PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Rarity Being Temporarily Removed This Weekend

Scapes
06-06-2014, 05:44 PM
Ark hunters,

Much to our dismay, some of the bonuses granted by the Salvage Matrix's upgrade rarity function aren't persisting between login sessions. This is causing epic-to-legendary shields to lose their third armor plates and both shields and weapons to lose their improved stats upon switching characters, leaving a server, or exiting the client.

If an item of yours has been affected by this bug, our Support Team (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/home/theme/defiance/p/2760/) is on-hand and happy to hear from you. Please note that restoring the specific stats of a piece of equipment is a slow process but we'll definitely get to each ticket.

The servers will be brought down (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?162235-6-6-14-NA-EU-Server-Update-(PC-PS3-360)-Exact-ETA-TBA) for a small patch that removes upgrade rarity from the Salvage Matrix. The team is already working to address the bonuses not persisting and we aim to bring it back as quickly as possible.

Holy Bahamut3
06-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Dang it. This is the second time I'm going to miss out on this option.

nathanpbutler
06-06-2014, 06:18 PM
: sigh :

And after losing 200 Arkforge LAST time for a shield that didn't upgrade at all, I took the team at their word that it was fixed because, hey, why would they return it if it wasn't fixed? Sure enough, I upgraded that same shield for another 200 Arkforge in the gap between "it's fixed" and "it's still broken, oops!" The shield upgraded, then had the upgraded stats (but not the name color) vanish upon logging out and back in.

So now I get to have TWO tickets submitted in-game, with the first not being addressed at all still yet.

yue
06-06-2014, 06:28 PM
I have upgraded a weapon and put a ticket in asking to have it restored to purple and the 500 forge returned . Any idea when this would be completed ?( ballpark like this weekend next week )

Deunan
06-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Much to our dismay, some of the bonuses granted by the Salvage Matrix's upgrade rarity function aren't persisting between login sessions. This is causing epic-to-legendary shields to lose their third armor plates and both shields and weapons to lose their improved stats upon switching characters, leaving a server, or exiting the client.That's not what happened to me. I never got the additional armor plate for my "Legendary" shield from the Salvage Matrix. It wasn't a matter of it being lost on relog. It simply was never added. Ditto for the orange bonus roll on my "Legendary" Votan Pulser.

Z0mb1E
06-06-2014, 06:49 PM
So what awesome boosts/bonuses do you have in store for us this weekend? Ya know, since you've taken everything else to be excited about off the table........

opium2k
06-06-2014, 06:52 PM
I blew through over 2000 arkforge across 3 characters on various greens, blues and purples after seeing that this was "fixed" in the patch notes... trying to figure out what I upgraded and with which character is going to be fun.

Holy Bahamut3
06-06-2014, 06:59 PM
Okay back in the patience box.

Scapes
06-06-2014, 07:15 PM
We've determined the issue affecting shields and are narrowing down what is affecting weapons. Preparing for a hotfix to hit early next week.

Chump Norris
06-06-2014, 08:29 PM
Please send me a text message next time we can upgrade.

Then I can quit my job and rush home to upgrade before it is removed again.

EDIT: Also thanks for keeping us updated sir.

SOFA KINGxCRAZY
06-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Please send me a text message next time we can upgrade.

Then I can quit my job and rush home to upgrade before it is removed again.

EDIT: Also thanks for keeping us updated sir.

Quit? You might not have time for that better just for you to walk off. If you have to stop to talk to someone your going to miss out on them messing up another patch that they didn't test on their supposedly " Test Server "... I love on one of their live streams they were walking around in pve and caught on fire from a invisible NPC and he says " Oh that's nice don't worrie this is a test server and you wont see this happened in the real server " lmao but it does happened thats how bad it is

DopedGoat
06-07-2014, 01:12 AM
Maybe you guys should try working a friggin weekend for a change and fix this mess.

SOFA KINGxCRAZY
06-07-2014, 02:14 AM
Maybe you guys should try working a friggin weekend for a change and fix this mess.

Lmao, Trion work a Weekend..

Trion's: Hours of Operation: Mon-FRI: 11:00am- 11:30am

Sat-Sun: Closed from having a long work week, We had to work 2hours and 30 mins

Strohm
06-07-2014, 03:33 AM

I was just about to post something similar.

How the hell can you run a company like that Trion?

Try to show some workmanship, you might even start being taken a bit more serious on the Dev scene aswell if you did.

Terabyt
06-07-2014, 05:22 AM
Protip: Unless you plan on testing a newly implemented feature to give feedback, don't cry when it doesn't work as intended, as it will be buggy.

Is this everyones first MMO or what?

Holy Bahamut3
06-07-2014, 05:26 AM
Lmao, Trion work a Weekend..

Trion's: Hours of Operation: Mon-FRI: 11:00am- 11:30am

Sat-Sun: Closed from having a long work week, We had to work 2hours and 30 mins

You're new aren't you.

joe1011phosphate
06-08-2014, 09:41 AM
They haven't made enough money off the game obviously. Causing them to make budgetary cutbacks by letting go employees and the new plan: Use player base as lab rats because they cant afford to pay testers.lol This a snowball effect people. This game is snowballing down a hill to being shutdown. Anyone realize the first day the rarity upgrade was available? The game was running super smooth except for the synergy changes and no armor plate being added. I think we could have lived with it that way instead of being reverted back to 1.01's ugly cousin build.lol

Sensitive Bill
06-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Hey Trion folks, not here to beat up on anyone just wanted some info. Do you know when the upgrade rarity function will be back and is there any play for a loot boost weekend maybe to boost morale and make up for some lost time or frustration? Maybe give everyone current in the game another 1000 arkforge?

DRHONEY
06-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Hey Trion folks, not here to beat up on anyone just wanted some info. Do you know when the upgrade rarity function will be back and is there any play for a loot boost weekend maybe to boost morale and make up for some lost time or frustration? Maybe give everyone current in the game another 1000 arkforge?

loot boost is gone. =(

dramaQkarri
06-09-2014, 01:34 PM
loot boost is gone. =(

Yeah. It's supposed to be.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?161496-Loot-Boosts-being-removed-from-game-PAY-ATTENTION-PEOPLE!

Deunan
06-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Maybe you guys should try working a friggin weekend for a change and fix this mess.Some of them were. My support ticket response from Senior GM Sawbones was sent to me Saturday.

QipQip
06-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Well, it's Tuesday now.Is the weekend over yet?

Atticus Batman
06-09-2014, 09:30 PM
Well, it's Tuesday now.Is the weekend over yet?

It's Monday for Trion. They are in the Us.