PDA

View Full Version : What EGO powers do you think they should have in DLC?

Mr666
01-31-2013, 01:51 AM
I hoping for a super shield or marksman mode (you have accuracy and firing rate). I was also thinking jet-pack but that is less of ability more vehicle.

MrLemons
01-31-2013, 05:44 AM
Is DLC really necessary in an open world based game?

Rousel
01-31-2013, 07:09 AM

In the Free-to-play buisness model, yes, yes it is.

Dead_Phoenix
01-31-2013, 07:09 AM
I hoping for a super shield or marksman mode (you have accuracy and firing rate). I was also thinking jet-pack but that is less of ability more vehicle.

jet pack, doesnt have to be a vehical. more of a large leap, think spacemarine. i think that would be awesome for getting people into and out of sticky situations.

Rousel
01-31-2013, 07:10 AM

One problem is there is a difference in Down Load Content and Pay to win, I do not think ANY DLC should touch on combat, so it can re-skin your ride, it can give you exclusive looking guns and fancy effects, but any thing more then this is going to ruin a game.

Mr666
01-31-2013, 08:25 AM
One problem is there is a difference in Down Load Content and Pay to win, I do not think ANY DLC should touch on combat, so it can re-skin your ride, it can give you exclusive looking guns and fancy effects, but any thing more then this is going to ruin a game.With new weapons comes and better shields so that will out gun you without powers added anyway. New powers wouldn't be overpowered just a new and different way to play is all.

Rousel
01-31-2013, 09:35 AM
With new weapons comes and better shields so that will out gun you without powers added anyway. New powers wouldn't be overpowered just a new and different way to play is all.

But the difference is sure, new guns are released to the game but you can put the same amount of work into the game to get that gun, along with you can put the same amount of time to unlock that shield or that EGO skill, the main issue being that it's fair and the In-game work you put in, you get out of it.

For that reason I'm against weapons and items / skills being purched with real money, because you take from the players skill /time in earning those, along with you take from the game as a whole, milking it as a cash cow.

FOLTHEON
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
There shouldn't be any EGO powers that are only available through buying DLC. Period.

Kira Hitomi
01-31-2013, 09:39 AM
A Blink ability similar to Dishonored, every game should have that ability lol.

Mr666
01-31-2013, 09:55 AM
But the difference is sure, new guns are released to the game but you can put the same amount of work into the game to get that gun, along with you can put the same amount of time to unlock that shield or that EGO skill, the main issue being that it's fair and the In-game work you put in, you get out of it.

For that reason I'm against weapons and items / skills being purched with real money, because you take from the players skill /time in earning those, along with you take from the game as a whole, milking it as a cash cow.DLC has to new areas and new monsters but just drop the same stuff as none DLC. What is the point of even buying it? I understand what your saying and I want the game to be fair but also I want new stuff that bigger and badder than what I have now. Plus to be clear I'm talking about expansions not little stand only addons to the game.

FOLTHEON
01-31-2013, 09:58 AM
DLC has to new areas and new monsters but just drop the same stuff as none DLC. What is the point of even buying it? I understand what your saying and I want the game to be fair but also I want new stuff that bigger and badder than what I have now. Plus to be clear I'm talking about expansions not little stand only addons to the game.

EDIT: Never mind.

You should have been clearer from the beginning. Most people associate the term "DLC" with small add-ons, not full expansions.

Terra
01-31-2013, 10:42 AM
I think powers should add to what you can do, but not necessarily make you UN-killable. I was going to say something like maybe health/shield regen powers but I think that might fall in that category.

But an interesting ability, since this is supposed to boost human potential, might be to add psychic powers. Like to maybe through auras buff nearby teammates and give a chance to debuff enemies. Or maybe the ability to temporarily take over an enemy so they get shot at and die and not you, but you could still take damage if you aren't careful. Definitely be fun for pvp. Or maybe i've been playing to much XCOM lately. :p

Rousel
01-31-2013, 01:04 PM
DLC has to new areas and new monsters but just drop the same stuff as none DLC. What is the point of even buying it? I understand what your saying and I want the game to be fair but also I want new stuff that bigger and badder than what I have now. Plus to be clear I'm talking about expansions not little stand only addons to the game.

Well, that's the point with THIS game to be honest, as this story is a adventure that is set in pace with the TV episode, then that means that if you are splitting up the community base between whats newest and whats not, you're also loosing that momentum and failing to present the idea that they capitalize that "Your in-game actions effect the world." because most of your fan base is still stuck in the old content so then you get separation in the community, another thing is that if you have it so it's a whole expansion in a F2P setting, sure, some make it work, but falling back on point one, you're going to split your fan base up, the people who can afford the content you're throwing out and them who can not, was this sub based, that's fine, you expect to pay fees.

Moving onto the next point of having new EGO skills in new Expansions, again, a bad idea, you want to be pumping new content into ALL the fan base, to keep people moving, to give them new toys and as a whole, to keep your fan base moving, hopefully towards growing.

Lastly, I feel the only model that to MY ethic I feel works is selling the fluffy tassels and the spinning rims, the things no one needs to play the game, but the things that if you support the game and you can afford it, well, then you go crazy and buy stuff, because you love the game and you want to help see it grow, but that is just my views, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, who knows.

Rousel
01-31-2013, 01:10 PM
EDIT: Never mind.

You should have been clearer from the beginning. Most people associate the term "DLC" with small add-ons, not full expansions.

