PDA

View Full Version : 7 day deadline + unstable servers = unavoidable disaster

Bif
06-05-2014, 12:40 PM
So, you've decided to close the claim items storage loophole. That's awkward, all by itself. And your servers are having some difficulty staying up. That's rough. It causes difficulties.

I bought this game, and I bought 70 inventory slots. Things change, it's going f2p. I went from 70 to 41 inventory slots, that really bites. I don't like that and I don't understand it. Not sure I can live with it.

I have hundreds of items in claimable items. Maybe thousands. Clearly, I need to do some serious housekeeping.

I work for a living and play maybe an hour a day, when the servers are up. Do you see the issue we are about to have? There's no way I can store a fraction of the items I want to keep because you nerfed my inventory. AND THERE'S NO WAY I CAN EVEN TRY, because the servers are down and I'm on a 7-day deadline.

Look, be a human being. Give me time on a functioning game to clear out the claimable items. Give me my inventory space back, I paid for it. Let's be friends.

Okuu
06-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Your inventory slots should be on the claimable items area thats where they went

Bif
06-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Your inventory slots should be on the claimable items area thats where they went

Thank you very much, I found them just as you said.

Scapes
06-05-2014, 01:03 PM
And your servers are having some difficulty staying up.

Server stability will be restored following the downtime that just started this hour.

Bif
06-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Server stability will be restored following the downtime that just started this hour.
You've got a tough job, Scapes. You must be going nuts. I know you guys are trying.

It's just 'seven days til your stuff turns to shrapnel' seems a bit harsh. Also, a tiny bit more testing would not have hurt anything.

That said, I do appreciate you trying to stay on top of this. Keep slugging, brother.

bigguy
06-05-2014, 01:23 PM
They told us this was going to happen about a month ago. Im not trying to be mean but you should have started to remedy this a while ago.

Bif
06-05-2014, 01:27 PM
They told us this was going to happen about a month ago. Im not trying to be mean but you should have started to remedy this a while ago.

Nobody told me. I think I'd remember that.

Blu
06-05-2014, 01:29 PM

a yr + later and I still see these kind of replys,,

nice kangol btw, I rock a bell kangol..

rebtattoo
06-05-2014, 01:30 PM
They told us this was going to happen about a month ago. Im not trying to be mean but you should have started to remedy this a while ago.The notice about it has been stickied for some time. Conversation on zone and area chats have been talking about it for some time. Not quite sure what to tell ya here.

Bif
06-05-2014, 01:40 PM
The notice about it has been stickied for some time. Conversation on zone and area chats have been talking about it for some time. Not quite sure what to tell ya here.

I want my goldurn gold-plated invitation.

No, seriously, this is the first time I have messed with the forums since beta. And zone chat is too annoying to read, so I don't.

I do read email. Just not email sent to this forum account. Still, they should have my email, considering I log in with it.

Also, TO BE CLEAR: I am not complaining that I was NOT INFORMED. I'm complaining that "seven days to shrapnel" is UNREASONABLE.

okeydokey
06-05-2014, 01:48 PM

aye right,that's the fifth disco today. You were told what would happen. You were warned what would happen if you went f2p.Did you listen??? NO! you did not,well,you reap what you sow,and I think this game is going down. It's a pity because this game was awesome.

R.I.P defiance. It was a blast while it lasted

Iceberg
06-05-2014, 01:59 PM
until the next thing brings the game servers down.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130225131000/glee/images/3/36/IG8nr.gif

Okuu
06-05-2014, 02:03 PM
aye right,that's the fifth disco today. You were told what would happen. You were warned what would happen if you went f2p.Did you listen??? NO! you did not,well,you reap what you sow,and I think this game is going down. It's a pity because this game was awesome.

The switch did not go as smooth as they planned so what? Two days of downtime isnt that bad considering that the game will be more alive after everything gets sorted out which is a good thing.

Iceberg
06-05-2014, 02:06 PM
The switch did not go as smooth as they planned so what? Two days of downtime isnt that bad considering that the game will be more alive after everything gets sorted out which is a good thing.

Actually, this happens with almost every single patch, there is always something that breaks.

Bif
06-05-2014, 02:06 PM

Check Rift out. Okay it's a normal MMO with tab targeting and elves and horrible cliche stuff...but it's really well done. It doesn't crash, the f2p model is not too obnoxious, the game itself is arguably more fun than WoW.

I'm saying let's see what they do with it. Don't stop complaining, they have to know what they screwed up. Just don't give up.

Rift is a good game, and it's Trion. Same as Defiance. They can do this, they have the skills. Wait and see. Actually, complain and wait and see.

Iceberg
06-05-2014, 02:19 PM
Check Rift out. Okay it's a normal MMO with tab targeting and elves and horrible cliche stuff...but it's really well done. It doesn't crash, the f2p model is not too obnoxious, the game itself is arguably more fun than WoW.

I'm saying let's see what they do with it. Don't stop complaining, they have to know what they screwed up. Just don't give up.

Rift is a good game, and it's Trion. Same as Defiance. They can do this, they have the skills. Wait and see. Actually, complain and wait and see.

Some of us already took that approach, didn't work out so well. The team at Rift made a great game, but there was another team that was working on defiance, and most of those guys got canned and now, for all we know, there is only a skeleton crew working on defiance.

rebtattoo
06-05-2014, 02:28 PM
And Rift isn't multi-platform.

R.I.P defiance. It was a blast while it lastedIs that all? 5? Cool! I play on PS3 so it would seem that things are as close to "back to normal" as I can hope to expect. Thanks for the great update, okey!

Bif
06-05-2014, 04:04 PM
Some of us already took that approach, didn't work out so well. The team at Rift made a great game, but there was another team that was working on defiance, and most of those guys got canned and now, for all we know, there is only a skeleton crew working on defiance.

I think we can take it for granted that Defiance has a skeleton crew, with either zero or maybe an intern or two left over from the original crew. My old clan, BAMF, had a rumor mill that supposedly had inside info. So like this guy from Dust 914 came over with a few guys and finished the game, and then they all left en masse. So it was said. I do not, personally, have any reliable info.

But I think it's clear that at least the key original programmers are gone. The clue is that you have content that can be made with the macro language tools left over from the original game, but you don't have any new mechanics or new code since mid 2013. The guys making wireframes and textures might be original. But I'd bet a week's pay that the guys writing the code for the free to play mechanics are all on loan from the other Trion Worlds...in other words, Rift.

So the theory is, we have some script kiddies, some artists, and some guys on loan from Rift. It's going to be messy.

Bonehead
06-05-2014, 04:09 PM
It's going to be messy.

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy1_zpsf683f2da.gif

Atticus Batman
06-05-2014, 04:11 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/giphy1_zpsf683f2da.gif

Now that's disgusting! Whale gibblets everywhere! Now who will buy stuff, if you killed the whale?!

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/photo/images/attachement/jpg/site1/20131206/b8ac6f27ada2140b546415.jpg

Bif
06-05-2014, 04:13 PM
until the next thing brings the game servers down.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130225131000/glee/images/3/36/IG8nr.gif

ROFL I just realized this chick is actually saying, "Disaster!"

TYVM Iceberg!!