though I'm certain that I didn't miss. This seems to be an old glitch with sniper rifles that happened sometimes when using the scope or when swapping weapons, which I thought was fixed because it hasn't happened to me in a while.

This Volge rifle seems to be a very powerfull weapon, but I'm wondering if there's a trick to using it correctly.

Quebra Regra
06-05-2014, 10:51 AM
The damage potential for this weapon is off the charts. It can score over 200,000 dmg on a volge Viscera in one shot. But it seems to me that it's impossible to be accurate with this weapon. Hip fire shots go wild, understandably, but even while using the scope I noticed that scoring headshots will not always land critical damage, but regular damage instead.

I also sometimes get no damage at all even though I'm certain that I didn't miss. This seems to be an old glitch with sniper rifles that happened sometimes when using the scope or when swapping weapons, which I thought was fixed because it hasn't happened to me in a while.

This Volge rifle seems to be a very powerfull weapon, but I'm wondering if there's a trick to using it correctly.

it's a keeper. The old glitch was tied to the GUNSLINGER perk, if you equipped it, you would do NO damage when scoped in.

That was the glitch that made me quit for 6months... tell me it's not back?

Error404
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Aim like you're using a ranger. Aim for the base of the neck and you'll almost always get a crit.

Hit detection on the other hand...

drackiller
06-05-2014, 10:55 AM
it's a keeper. The old glitch was tied to the GUNSLINGER perk, if you equipped it, you would do NO damage when scoped in.

You can rest my friend, it`s working fine. Got to love those numbers :)

Zhedda
06-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Only thing I have found with it is you have to be very careful about firing before you release the right mouse button. If you release the right mouse button too soon the shot will go wild. Sometimes curve, Hunted style. I generally do a sort of rolling motion. LMB down, RMB down, LMB up, RMB up. Takes a while to get used to the rifle, but once you do it is beast.

Dehni
06-05-2014, 11:01 AM

Now that you mention it, that's exactly what it was. And yes I have the gunslinger perk equipped. Maybe it's just doing it for this particular type of rifle?

drackiller
06-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Only thing I have found with it is you have to be very careful about firing before you release the right mouse button. If you release the right mouse button too soon the shot will go wild. Sometimes curve, Hunted style. I generally do a sort of rolling motion. LMB down, RMB down, LMB up, RMB up. Takes a while to get used to the rifle, but once you do it is beast.
Yeah, like you said, after you get used to it, just phenomenal :)

Dehni
06-05-2014, 11:03 AM

That could be what I'm doing wrong, regarding crit dmg vs. reg dmg. Definitely a tricky weapon to get used to.

brute
You can rest my friend, it`s working fine. Got to love those numbers :)

its not the old bug something new i have been useing it a lot lately trying for my 5k bolt kills and i can tell u after the patch about 1 out of 4 shot u will see them get it but no damge oddly i have seen it hit do no damge but its fire nano would still set it on fire i think they tried to fix the full charge being in accurate on big enemies like wm and dm but made it worse. i think its the buged that affected the typhoons has to do with the explosion radius being messed up on it.

BIEBERyoloSWAG
i quick scope with this gun. Tap the left and right trigger at the same times and you will mostly hit your enemy 80% of the time if not more.

drackiller
06-05-2014, 11:06 AM
its not the old bug something new i have been useing it a lot lately trying for my 5k bolt kills and i can tell u after the patch about 1 out of 4 shot u will see them get it but no damge oddly i have seen it hit do no damge but its fire nano would still set it on fire i think they tried to fix the full charge being in accurate on big enemies like wm and dm but made it worse. i think its the buged that affected the typhoons has to do with the explosion radius being messed up on it.