Indeed, I am slightly confused, do you mean Down Load Content, aka Micro-Transactions or are we talking full Expansions?

Rousel
01-31-2013, 01:12 PM
I think powers should add to what you can do, but not necessarily make you UN-killable. I was going to say something like maybe health/shield regen powers but I think that might fall in that category.

But an interesting ability, since this is supposed to boost human potential, might be to add psychic powers. Like to maybe through auras buff nearby teammates and give a chance to debuff enemies. Or maybe the ability to temporarily take over an enemy so they get shot at and die and not you, but you could still take damage if you aren't careful. Definitely be fun for pvp. Or maybe i've been playing to much XCOM lately. :p

I am not sure how this fits into the game / universe, sure, it's a sweet idea, but the issue for me is I've read or heard of no such technologies, as we're only 35 years in the future, we as Humans have not evolutionary changes.

And while it is plausible there may some technology they brought with them that can help us do this, but I think then it removes from some balance issues, pointing more to the MMO of a WoW style, spells and magics, snares and CC's where this game is mostly point and fire.

Judgment
01-31-2013, 01:51 PM
Well, that's the point with THIS game to be honest, as this story is a adventure that is set in pace with the TV episode, then that means that if you are splitting up the community base between whats newest and whats not, you're also loosing that momentum and failing to present the idea that they capitalize that "Your in-game actions effect the world." because most of your fan base is still stuck in the old content so then you get separation in the community, another thing is that if you have it so it's a whole expansion in a F2P setting, sure, some make it work, but falling back on point one, you're going to split your fan base up, the people who can afford the content you're throwing out and them who can not, was this sub based, that's fine, you expect to pay fees.

Moving onto the next point of having new EGO skills in new Expansions, again, a bad idea, you want to be pumping new content into ALL the fan base, to keep people moving, to give them new toys and as a whole, to keep your fan base moving, hopefully towards growing.

Lastly, I feel the only model that to MY ethic I feel works is selling the fluffy tassels and the spinning rims, the things no one needs to play the game, but the things that if you support the game and you can afford it, well, then you go crazy and buy stuff, because you love the game and you want to help see it grow, but that is just my views, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, who knows.

Welcome to the world onf MMO's. Some expansions add not just powers, but new races and classes. This is not a subscription based game, so the only way they make money is to provide a reason to buy add ons. If the pay stuff is just cosmetic, there will be plenty of people who will pass on it. I suspect like most MMO's there will be free content updates, but expect some of the interesting stuff to cost money. They already announced a season pass. It will likely be more than just new areas.

Rousel
01-31-2013, 03:11 PM
Welcome to the world onf MMO's. Some expansions add not just powers, but new races and classes. This is not a subscription based game, so the only way they make money is to provide a reason to buy add ons. If the pay stuff is just cosmetic, there will be plenty of people who will pass on it. I suspect like most MMO's there will be free content updates, but expect some of the interesting stuff to cost money. They already announced a season pass. It will likely be more than just new areas.

The issue being with this is that they market that our actions in the game effects what happens in the show, this is a statement they are selling on and attracting people to the game, so to then make people pay for the core selling point, (Or one of them.) is then between bad advertising or bad business.

Kordesh
01-31-2013, 05:27 PM

In the Free-to-play buisness model, yes, yes it is.

I would question what exactly the microtransactions are going to be paying for then if we can expect most of the updated content to come via DLC. If the DLC ends up being more akin to expansion packs, then maybe, but it doesn't align with the pricing we're seeing for the edition with the season pass, so I'm still holding firm to the theory that there's going to be a fair amount of nickle and diming as we get to deal with microtransactions and pay for all content updates as DLC to cover the expense of pushing updates via console.

Plastic Smile
01-31-2013, 05:30 PM
I want an automatic turret like in Borderlands 1 & 2!

Mr666
01-31-2013, 06:28 PM
maybe a mind control,in PvE you control enemies but in PvP makes persons gun jam(or makes the person think the gun jam by hacking into thier EGO).

Terra
01-31-2013, 06:47 PM
I am not sure how this fits into the game / universe, sure, it's a sweet idea, but the issue for me is I've read or heard of no such technologies, as we're only 35 years in the future, we as Humans have not evolutionary changes.

And while it is plausible there may some technology they brought with them that can help us do this, but I think then it removes from some balance issues, pointing more to the MMO of a WoW style, spells and magics, snares and CC's where this game is mostly point and fire.

Well the human body, last I checked, is only physically capable of maximum 25 mph. That is before you literally start tearing your own body apart from the strain. I also don't know how a cerebral inmplant is able to mask, clothes and all, our bodies from light. So the realism and current tech argument is silly. That said there is a lot of arguments today whether or not we actually have psychic powers NOW and how we can prove it. Besides this is a world of techno sorcery, the kind of geological and biological upheaval the Earth seems to have gone through in what we can see should have decimated all life.

But regardless of all that, it's a game. The question should be, would it be fun? Making a raider or player possibly run into a bug infestation would be fun in my book. :p

Gauldar
01-31-2013, 08:10 PM
I agree, I don't think EGO powers should be made available through DLC, I prefer when it's just cosmetic or content additions to the game. And inventory/banking space, I've got a very serious hoarding issue. As for additional EGO powers in general I haven't seen everything they have to offer, but I'm always big on group utility abilities. Being able to say transfer your shield to stack onto someone else, which will put you at risk but also double up on someone taking heavy fire.