PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for getting that desirable mastery?

Olaf
06-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Got a toxic springer and a nice assassin wolf today.. Now that being said, I have had awful nightmare the last few days just getting a DMG roll on my Votan Pulser... Any tips for getting DMG mastery on SMG's and a crit mastery on pistols?

3rdpig
06-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Keep trying. That's all you or anyone else can do. Eventually you'll either get the bonus you want or run out of arkforge.

Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just telling it like it is.

K Ron Spliffs
06-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Lots of arkforge.

konstantinov
06-06-2014, 09:25 PM
If it's a pre 9.75 mil weapon XP pistol, go to Kith and Kinship and just headshot all the mobs. I rolled a crit on my wolf in no time.

Edit: I never shot the whole clip either, I'd always reload with 2 shots left.

TANKballs
06-06-2014, 11:21 PM
If it's a pre 9.75 mil weapon XP pistol, go to Kith and Kinship and just headshot all the mobs. I rolled a crit on my wolf in no time.

Edit: I never shot the whole clip either, I'd always reload with 2 shots left.

This works, but not always on the first try for me. I have found that I get the best xp rolls from crit-shotting mutants, raiders, or afflicted. The other enemies are kind of a grab bag. It's supposed to be 'random,' but I'd be careful about your position and ammo supply when you're getting close to rolling. When I'm on a roof or truck, I frequently get 'dmg from above.' When it rolls and I am low on ammo, I frequently get 'dmg from last shot.' My semi-supersticious advice is to shoot the weapon the way you want it rolled...and I agree with konst that it's best to do it against mutants.

Keeper Riff
06-06-2014, 11:41 PM
General tip on any random stuff: try doing it right after next hotfix is installed. If there are any weighing coefficients involved, the statistics may reset on the patch installation, so most useful results would get the same probability as all others.

tactics
06-06-2014, 11:55 PM
This works, but not always on the first try for me. I have found that I get the best xp rolls from crit-shotting mutants, raiders, or afflicted. The other enemies are kind of a grab bag. It's supposed to be 'random,' but I'd be careful about your position and ammo supply when you're getting close to rolling. When I'm on a roof or truck, I frequently get 'dmg from above.' When it rolls and I am low on ammo, I frequently get 'dmg from last shot.' My semi-supersticious advice is to shoot the weapon the way you want it rolled...and I agree with konst that it's best to do it against mutants.

I try 2 avoid rolling pistols on afflicted cuz they come @ u and u might get crit 2 incoming targets. IMO!

drackiller
06-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Got a toxic springer and a nice assassin wolf today.. Now that being said, I have had awful nightmare the last few days just getting a DMG roll on my Votan Pulser... Any tips for getting DMG mastery on SMG's and a crit mastery on pistols?

How`s that pure breed that i sold you Olaf ? :)

konstantinov
06-06-2014, 11:58 PM
I try 2 avoid rolling pistols on afflicted cuz they come @ u and u might get crit 2 incoming targets. IMO!

You logging on?

@Tank- I just ran around and shot things in the face. No jumping or rolling just shots to the face.

TANKballs
06-06-2014, 11:59 PM

That's a good point. I definitely got that from afflicted on pistols many times. Now I know why lol

konstantinov
06-07-2014, 12:05 AM
That's a good point. I definitely got that from afflicted on pistols many times. Now I know why lol

I'll roll like 8 mil at a monolith and then finish it off at Kith and Kinship.

TANKballs
06-07-2014, 02:34 AM
I'll roll like 8 mil at a monolith and then finish it off at Kith and Kinship.

Wait...so the monolith is awarding xp dmg now? If that's what you're doing, I'll be sure to check it out. That's awesome

Olaf
06-07-2014, 02:40 AM
How`s that pure breed that i sold you Olaf ? :)

Its very nice drack, draining me from what little arkforge I have left =) Got 1.10 crit on it (the toxic springer) but thats not good enough, has to be 1.05 dmg =\

As for the wolfie lol, everything but crit so far =)

Thanks guys for the tips will be sure to give them ago, got nothing left to loose =)

DSW
06-07-2014, 02:58 AM
Wait...so the monolith is awarding xp dmg now? If that's what you're doing, I'll be sure to check it out. That's awesome
i think it was awarding since beginning. you have to target tachmag drive though, armor points still doesn't count

drackiller
06-07-2014, 05:10 AM
i think it was awarding since beginning. you have to target tachmag drive though, armor points still doesn't count

Yup, only the Tachmag, but the xp you get just shooting at that is insane.

Keeper Riff
06-07-2014, 05:32 AM
The roll happens when you reset it, not when you master it. By mastering, you just make it visible and enabled.

ironcladtrash
06-07-2014, 10:42 AM

Even the Minor DMs are great for leveling weapons as long as there is a green boost. The green stuff is amazing to level up weapons quickly.

Market
06-07-2014, 05:09 PM
The roll happens when you reset it, not when you master it. By mastering, you just make it visible and enabled.

To expand on this, there's nothing we do that factors into what roll the weapon gets. Only headshots, no jumping, spinning around three times and sticking your finger in your ear, etc will do absolutely nothing to tailor the roll to something preferred. As Riff said, the roll is made when the weapon is created in the game or the reset function is used. (Re)Mastering the weapon only makes this roll visible. Any "methods" to get a specific roll are nothing more than superstition.

Trick responded to this idea during a livestream last year and the question actually made him chuckle a little bit. It would be awesome if we could effect a mastery roll, but since the roll is already there, this is not possible by any input on our parts.

Olaf
06-07-2014, 07:19 PM
To expand on this, there's nothing we do that factors into what roll the weapon gets. Only headshots, no jumping, spinning around three times and sticking your finger in your ear, etc will do absolutely nothing to tailor the roll to something preferred. As Riff said, the roll is made when the weapon is created in the game or the reset function is used. (Re)Mastering the weapon only makes this roll visible. Any "methods" to get a specific roll are nothing more than superstition.

Trick responded to this idea during a livestream last year and the question actually made him chuckle a little bit. It would be awesome if we could effect a mastery roll, but since the roll is already there, this is not possible by any input on our parts.

While I agree it seems totally random, Trick as your source is worse than using Mr Potato Man as your source.