My friend if your trying to get the 5K kills on Bolt action Snipers, do as i did, go to the Thorn Liro Arenas. The first arena is the best for the effect, lots of litle hellbugs, let them gather and shoot to the midlle of them, you can get 200 to 250 per match.

brute
06-05-2014, 11:16 AM
My friend if your trying to get the 5K kills on Bolt action Snipers, do as i did, go to the Thorn Liro Arenas. The first arena is the best for the effect, lots of litle hellbugs, let them gather and shoot to the midlle of them, you can get 200 to 250 per match.

ya im real close i know lots of spots if i really wanted to get it done last thing i need done. but after farming with this i have grown fond of it and would like to see it fixed..

Zhedda
06-05-2014, 11:19 AM

Last Night it was really amusing, since the mobs wouldn't move. Wherever they spawned, that is where they stayed (though the ranged mobs did move on the server, and could shoot you from seemingly out of nowhere). Made it easy to get some weapon skill up. Especially explosive weapons.

Nefarious
06-05-2014, 11:50 AM
The Gun is defiantly reminiscent of the BFG with a powerful slow moving projectile. Interesting enough this falls under the 'Volge LMG' category. All cold fire weapons do. Even the Thunder Pistol.

Dehni
06-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Ok, so I tried removing the Gunslinger perks and making sure that I don't release the RMB before firing, but my hits still aren't dealing any damage. I'd say maybe an average of 1 hit in 5 will show any damage at all.

I'm starting to think it might have something to do with the Sharpshooter scope mod that I installed. I would try removing it but would hate to lose my mods for nothing if it doesn't work.

Zhedda
06-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Are you aiming dead at the head? If so, aim a little lower. Aim around the neck. Same for anything else; try to aim just below where you want the bolt to go. Also make sure the enemy is not behind rails, or other terrain. Volge weapons are really bad about not being able to fire through gaps. The payoff is worth it, however, when you can one-shot most enemies with it (pre-scaling).

Quebra Regra
06-06-2014, 09:29 AM
Ok, so I tried removing the Gunslinger perks and making sure that I don't release the RMB before firing, but my hits still aren't dealing any damage. I'd say maybe an average of 1 hit in 5 will show any damage at all.

I'm starting to think it might have something to do with the Sharpshooter scope mod that I installed. I would try removing it but would hate to lose my mods for nothing if it doesn't work.

I've long had my suspicious about some of the scope mods... I'd be very interested to hear how this turns out. Please keep us posted.

Donk
06-06-2014, 09:48 AM
Been using this gun exclusively to get the 5k bolt kills and seeing the same results on shots that appear to go through the target quite a bit since the patch. Some mobs worse then others. Have not tried to remove the gunslinger perk will do that tonight. I have recorded this to prove I'm not...... OK just to record it.

Japh
06-06-2014, 09:58 AM
It's in the known issue list that these guns sometimes "miss"

Dehni
06-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Are you aiming dead at the head? If so, aim a little lower. Aim around the neck. Same for anything else; try to aim just below where you want the bolt to go. Also make sure the enemy is not behind rails, or other terrain. Volge weapons are really bad about not being able to fire through gaps. The payoff is worth it, however, when you can one-shot most enemies with it (pre-scaling).

There's no question that it's hitting the target. The shot detonates and you can see the explosion. If it misses, you just see the shot (a big bolt of light) continuing on it's trajectory. Keep in mind I've been shooting at huge Viscera's. For smaller groups of enemies, I can a least hip fire point blank and shoot the ground near their feet, and the blast takes care of the rest. I just wish I could reliably score those 200K - 300K critical kills.

I suppose I can afford to lose a couple of mods. Will try removing them tonight when I play.

cyguy
06-09-2014, 10:55 AM
I noticed after using a full modded assassin volge lightning rifle that it feels slightly more accurate then it used to be. Strafing seemed to hit more then sitting still. Also tried it on a hellion for the hell of it earlier. A crit hit did 230k+ damage, after 2 crits its health was nothing more then a sliver. Very strong gun, but you seem to have to be patient until you can get the hang of it's crazy firing arcs. Beyond that, the volge assault rifle seemed to be firing rather straight lately. One last thing, I seem to no longer be able to hurt myself with close up splash damage, so I'm sure I read somewhere about doing some change to splash damage. No idea why though.

maverick07
06-09-2014, 11:41 AM
It's in the known issue list that these guns sometimes "miss"

It was actually hitting correctly after the fix that gave the Lightning Rifle its damage boost when charged. But one of the last hotfixes broke it again and now even uncharged shots have the problem.

