PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Defiance Data Torrent: Can I set one up?

Daedalus
04-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Dev/Community Rep folks;

I know that lots of people are hitting some major issues with the limited bandwidth available for the patcher to send down patches to folks. In my own experience, the patcher took a wierdly low priority in my bandwidth as well, easily getting slowed down for things like other game's patchers (which hogged all the bandwidth like the fat kid at the snack table) or general network traffic. I also know that bandwidth isn't cheap, and we'd all rather it go to things like gameplay than downloads.

The easiest way to fix this is to set up a Torrent for the game's Live folder. This distributes the load across all the folks seeding, and should guarantee substantially faster rates. It is, in fact, so simple to set up that the only thing stopping me is concern that this would be met with displeasure by Defiance devs.

Which is why I ask - can we as the community set something like this up for you, so that we can let all these folks angered by the download into the game faster? Once they're in, they're substantially less likely to complain, since the game rocks. :)

Thanks!

Senel
04-03-2013, 06:51 AM
I'm not against this but i'm sure Trion would rather do it themselves personally if they were going to allow it at all. That being said you can always set it up anyway.

Dagbiker
04-03-2013, 06:58 AM
I think this sounds like a great idea, and hopefuly they consider that having a strong community initive like this only looks good for them. And while it might, take a little time to set up, it would build the community, and support for the game. Also this would take bandwidth away from their servers, reducing cost.

Daedalus
04-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I'm not against this but i'm sure Trion would rather do it themselves personally if they were going to allow it at all. That being said you can always set it up anyway.

I'd be more than thrilled if they wanted to set it up themselves. :) But one of the benefits of a good community can be picking up some of the load. Crowd-sourcing is a wonderful thing!

Addrianna
04-03-2013, 04:00 PM
Please please please do this, 3 of my friends and myself are all struggling to get the download files, one persons download has reached over 30gb of downloaded data, and still keeps failing to update.
Once it is up please god link so we can all get it quicker, I really want to play

LadyChaos
04-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Please please please do this, 3 of my friends and myself are all struggling to get the download files, one persons download has reached over 30gb of downloaded data, and still keeps failing to update.
Once it is up please god link so we can all get it quicker, I really want to play

I've heard a couple have set up tors, I'm sure someone will hook you up.

Addrianna
04-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Tors?
Sorry whats that?

Daedalus
04-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Still no official word on this. Meanwhile, has the number of folks being kept out by patcher woes decreased, any?

Kid Kablam
04-04-2013, 07:00 AM
I did a clean boot and it seemed to help... but I can't tell you for certain until the download hits the 100% mark that it fixed the problem.

Mike JezZ
04-04-2013, 07:07 AM
Trion could also just make their patcher eligable to streamplay and resume downloads like their very own Rift.

Please support my suggestion fo this very same subject. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?18468-Patcher-suggestions!-Pls-sticky!)

A working patcher eliminates reason for torrent.

Started
04-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Torrents, Tors = Torrents

Started
04-04-2013, 07:33 AM
Tors?
Sorry whats that?

Tors = torrents

Asirae
04-04-2013, 07:36 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?17656-FIX-How-bypass-slow-download-manager-and-make-game-work-(PC)

last i looked it had 200 seeds

Addrianna
04-04-2013, 08:38 PM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?17656-FIX-How-bypass-slow-download-manager-and-make-game-work-(PC)

last i looked it had 200 seeds

Getting it now and going well, thanks all

Daergar
04-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Trion could also just make their patcher eligable to streamplay and resume downloads like their very own Rift.

Please support my suggestion fo this very same subject. (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?18468-Patcher-suggestions!-Pls-sticky!)

A working patcher eliminates reason for torrent.

Sure, but this solves the problem now (which I would reckon is important to people who wants to, you know, play the game), not in the future if and when they've managed to deliver such a thing. ;)