PDA

View Full Version : Simple solution...

n1x4
06-07-2014, 08:13 PM
... for those who are "NOW" not getting what they pay for. Stop spending your hard earned bread on a game where the devs just don't give a hoot about your problems and making the game better.

IMHO I believe f2p is the last resort to milk as much money from people as they can before the game dies. If a game is f2p it's most likely going to be pretty bad in support.

First it's a nice new game that you buy, sub and pay for certain things until the community starts to drop to crap. Second is to add a little new content to bring back some of the player-base. Then comes f2p. I left out a few steps but it's the jist.

Trion is exceptionaly bad at f2p, new content (take Rift for example most new content is just upping the levels of older raids and such. Hell even the old world stuff is pretty buggy to date.) and server/game maintenance. They simply just do not care about anything other than your money.

In short stop wasting your cash on a f2p environment where the GMs would rather play with corgis' than help their paying customers and just enjoy it (when they get the f2p bugs worked out of course).

Whisky Tango
06-07-2014, 08:17 PM
What was the point of this post? Was it to complain about Trion while telling others to stop complaining? I really do not understand the moral of this post.

Ozoaken
06-07-2014, 08:19 PM
What was the point of this post? Was it to complain about Trion while telling others to stop complaining? I really do not understand the moral of this post.

Seems to be a "game is gonna die soon" post. I havent seen one of these in a little while

Whisky Tango
06-07-2014, 08:22 PM
It was a well written, thought out post #2. In addition, from an account that was created in the last 7 days.

n1x4
06-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Nah, gentlemen. This post was none of the above except for a portion of Tangos'. It's merely stating that people should stop complaining about f2p when they pour money into it. Yes, I am new to Defiance but I am not new to Trion and their workings as with numerous other NA publishers.

I actually enjoy the prospect of this game very much. Has a lot of wonderful ideas but truth be told people who spend money in a f2p game that was once subbed should not expect a great deal of support. Especially less than a week of going f2p and from Trion.

Got to love how some assume a persons knowledge and basis are derived from their post count.

Bonehead
06-07-2014, 10:51 PM
The game was never subbed.

Deunan
06-07-2014, 10:53 PM
Has a lot of wonderful ideas but truth be told people who spend money in a f2p game that was once subbed should not expect a great deal of support. Especially less than a week of going f2p and from Trion.This game was never subscription based. The only purchase you had to make was for the game itself. For the PC it dropped to $10 by the end of last summer. The game has always had a micro-transaction store as significant part of its business model and revenue stream. Customer service has always been inconsistent largely because they made huge cutbacks and layoffs shortly after the game was released. Going free-to-play is almost inevitable when a game is not subscription based because the box sales can usually only carry a non-subscription based MMO for a year at best. Even Guild Wars abandoned the expansion pack business model.

Got to love how some assume a persons knowledge and basis are derived from their post count.Regardless of post count your post is based on a misinformed position.

n1x4
06-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Do you not think I know it was never subbed? That was intentionally put there during my last post as an idea I had. What do you know, it worked. Of all the things people could have knit-picked about, it was the ONE thing that meant the least in any eye. Not performance, not integrity, not reliability but a nonsensical reasoning of was it subbed or not. :/

Thank you.

As the fan boys have proven, please do not waste money on something that is broken then complain about it.

Bonehead
06-07-2014, 11:51 PM
Maybe an issue with meds.

Atticus Batman
06-08-2014, 12:54 AM
Do you not think I know it was never subbed? That was intentionally put there during my last post as an idea I had. {snip}

Your last post? It was in both your first and second post, not just the second one. If you hate Trion so much, then why did you get Defiance, knowing it's by Trion?

Maida
06-08-2014, 02:31 AM
There is a simple idea in economics called opportunity cost. If you don't like the game stop playing. Every minute you play prevents you from playing a game you may like more. So you are depriving yourself from the enjoyment of playing the other game.

Another concept that is applicable is the idea of sunk costs. Whatever money you have spent is gone. Playing the game does not "get your moneys worth" it only prevents you from doing something you may like more. Unless of course if the thing you like most is complaining then by all means keep playing. Then you can find plenty to complain about.

Ashlocke
06-08-2014, 06:43 AM
...Posts #1 through #11...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/1_gif.gif

Whisky Tango
06-08-2014, 07:24 AM
What is going on right now?

Deunan
06-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Do you not think I know it was never subbed? That was intentionally put there during my last post as an idea I had. What do you know, it worked.So you're nothing more than a self-admitted troll. Glad you cleared that up.

Of all the things people could have knit-picked about, it was the ONE thing that meant the least in any eye. Not performance, not integrity, not reliability but a nonsensical reasoning of was it subbed or not. :/If you weren't so self absorbed you wouldn't have missed the point. Your incorrect premise was that the game going free-to-play was indicative of a decline in quality of service or development when you were completely incorrect. The natural evolution of all non-subscription MMO games is to eventually move to free-to-play. It's by design. It is nothing like the move from subscription model to free-to-play even if you're incapable of grasping that fact.

Further, as previously explained to you, the state of customer support has been more or less static. If anything it has improved with the new Community Team additions of Scapes as Community Manager and CM Kiwibird as a Community Team member. Your transparent attempts to deflect this with either the deliberate obtuseness of a troll or an actual lack of comprehension skills changes none of that. Resorting to name calling, especially a feeble and tired one like "fan boys", is nothing more than an admission of failure to come up with a rational intelligent response.

http://pctechtalk.com/uploads/monthly_07_2012/post-4306-0-25378500-1343071373.jpg