Alastar
06-09-2014, 11:50 AM
This is my trick to using the volge lightning rifle. Grind out my 5k sniper kills. Sell to vendor. ;)

maverick07
06-09-2014, 11:57 AM
This is my trick to using the volge lightning rifle. Grind out my 5k sniper kills. Sell to vendor. ;)

It actually became a nice sniper rifle after the fix that gave it the Damage Multi when fully charged (and the hit detection was fixed). Now that the hit detection is broken again though it is back to the shelf...

Alastar
06-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Its a preference issue for me putting it on the shelf. I'm a real bolt action sniper kinda guy if I'm sniping at all. Shooting halo sticky grenades out of a bolt action sniper just leaves a bad taste in my mouth so to speak lol.

Lillith Valerian
06-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Its a preference issue for me putting it on the shelf. I'm a real bolt action sniper kinda guy if I'm sniping at all. Shooting halo sticky grenades out of a bolt action sniper just leaves a bad taste in my mouth so to speak lol.

This. So much this.

I'll take my T4 Assassin triple crit FRC Bolt-Action, thanks. Nothing Super Sci-Fi Fancy, but it's great at teaching bad guys running at me that no means no.

psxmessiah
06-09-2014, 03:25 PM
I posted a ticket yesterday they told me they are aware of the problem and to put a bug report in on my 360 so
i put a bug report in today and fingers crossed eh.

Here is the answer I had:
Response By Email (GM Kitsoone) (06/08/2014 03:47 PM)
Hello,

Thanks for the report regarding the Vot Volge Lightning Rifle shooting straight through a target. Unfortunately, this is an issue in which we are unable to provide an immediate fix or workaround for you. Our development team is still in need of information from players, so that they may replicate this issue. The best way to do this is for you to submit a bug report, to explain the issue and how it happened in your own words.

To report a bug in-game:

1. Press 'F6' to get to the settings screen
2. Click on 'Submit Feedback'
3. Select a Category (Comment, Bug, Other) and enter text explaining the bug you currently have or feedback you have about Defiance.

Please know that it is important for the bug report to come from your character. Not only does it allow you to explain the issue in detail, in your own words, it will also automatically attach critical pieces of character information to your bug report for our QA team to review.

If you have any additional questions or concerns then please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance. Your reference number for this question is 140608-000428

Sincerely,

GM Kitsoone
Trion Worlds Inc

So it would seem the more people who post as much information about this so they can fix it the better ( remember post in game as well as here), considering I have a 360 and this was on the ticket - I had the PC version on how to post lol:confused:

cyguy
06-09-2014, 04:51 PM
This. So much this.

I'll take my T4 Assassin triple crit FRC Bolt-Action, thanks. Nothing Super Sci-Fi Fancy, but it's great at teaching bad guys running at me that no means no.

Lol, I know I had a FRC bolt sniper assassin syn, with a 4.4x crit that I held onto forever. That is until DLC 5 came along and made 98% of my equipment totally useless. Still, even if the Volge weapons are somewhat worthless, they can be fun to play with when I get bored. Now I hold onto nothing, because things become worthless too fast, and upgrading rating isn't really worth it either. *shrug*

Bonehead
06-09-2014, 04:58 PM
The deal is, they keep breaking it.

That's the deal.

