PDA

View Full Version : To sell or to breakdown?

Elandriel
04-03-2013, 06:25 AM
What is better to do with white gear? Sell it or break it down into resources?

Over00
04-03-2013, 06:37 AM
I have made a habit of selling the white gear to vendors and breaking down greens upwards. To much effort to manually breakdown 40 items.

Buruko
04-03-2013, 06:51 AM
I'd say it kinda depends on what you need. At this point I've been getting lots of ark scrap so I'm okay with the amount of that I have but I've been spending scrip here and there and have less of that so I sell more. Generally I sell all white and break down everything else, but again that depends on what I need.

Elandriel
04-03-2013, 08:08 AM
The main question regarding this is: what is better to accumulate for later parts of the game? Money or resources?

Exes
04-03-2013, 08:09 AM
The main question regarding this is: what is better to accumulate for later parts of the game? Money or resources?

Well you use the ark fall salvage for adding mods and buying lock boxes etc. It seems like there is more you can buy with that. Though I just started getting contracts and suddenly the store seems to have nice gear that uses the reputation currency plus scrip. So maybe keep it balanced.

Philote
04-03-2013, 08:14 AM
I always break items down unless I'm desperate for scrip. You get scrip way more easily than you do salvage, and on top of that, you need it to buy key shards (or whatever they're called, not playing at the moment) for lockboxes, if you want to take a shortcut to getting a tier 4 faster. Not to mention adding slots to weapons costs about 6000 salvage when adding a third one. At least it did for one weapon I tried it on.

Klendest
04-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Resources get scarce when you start adding the 3rd mod slots to weapons. I breakdown about 70% of my loot, and never have an issue with scrips that can't be fixed by going out and doing some activities.

I stopped buying keys with resources at the moment to and just grind keys from PvP matches.

Archellion
04-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Resources get scarce when you start adding the 3rd mod slots to weapons.

Exactly. It's like 18k gulanite (3k for first slot, 6k for second and 9k for the third) to fully mod a weapon with no existing slots (I haven't tested it, but it might be close to that even if your weapon comes with some slots already.)

russell733
04-03-2013, 08:32 AM
There is only so much you can buy, and nothing I know of that costs more then 20 K. Also the more scrip you have, the more it costs if you extract. Each extraction costs 5% of current scrip so once you have enough, you may as well break stuff down for resources