PDA

View Full Version : 30-Day Paradise Patron Pass

RivetHead
06-06-2014, 09:57 PM
where do i look to see if i have this? i bought the game a while ago on steam and with that whole "get the game before it goes free to play get all this stuff", well i got everything else, but i donno if i have this "30-Day Paradise Patron Pass", usually on games something will show up saying "PREMIUM" so you know if you have it or not, but i cant see it anywhere on here

Bonehead
06-06-2014, 10:21 PM
Go to the character screen, then select "boosts". You will see if the patron pass is active.

RivetHead
06-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Go to the character screen, then select "boosts". You will see if the patron pass is active.

is it suppose to show at the top of where all the boosts are saying the...20 or 30% im suppose to get, because it all still says 0

Bonehead
06-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Yea at the bottom of each boost column you should see the word "active" if the 30 day pass is working.

Lrrzg
06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Thanks for that Bonehead. Yes, checked there and it seems I've moved pretty seamlessly over from what I bought to P2W with just a few clicks to get all my inventory slots back etc etc.

I looked in this thread hoping from the title that I could find a definitive list what I'm going to lose from what I've paid for. I'm unclear what's going to turn itself off again in 28 days though. I've read that I'll lose the ability to buy Tier4 boxes, for example. That will really annoy me if true.

Roez
06-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks for that Bonehead. Yes, checked there and it seems I've moved pretty seamlessly over from what I bought to P2W with just a few clicks to get all my inventory slots back etc etc.

I looked in this thread hoping from the title that I could find a definitive list what I'm going to lose from what I've paid for. I'm unclear what's going to turn itself off again in 28 days though. I've read that I'll lose the ability to buy Tier4 boxes, for example. That will really annoy me if true.

You're not going to lose anything if you bought defiance (including bits you spent). They didn't gimp any drop rates, or experience gain. In fact, with the recent scaling implementation, gaining experience and weapon skills is much easier. You should have everything you had before in terms of loadout slots, inventory, character slots, number of keycodes you can hold, etc. The website has a FAQ.

There's also a lot of threads here with answers (but you'll have to read through the ones regarding F2P): http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?86-News-amp-Announcements

hardy83
06-07-2014, 09:37 AM

http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/profile/free-to-play/

Shows you everything a patron gets, thus you lose said things when you are no longer a patron.

LatencyRemix
06-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Has anyone seen these daily 2 hour boost's? Are they claim item or auto apply when you log in each day?

Chrollo
06-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Did the patron pass start as soon as the patch was done? Is it real time or play time based?

hardy83
06-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I think patron pass starts when you first log in after the switch. The countdown from 30 days that is.

I also haven't see those 2 hour boost thing you're suppose to get.
Nor do I see the rewards from the DLC lockboxes, so I don't know if I actually get what's in them or not.

CM Kiwibird
06-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Did the patron pass start as soon as the patch was done? Is it real time or play time based?

It starts as soon as you log in after the Free-to-Play patch. For console players, that will be as soon as they log in after July 15th, as the Free-to-Play launch for consoles is separate from the launch of PC Free-to-Play.

Lrrzg
06-07-2014, 10:23 AM
http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/profile/free-to-play/
Shows you everything a patron gets, thus you lose said things when you are no longer a patron.

You should have everything you had before in terms of loadout slots, inventory, character slots, number of keycodes you can hold, etc.

Thanks Hardy83 and Roez for replying; I appreciate it.
Unfortunately I've now got two conflicting answers about the simple Tier4 lockbox example I picked :(

Chrollo
06-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Thanks Kiwi and Hardy

hardy83
06-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks Hardy83 and Roez for replying; I appreciate it.
Unfortunately I've now got two conflicting answers about the simple Tier4 lockbox example I picked :(

You will not lose the ability to buy any level of lockbox either on the store or with in-game currency if you already owned the game.
I think the part that is confusing you is that F2P players, who are new, have a limit of....55 or something keys and have to buy to upgrade that to 75, which is the price of tier 4 lockboxes. Which means they won't be able to buy tier 4 lockboxes until they upgrade their account.

You stated you already owned the game, so your key limit should still be at 75 (you may need to claim something from the shop to get it back up to 75, I did), so you should have no issues buying them regardless if you're a patron or not.

Roez
06-07-2014, 10:59 AM
It starts as soon as you log in after the Free-to-Play patch. For console players, that will be as soon as they log in after July 15th, as the Free-to-Play launch for consoles is separate from the launch of PC Free-to-Play.

Is there any update on the patron's daily two hour boosts? To my knowledge, they aren't showing up. <3

belisarius
06-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Wow, another thing that isn't working for me. I have all 5 DLCs and no patron status.

RivetHead
06-07-2014, 03:30 PM

this is what i see

http://i58.tinypic.com/ilitdw.jpg

does it being greyed out at the bottom mean i have it?, i don't see any timer for it, i don't see any +20% at the very top,

i have everything else you get for having the game before it went f2p

Avylon
06-07-2014, 04:40 PM
this is what i see

does it being greyed out at the bottom mean i have it?, i don't see any timer for it, i don't see any +20% at the very top,

I had the same issue. Talked to live chat support and they fixed it.

Lrrzg
06-07-2014, 05:37 PM
@hardy83 I appreciate you following up with that, cheers!

Elastik Spastik
06-07-2014, 06:05 PM
Mine say they are active but im getting no boosts

Bonehead
06-07-2014, 06:16 PM
this is what i see

http://i58.tinypic.com/ilitdw.jpg

Based on what I see your pass is not active.

Bonehead
06-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Sooo, quick question, if you have the patron pass and buy another boost do they stack or do you just get the higher percent boost?

Atticus Batman
06-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Wow, another thing that isn't working for me. I have all 5 DLCs and no patron status.

You don't get the Patron's pass for owning the Dlcs. You get it for owning the Game prior to Defiance going free-to-play on your system. It is currently ownly free-to-play on Pc. If you are on Pc scroll to the boosts page and scroll to the bottom to see if you have active patron's pass boosts.

Atticus Batman
06-07-2014, 07:38 PM
I think patron pass starts when you first log in after the switch. The countdown from 30 days that is.

I also haven't see those 2 hour boost thing you're suppose to get.
Nor do I see the rewards from the DLC lockboxes, so I don't know if I actually get what's in them or not.

You do see the rewards you just don't realizie it. If you own Dlcs, then when you open a daily/weekly login box from claims, it will show a box for each dlc you own in the sytem feed in chat, if you have it active. The thing is people are expecting several things from each dlc box, but you only get 1 thing for owning each dlc. I hope this helps clarify it.

DLC OWNER REWARDS
* Players will now receive an extra lockbox in their daily and weekly login rewards for *EVERY* DLC that they own.
* These lockboxes, named [DLC] Daily/Weekly Supplies so that you know what you're getting from which DLC, will contain 1 of 4 items.
* Daily Supplies:
- 1 Arkforge
- 1 Ark Keycodes
- 100 Scrip
- 100 Salvage

* Weekly Supplies:
- 5 Arkforge
- 5 Ark Keycodes
- 500 Scrip
- 500 Salvage