Ashlocke
06-09-2014, 06:23 PM
What's the deal with the Volge lightning (sniper) rifle?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-eFOJHML0-wE/UjumxR32ghI/AAAAAAAABXg/xXDJ0Lzv0FY/s1600/animated-shrug-house.gif

Lillith Valerian
06-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Lol, I know I had a FRC bolt sniper assassin syn, with a 4.4x crit that I held onto forever. That is until DLC 5 came along and made 98% of my equipment totally useless. Still, even if the Volge weapons are somewhat worthless, they can be fun to play with when I get bored. Now I hold onto nothing, because things become worthless too fast, and upgrading rating isn't really worth it either. *shrug*

I'm around 5300, and due to a disdain for PvP, have stopped leveling. My FRC is one of the few weapons that I've maintained. My alts are so hopelessly behind in Arkforge to catch up to their own level on anything, that I've given up playing them for the most part. I can't stand the idea of just dumping everything and starting over, yet I also can't stand the idea of playing at 3/4 effectiveness. Trion hopes it'll push me in the store. It's just made me stop playing them completely.

If you start out caught up, and just maintain your favorites, it's somewhat possible.

Odessa
06-13-2014, 09:37 PM
Has anyone heard any feedback in regards to this issue? I am having the same problem as well as others.

cyguy
06-21-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm around 5300, and due to a disdain for PvP, have stopped leveling. My FRC is one of the few weapons that I've maintained. My alts are so hopelessly behind in Arkforge to catch up to their own level on anything, that I've given up playing them for the most part. I can't stand the idea of just dumping everything and starting over, yet I also can't stand the idea of playing at 3/4 effectiveness. Trion hopes it'll push me in the store. It's just made me stop playing them completely.

If you start out caught up, and just maintain your favorites, it's somewhat possible.

I understand. I barely pvp as well, but when the equipment was switched over I tried to dump a lot of arkforge to level up some of the orange weapons I was fond of. I had quite a few, and am only at 5100 ego. After upgrading a few items, I realized that only the damage was increasing and nothing else. After comparing them to items from the vendors, the only stat that was decent was the damage, the rest never upgrades. So after wasting a ton of arkforge, I just said screw it, and dumped half my inventory. Most were disappointingly useless. I began doing the same thing to a bio saw I had with a full rank 3 preparedness mod set on it. After using arkforge to increase it's ego level, I compared it to one I could get from a rep vendor. Mine was higher damage and ego rating, but the rest of the stats were red. Which means all of them increase as you level, but using arkforge only increases damage and nothing else. Again, useless. So I dumped mine, bought another and slapped the mods on it. I keep getting arkforge from lockboxes but I no longer see any point in using it at all. As for my alts, I never touched arkforge for them. You seem to level up so fast now that your items become useless an hour after you get something, unless you spend a ton to maintain them.

cyguy
06-21-2014, 07:06 PM
The only thing I noticed about the volge lightning rifle is that firing normally, it will go all over the place. If you strafe and fire, it never obtains any increase or decrease in height. It just flies at an angle. So strafing a full charge will almost always hit. Still, I still laugh when using it in a major arkfall. I think my assassin lightning rifle has a 3.8 crit on it, even in a rank 10 major, hit the damn progenitor for 240k - 263k a hit. 2-3 hits and it's dead. Easy achievement to get for that final shot kill thingy.

Did the same thing on a rank 10 incursion today, shooting at formidable hulkers. Full charge non crit netted about 94k damage. Full charge crit was 120k+ . Although that didn't seem to chew them up very fast. Still, strafe and fire I could hit easy. Otherwise aiming while standing still, or hip firing and the cold fire beam just goes wherever it wants to go. Though I'm thinking they fixed the others. The volge assault, and thunderer seems to fire straight. They've always been just fun toys for me to screw around with when I'm not actually trying to accomplish anything. :)

DarthBadger6
06-21-2014, 11:41 PM
Mine feels like using a shotgun!

