PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Shields: What was SUPPOSED to happen?

nathanpbutler
06-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Seeing as how the upgrading of rarity seems broken for the second time in three days, I don't know that I've ever seen how this is meant to work.

How is an upgrade of rarity supposed to affect a SHIELD?

On the shield profile screen, I know the rarity indicator color should change. (Mine did, but no stats held, so that's a different issue with the bugged WRONG way it's working.)

Beneath that, if there's a special feature like +50% HP Regeneration, that's based, if I recall correctly, on the name of the shield ("Regenerator III DX") in that case.

Then we get to capacity, recharge/second, recharge delay, and armor plates:

I know that armor plates for white and green should be 1, for blue and purple 2, and for legendary 3. So that's one obvious change.

What about the other stats? I'm assuming that the recharge/second isn't supposed to change because that's based on the type (Rebel/Hurricane/Tachyon/etc.). Should the other two BOTH change?

My example is that I was trying to upgrade a Rebel Regenerator III DX from blue to purple. When I did, I believe the only stat that was supposed to change was the recharge delay going from 2.55 to 2.4. It did not stick, though, and I want to be sure I'm understanding clearly whether capacity should have changed too before I start taking my unanswered support tickets to the live support staff if they remain unanswered. Does capacity change on upgrading rarity too, or is that entirely a function of the EGO Level of the shield?

nathanpbutler
06-06-2014, 07:53 PM
So . . . no one knows if the capacity of a shield is supposed to go up with a rarity increase alongside recharge delay and armor icons?

ConcreteSnake
06-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Upgrading will affect 2 things on shields from what I understand

armor plates and....

respark/rebel - delay
hurricane/tachyon - recharge rate
rhino/ironclad - capacity

the second effects are based on if there is a resistance, if it does not have resistance it will get a bigger boost to those stats.

maverick07
06-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Here are what stats are affected by rarity for each shield type

Hurricane/Tachyon - Recharge Rate
Rebel/Respark - Recharge Delay
Rhino/Ironclad - Capacity

One of the patch notes said that capacity is improved by rarity when you upgrade shield but that was inaccurate. Only for Ironclads and Rhinos should you see a change in capacity by rarity.

Edit
Ninja'd :)

nathanpbutler
06-07-2014, 12:44 AM
Thanks to you both. Given that I'm upgrading (or tried to upgrade) a Rebel, I guess I'll bump it a couple levels when it actually works to get that extra armor plate. I've only ever gotten one orange shield in the time since the game was in beta.

(Then again, I've NEVER gotten an orange grenade in all the time since beta, so...)

drackiller
06-07-2014, 12:48 AM
(Then again, I've NEVER gotten an orange grenade in all the time since beta, so...)

You can`t upgrade grenades...yet ;)