PDA

View Full Version : Dlc?

JohnPyn
06-08-2014, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone, I was wondering how much as a free user would I be missing in terms of fun if I wer eto buy no DLC. Thanks :)

Griffix8
06-08-2014, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone, I was wondering how much as a free user would I be missing in terms of fun if I wer eto buy no DLC. Thanks :)
You can do pretty much everything the DLCs have to offer. You'll only be barred from using certain weapons and not having access to a handful of arenas (which you can get into so long as you have friends who have the dlc and group invite you in).

PhantasieTrion
06-08-2014, 11:21 AM
HI JohnPyn

It would likely be considered biased if I give you my opinion :D but you can always look here (http://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/) for some additional DLC details

There is some more information on DLC 5 here (http://community.defiance.com/en/2014/04/10/arktech-revolution-begins-april-15) as well!

Roez
06-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Griffix isn't exactly right.

You miss out on 15 perks, which can be pretty decent DPS boosts mid-to-late game.

The DLC's have pursuits, about 195 EGO points worth you can't get without. They make leveling a little easier.

There are unique costumes as well, plus a couple titles and the Raptor vehicle. The raptor is slower, but my wife loves it. If you like to collect stuff, it's the only way to get it.

If you like to solo like I do, you can't do it in the arenas without the DLC (you can only join someone else who has it). The arenas are a blast. They have waves of mobs or different objectives, and you can practice different builds, try to best your own score, whatever! You can also farm the Gunslinger arenas and get gold (in a few of them at least), and farm the weapons.

With the DLC's you also get additional Dailies and Weeklies. These do give faction currencies for a large variety of weapons. The Chimera daily is for end game content.

The Gunslinger DLC has an OK story line, and I found it fun. It's nothing major, but it's additional content.

Griffix8
06-08-2014, 11:47 AM
Other than those perks it doesn't seem like you can do much cause there's a workaround for stuff. And as Roez said, its pretty much only if you like to do things solo will you ever want to get
-Arkbreaks you can do.
-Thorn Liro you can do if you have friends.
-The Raptor, in my opinion, kind of sucks. Slow and meh handling.
-Supposedly the Gunslingers as well if you have friends.
-Chimera/Paradise are for 5k level characters (which apparently the weapons aren't that great and you can get cores by doing the Experts with friends) and wouldn't really apply to someone who just started the game.

In terms of content you aren't getting a whole lot. DLC, as someone I know put it, is basically a bundle pack of items from the bit store.

Multigun
06-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Griffix isn't exactly right.

You miss out on 15 perks, which can be pretty decent DPS boosts mid-to-late game.

This alone makes DLC 5 worth the price of admission. I use a combination of those perks on all 6 of my loadouts.

Holy Bahamut3
06-08-2014, 12:01 PM
As a season pass holder, I feel like I was screwed by most of them. If you plan on running the warmaster your clan, or friends a lot, and like the look of the guns, then you may want the second DLC. Same goes for gunslinger or DLC 4. DLC 5 is the closest you'll get to end game content. The ONLY things Castithan charge pack has going of it, are castithan race, an easy way to grind weapon levels, and easy access to charge blade. DLC 3 is just a waste of hard drive space don't get it.

Alastar
06-08-2014, 12:22 PM
In terms of plain old fun you miss nothing by not paying. Everything else has been said by everyone else here already lol. Save your money and enjoy almost all of the content :)

Roez
06-08-2014, 03:40 PM
This alone makes DLC 5 worth the price of admission. I use a combination of those perks on all 6 of my loadouts.

Exactly. If there was a DPS meter and we could test out various builds, my guess is the best builds would include them. The defensive ones are pretty good too, in the right circumstances.

Manstan
06-08-2014, 03:48 PM
I've never bought a DLC.

Atticus Batman
06-08-2014, 03:53 PM
As a season pass holder, I feel like I was screwed by most of them. If you plan on running the warmaster your clan, or friends a lot, and like the look of the guns, then you may want the second DLC. Same goes for gunslinger or DLC 4. DLC 5 is the closest you'll get to end game content. The ONLY things Castithan charge pack has going of it, are castithan race, an easy way to grind weapon levels, and easy access to charge blade. DLC 3 is just a waste of hard drive space don't get it.

I would nix the charge blade from the dlc requirement, because you don't need dlc 1 to get the rep to earn it. If you want a chargeblade but don't own any Dlc, you can join a friend in the thorne liro arenas. You will earn rep and can buy and use anything at the Thorne Liron vendor, without owning the Dlc.