Quebra Regra
06-23-2014, 08:55 AM

I'll loan you back the zagger so you can knock out some of the PVP XP. I still owe you an upgrade, let me know. :)

Zhedda
06-24-2014, 11:36 AM
Had a lot of issues with one last night. Was doing 101 keys arena expert. I'd shoot the head and miss, shoot it again and hit, shoot it a third time and possibly miss or crit. No consistency to the weapon at all right now.

cyguy
06-25-2014, 06:27 AM
You know, after I posted the other day the rifle was shooting straight all afternoon. I try it the next day and it flies off in various directions. I wonder if the thing is just super glitched. I can't understand why I can sit and snipe with it perfectly some days, and other days I can miss things 5 ft in front of me. I suppose unless the target is the size of a matron, you're going to miss 90% of the time. *shrug*

Paster of Muppets
06-25-2014, 06:34 AM
You know, after I posted the other day the rifle was shooting straight all afternoon. I try it the next day and it flies off in various directions. I wonder if the thing is just super glitched. I can't understand why I can sit and snipe with it perfectly some days, and other days I can miss things 5 ft in front of me. I suppose unless the target is the size of a matron, you're going to miss 90% of the time. *shrug*

The rifle seems to work for me consistently. The only problem is that you'll have to aim at the waist of humanoid enemies to get headshots. But at least it's consistent.

Tallon
06-25-2014, 06:39 AM
At least I'm not the only one. Couldn't hit the broad side of a hulker at point blank while scoped in last night.
Tried it on a monolith with same result, about 1 out of 3 shots would hit and register damage. It used to be pretty accurate when scoped. Looks like they might have ninja nerfed it in the usual way rendering it pretty much useless.

Dukhat
06-25-2014, 06:47 AM
I've got a version that you can charge so that the projectile goes much faster AND does more damage!
WITH the Radiation Nano!

Paster of Muppets
06-25-2014, 06:52 AM
I've got a version that you can charge so that the projectile goes much faster AND does more damage!
WITH the Radiation Nano!

I do believe that's the regular version. At least I've never seen one that can't be charged.

Zhedda
06-25-2014, 06:55 AM

Flying off in random directions happens when you release the aim button too quickly after you release the trigger button. Why, I don't know, but it does. If you make a conscious effort to keep the aim button depressed for half a second longer it will fire true. Now, as for whether or not it does damage when the projectile hits... that is still a crapshoot ATM.

Odessa
06-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Flying off in random directions happens when you release the aim button too quickly after you release the trigger button. Why, I don't know, but it does. If you make a conscious effort to keep the aim button depressed for half a second longer it will fire true. Now, as for whether or not it does damage when the projectile hits... that is still a crapshoot ATM.

I have a double crit fire nano just waiting to be made Legendary. I just don't want to bother until I know they're going to fix it. :/ It's painful to line up a perfect shot and see the nothingness of a miss.

DopedGoat
06-25-2014, 10:03 AM
These rifles just don't hit! Something seriously wrong with them. I couldn't hit a tacmag drive when barely 25m away....

soria
06-25-2014, 10:07 AM
have an oj one used it in the wm once hits 348k in spike with overcharge.on the down side only manage to land one hit so gave up.goes through all targets and projectile goes where it wants.shame it has 2.0 velocity roll.

PiccolaRivolta
06-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Where can I find one of those Volge Rifles though? Are they DLC exclusives?
I've been playing non-stop since a week and I haven't found one like that or similar :|

Zhedda
06-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Where can I find one of those Volge Rifles though? Are they DLC exclusives?
I've been playing non-stop since a week and I haven't found one like that or similar :|

They are found in major and minor volge ark falls. However, I am pretty sure you need the Arkbreaker DLC to use the weapons.

Odessa
06-26-2014, 08:24 AM
They are found in major and minor volge ark falls. However, I am pretty sure you need the Arkbreaker DLC to use the weapons.

