PDA

View Full Version : Cashout not working on PS3 NA

bigguy
06-06-2014, 05:20 PM
10 min ago i got disconnected from kenns farm incursion with 2 seconds left , reloaded the game and found out i got nothing . I had approx. 142k score and still had one key upon returning to the game.
Is there something i don't understand about how this is supposed to work?

Atticus Batman
06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
10 min ago i got disconnected from kenns farm incursion with 2 seconds left , reloaded the game and found out i got nothing . I had approx. 142k score and still had one key upon returning to the game.

You would get all the arkforge and keycodes that score should earn you. Since you crashed before the scoreboard appeared, you get no guns.

bigguy
06-06-2014, 05:32 PM
I got absolutely nothing , thats why i mentioned when i returned i still had 1 key.
My PSN is EDCP77 my ign is edone , i hope they can check the logs and see what happened .

PhantasieTrion
06-06-2014, 05:38 PM

Hi Big Guy

(this hasnt been posted before so im glad you asked, as its worth pointing out to people)

We "cashout" when the player is disconnected (either from their ISP problems or (much more likely) by losing connection with the game server for varying reasons, ie the known WM entry disconnect).
In these cases, cashout works - as the game server caches the rewards and gives them to you on login.

However, if the game server itself crashes (which would result in everyone on the server being disconnected), then cash out would not work (since the server is gone).
(We have some ideas on how to give cash out rewards in this case, but they are not ready to go live yet.)

I confirmed that a US-PS3 GameServer crashed at 5:06 PM PT today.

This is why you didn't get cashed out.

Since someone will ask immediately: We strive to have zero game server crashes, and this was the first PS3 US or EU crash in the past 24 hours.

Atticus Batman
06-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Hi Big Guy

(this hasnt been posted before so im glad you asked, as its worth pointing out to people)

We "cashout" when the player is disconnected (either from their ISP problems or (much more likely) by losing connection with the game server for varying reasons, ie the known WM entry disconnect).
In these cases, cashout works - as the game server caches the rewards and gives them to you on login.

However, if the game server itself crashes (which would result in everyone on the server being disconnected), then cash out would not work (since the server is gone).
(We have some ideas on how to give cash out rewards in this case, but they are not ready to go live yet.)

I confirmed that a US-PS3 GameServer crashed at 5:06 PM PST today.

This is why you didn't get cashed out.

Since someone will ask immediately: We strive to have zero game server crashes, and this was the first PS3 US or EU crash in the past 24 hours.

Thank you for the quick response Phantasy. I am sure Bigguy still isn't that happy, but atleast we have more clarity on the cashout system.

bigguy
06-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Had to stepaway for a few minutes , i appreciate the response and understand what happened.
I also appreciate that you are working on a fix , i have been around since launch and these things dont bother me so much as they used to. Im not mad at anyone just wanted to try and help by bringing this to someones attention.
The communication has been great a world of difference from a year ago, thank you very much