PDA

View Full Version : Can I play through Steam yet?

Kallor
06-07-2014, 04:40 AM
Hey there,

Saw Defiance had gone to F2P for the PC, so checked on Steam for it and I'm not able to install the game there yet. Searched the forums here looking for an official answer and didn't really find anything. When will the game be available on Steam, or as some have suggested, download the demo there and be able to play without having to redownload it when it does become available on Steam?

Thanks for the help!

PseudoCool
06-07-2014, 05:29 AM
A week earlier and you could have bought it on Steam with all the goodies for $5.

Kallor
06-07-2014, 06:14 AM
A week earlier and you could have bought it on Steam with all the goodies for $5.

well that's a bummer, certainly would have gone for that. :( But my questions still remain :)

Skytis
06-07-2014, 07:43 AM
You can play it through Steam without buying it there since a long time already.
I pre-ordered Defiance on Amazon (and as you may know, you can't use the code from Amazon on Steam).
What I did then was go to Steam, Defiance Store Page and download the Demo/Free Trial. Now I got everything running via Steam.
Finally, I simply logged in with my Defiance account that I activated my Amazon code on in the launcher.
Only downside may be, that it says that you're play "Defiance Free Trial", but whatever, I don't care, I just want my Steam features :)

I would assume, that you could simply use the Free Trial version with any account now, since it's free to play :P