I believe so, too. This morning I had a dead on shot that just disappeared. I ended up having to do torso shots to get headshots. *sigh* I know the F2P is coming to the consoles, but for those of us that have been playing already I'd love to have issues which have been continuous also worked on. *crosses fingers*

Zhedda
07-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Scapes, Kiwi, do either of you know if the dev team is aware of the issues with the Volge Lightning Rifle? Specifically how it sometimes does not register damage, even though you score a hit, or it won't do critical damage, even when you strike the critical spot (and another explosive weapon hitting the same spot does do critical damage).

moof
07-02-2014, 11:27 AM
yes id also like a gm to respond to this,the volge lightning rifle is quite stunning looks wise,but keeps on going through enemys without doing anything to them

Odessa
07-02-2014, 01:25 PM
It's on the known issues list, but I'd also LOVE an update on this. With the critical errors happening, I'm sure it's still on that backburner. I really want to upgrade my rarity on it... but it's a matter of Bits at this point and no way am I going to do that to a broken weapon.

dramaQkarri
07-02-2014, 01:37 PM
I'd love an update on this, that, or the other thing, or ANYTHING AT ALL! This silence from the team today is unbearable...other than GM Domitasia (thank you!) suggesting fixes to individuals having glitchtes, etc. I don't see any of the big stuff being discussed. I really hope we hear something before 7/3 cuz I just know they all want to enjoy the long weekend too!

Odessa
07-02-2014, 01:42 PM
I messaged Scapes a few days back in regards to a thread and haven't heard anything back. I believe it was when Kiwi was off. It seems it's best to wait for Kiwi or PT for these matters.

drackiller
07-03-2014, 12:05 AM
Yeah i stoped using my Volge Rifle right after they broke it again.
I really like this weapon, but it`s unplayable as it is.

Atticus Batman
07-03-2014, 12:12 AM
have an oj one used it in the wm once hits 348k in spike with overcharge.on the down side only manage to land one hit so gave up.goes through all targets and projectile goes where it wants.shame it has 2.0 velocity roll.

Volge weapons shouldn't be used in Wms anyway.

Odessa
07-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Volge weapons shouldn't be used in Wms anyway.

Not even after the armor breaks? I have one that's a potential double crit or double damage (waiting on fix to upgrade) with a Fire nano. I would have thought that after the armor breaks it's going to be effective in damage done.

Zhedda
07-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Not even after the armor breaks? I have one that's a potential double crit or double damage (waiting on fix to upgrade) with a Fire nano. I would have thought that after the armor breaks it's going to be effective in damage done.

I am a huge, huge fan of volge weapons, but I would not use one on the Warmaster. Lot of reasons why:

1) If you miss a shot on a charged weapon, you miss out on a lot of DPS.
2) Volge weapons have travel time. By the time the projectile gets to the big monkey, it could have turned.
3) Volge weapon particle effects can make it difficult for other players to visually distinguish the monkey's bombs.
4) Other weapons do more raw DPS.

Odessa
07-03-2014, 11:44 AM
I am a huge, huge fan of volge weapons, but I would not use one on the Warmaster. Lot of reasons why:

1) If you miss a shot on a charged weapon, you miss out on a lot of DPS.
2) Volge weapons have travel time. By the time the projectile gets to the big monkey, it could have turned.
3) Volge weapon particle effects can make it difficult for other players to visually distinguish the monkey's bombs.
4) Other weapons do more raw DPS.

Thank you for responding, Zheda.
1. I agree that in it's current state it's useless in any situation as far as I'm concerned. If it were fixed it wouldn't be an issue since I know I don't land every shot regardless of weapon. :D
2. It's definitely a timed action and not the go to weapon. I'd say stationary switch to though.
3. I highly agree with this and usually skip Volge weapons for this reason. I like to see what I'm shooting at. But... they did mention toning down (or giving the option to turn off) certain effects so I am banking on this being a nonish issue in the future.
4. While he's hanging my bf has gotten 1.5 million in damage off of one shot. That's the main reason why I am looking to test out mine. I just don't want to waste people's times in the WM with a weapon that doesn't help. Imagine if they did fix it, though. :D