Mudturtle Jones
06-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Gamestop is selling out their inventory of this game at huge discounts. Check their website to see if a store near you has any. I got the Ultimate Collector Edition for $7.99 last week. It came with all the DLC's, a plastic Hellbug and 1200 bits, plus some other things.

belisarius
06-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Don't bother with the DLCs. The servers are overloaded as it is. This means you will probably find yourself in a que just to log in to the game. In addition, I have all 5 DLCs and received NO daily or weekly benefits so far. The system seems to be buggy. All of the promised rewards don't mean a thing if 1) you can't log on, 2) you continually get "timed out" 3) you don't get the rewards.

superstorm
06-09-2014, 02:04 AM
I've never bought a DLC.
Thatswhy Defiance went to f2p.

Archangelus
06-09-2014, 02:57 AM
I am new to the game and I was surfing the forums looking for advice on whether or not buying the DLC bundle. I do not like playing a game completely for free. They put some hard work into this game and I would like to contribute by throwing in a few bucks. I am not sure if buying the DLC bundle is the best way to do it. What do you guys say?

drackiller
06-09-2014, 04:14 AM
I've never bought a DLC.
Yes, and you also complain alot ;)

drackiller
06-09-2014, 04:20 AM
I am new to the game and I was surfing the forums looking for advice on whether or not buying the DLC bundle. I do not like playing a game completely for free. They put some hard work into this game and I would like to contribute by throwing in a few bucks. I am not sure if buying the DLC bundle is the best way to do it. What do you guys say?
It`s really up to you. They lack content in terms of story, but they add other stuff like ,unic kind of weapons that you can only use if you have the DLC`s (people always forget to tell that), most of those weapons are the most WANTED in the game.
And you have story, new story, not much but they add something to the game and...
...well, play a little and ask questions to the players your going to meet. Enjoy what you have now and later, if you feel the need, you will be better informed.

Roez
06-09-2014, 04:33 AM

The first thing you will want is probably inventory space. If nothing else than for convenience when you're doing a long incursion or siege. Eventually, as you get higher in EGO you will start collecting more items. It's good to have a selection--different nanos, weapons--depending on the enemy and situation.

Outside that, this thread outlines the DLCs fairly well. The package gets a ton of mixed reviews. It's nothing like an expansion. Some people like it, some people hate it.

Manstan
06-09-2014, 05:18 AM
Thatswhy Defiance went to f2p.

No Defiance went F2P because it's a crap game with inept developers, that offered over priced DLC which had very little "C" in them. You want me to buy DLCs they better have some "C" in them. When I pay for content I expect to get content not the possibility of maybe, if you're lucky, getting it in a lock box.

drackiller I'm a well known griper, but I have nothing on some of the people on this forum ;)

drackiller
06-09-2014, 08:31 AM
drackiller I'm a well known griper, but I have nothing on some of the people on this forum ;)

Sorry man, you have to explain to me what a griper is :)

Manstan
06-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Chronic complainer.

DopedGoat
06-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Just get dlc 2. The warmaster weapons are the best going... Or were..

RipleysCatnip
06-11-2014, 11:47 AM
I got a question about Castithan Charge Pack. Is it between multiple accounts(e.g PSN Accounts) or just for the account you buy it on ?

Rasczak
06-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Gamestop is selling out their inventory of this game at huge discounts. Check their website to see if a store near you has any. I got the Ultimate Collector Edition for $7.99 last week. It came with all the DLC's, a plastic Hellbug and 1200 bits, plus some other things.

Can you apply the code to an existing account and upgrade a Defiance account to Ultimate Collector? I know some MMOs you can, some you can't.

drackiller
06-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Chronic complainer.

LOL, got it :)

Mudturtle Jones
06-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Can you apply the code to an existing account and upgrade a Defiance account to Ultimate Collector? I know some MMOs you can, some you can't.

Yes, you can. That's exactly what I did. I upgraded from the digital deluxe version.

Griffix8
06-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I got a question about Castithan Charge Pack. Is it between multiple accounts(e.g PSN Accounts) or just for the account you buy it on ?
Found out the hard way that its just for one account. I bought it hoping my dad would get it also but he didn't.

Z0mb1E
06-11-2014, 02:48 PM

I picked up one of these for 7.99 at gamestop!