THRACIAN is RAF
07-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Hmmm. I'm curious as to why most of you are hitting such low critical damage shots with the lightning rifles. Its very rare if I do less than 600k crit dmg on a shot. My highest was well over 4 million in one shot against the WM. O___o

drackiller
07-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Hmmm. I'm curious as to why most of you are hitting such low critical damage shots with the lightning rifles. Its very rare if I do less than 600k crit dmg on a shot. My highest was well over 4 million in one shot against the WM. O___o

DAM , now i`m jealous. My best so far is near 500K not using any power and damage spike.
I have all the perks to enhance the sniping feature, like shadow core, hunter stance, etc, but i always forget to cloack and kneel LOL.
I need to try the weapon in perfect combat conditions.

Kanah
07-05-2014, 02:00 AM
This damn thing can't even hit a Monolith tachmag drive.

moof
07-05-2014, 02:28 AM
its possible to hit the tachmag drive with it,ive done it,its just a matter of aiming at the metal parts just beyond the tachmag drive,and being lucky enough that the shot hit just half and half,half on tachmag,half on metal,then the explosion catches the tachmag

also,the incindiery version is good for incursions with the zombies,aim for the feet,thats why i call my volge lightning incindiery "the toe chomper"

Atticus Batman
07-05-2014, 02:38 AM

Possibly, most people switch to slow firing high crit weapons after the armor breaks anyway, so your slow firing gun isn't any worse than theirs.

Thank you for responding, Zheda.
{snip}
4. While he's hanging my bf has gotten 1.5 million in damage off of one shot. That's the main reason why I am looking to test out mine. I just don't want to waste people's times in the WM with a weapon that doesn't help. Imagine if they did fix it, though. :D

{edited for clarity} If it is ever fixed, then go ahead and try for this reason, afterall it isn't any slower than most of the guns people use after armor breaks.

drackiller
07-05-2014, 03:07 AM
If it is fixed, go ahead and try for this reason, afterall it isn't any slower than most of the guns people use after armor breaks.

It`s not fixed, at least last time i played wasn`t fixed. I didn`t play yesterday, so i might be wrong.

Atticus Batman
07-05-2014, 03:19 AM
It`s not fixed, at least last time i played wasn`t fixed. I didn`t play yesterday, so i might be wrong.

No it's not fixed yet, but it may be at some point, and if it does get fixxed then she can go ahead and try. I guess something was lost in tranlsation, and I will edit the post to clarify better. Thank you.

THRACIAN is RAF
07-05-2014, 04:27 AM
DAM , now i`m jealous. My best so far is near 500K not using any power and damage spike.
I have all the perks to enhance the sniping feature, like shadow core, hunter stance, etc, but i always forget to cloack and kneel LOL.
I need to try the weapon in perfect combat conditions.

Assassin. dbl crit. Oj dmg. With t5 crit barrel, and the rest are t4 assassin mods. Its at 5.0x crit mult. Fully charged, near a dmg spike will other team members were procking the right arm with radiation Ultimags lol.

reciprocate
07-05-2014, 05:50 AM
Glad I saved a Blue double crit no nano Volge Lightning Rifle. Was considering on dumping it, but usually if it's a double crit on basically any snipers, AR's, SMG's, LMG's. I keep them and see if they may have a use in the future. Would be great if it was assassin too, but still not that bad. Just gotta up the rating and eventually upgrade it to OJ one day when I want to give it a try.

Really disappointed that the thing can't seem to hit the broadside of a barn currently though.

drackiller
07-05-2014, 06:56 AM
Assassin. dbl crit. Oj dmg. With t5 crit barrel, and the rest are t4 assassin mods. Its at 5.0x crit mult. Fully charged, near a dmg spike will other team members were procking the right arm with radiation Ultimags lol.

DAM man, now i`m really , really jealous :)
I have one with double crit, need to take care of that baby now :)