PDA

View Full Version : Weapon stats, question from a new player

Buckly
06-08-2014, 01:16 PM
Hey everybody,

I am a new player, and have a few questions. I have of course searched here and google for answers, and after reading many posts I am still no better off. From what I found the answers come from the player base and nothing from the dev's. I mean no offense but one will make claims and another will state that its wrong and make another claim but none show source. Just what they have been told or found to be true for them, but not once have I seen a dev reply(maybe I missed the post).

So how do weapon stats work? Is there a post(didnt see any thing in the stickies). So where can I find a correct break down on how the ratings work? How can some weapons have high accuracy but a mod gives it a -.30 as an improvment? Bloom some say its the spread, some say the sight width. Also I have read claims that they differ from weapon types, and others say the devs have no idea themselves(not a bash I am just showing the confusion). I would love a break down of how all stats work and if they change from weapon types.

If I master a AR carbine, and get another on a drop but higher level or rarity do I have to remaster it, or only if I get an ar heavy carbine?

For skill in a weapon I read you have to use all different types. One said if I master one type like an ar carbine, I then have to use a different type to raise my skills in AR in general.

Also is there a way to change sights on weapons to be like iron sights or crosshairs? On the AR-216 Gladiator they have what I would call Iron sight , but the AR Heavy carbine come with what looks like the tactical sight, and when I put on the commando it still looked like the tactical

So can I be directed to a post/page by the devs that break this all down? If not could I get a CM to direct this to the devs for an offical answer and maybe a stcky?

Thank you for your time and if I missed a link post on this, sorry Im a little slow at times.

Etaew
06-08-2014, 01:31 PM
So how do weapon stats work?
That reminds me I did start on a page on DD but never finished it. @Community shall we get the list sorted once and for all? http://www.defiancedata.com/statdescriptions.php

If I master a AR carbine, and get another on a drop but higher level or rarity do I have to remaster it, or only if I get an ar heavy carbine?
Yes, you master using a single weapon.

For skill in a weapon I read you have to use all different types. One said if I master one type like an ar carbine, I then have to use a different type to raise my skills in AR in general.
http://www.defiancedata.com/skills.php are the different types of skills you can master, you can use any weapon you want that belong to the group without changing it out. Even after you master the weapon you still earn experience towards the skill line. Of course some models are just better at leveling, courier sawed-off shotguns I'm looking at you.

Also is there a way to change sights on weapons to be like iron sights or crosshairs? On the AR-216 Gladiator they have what I would call Iron sight , but the AR Heavy carbine come with what looks like the tactical sight, and when I put on the commando it still looked like the tactical
There is, http://www.defiancedata.com/mods.php?t=Sight some might be a little of date, let me know if they are.

Buckly
06-08-2014, 03:10 PM
That reminds me I did start on a page on DD but never finished it. @Community shall we get the list sorted once and for all? http://www.defiancedata.com/statdescriptions.php

Yes, you master using a single weapon.

http://www.defiancedata.com/skills.php are the different types of skills you can master, you can use any weapon you want that belong to the group without changing it out. Even after you master the weapon you still earn experience towards the skill line. Of course some models are just better at leveling, courier sawed-off shotguns I'm looking at you.

There is, http://www.defiancedata.com/mods.php?t=Sight some might be a little of date, let me know if they are.

Thanks for your post, and the site.

Now all I need is a good clan that uses chat and can help a guy like me out.

Etaew
06-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Now all I need is a good clan that uses chat and can help a guy like me out.

Which platform and region are you in?

Buckly
06-08-2014, 04:41 PM
NA East Coast, ps3. Usually play nights 7pm to 11pm, but have extra time to play right now.

Atticus Batman
06-08-2014, 04:55 PM
NA East Coast, ps3. Usually play nights 7pm to 11pm, but have extra time to play right now.

Ps3? Well then you can try the Wildcards (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151754-The-Wildcards/page8). I'm not on Ps3 myself but Copperpot does seem like a nice guy.

or try the Ps3 clans page (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?26-PlayStation-3-Clans) since I am sure there are plenty of clans out there that are good, his was just the first one I remembered.

Buckly
06-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Ps3? Well then you can try the Wildcards (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?151754-The-Wildcards/page8). I'm not on Ps3 myself but Copperpot does seem like a nice guy.

or try the Ps3 clans page (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?26-PlayStation-3-Clans) since I am sure there are plenty of clans out there that are good, his was just the first one I remembered.

I will try there again. I posted to one clan there and even tried to contact several members via the PSN and to players in game but no one bothered to answer me. The wildcards seem ok, but I am looking for a group that works together and uses voice chat. So not trying to sound rude they might not have what I am looking for in a clan. I like to work together and use voice chat in game. And from what some of the posts say I dont want to chase after members to get that experiance. And please that me say I mean no offense by this, not trying to flame anyone. I may miss understand the posts.

Thank you all again

Atticus Batman
06-08-2014, 05:48 PM
I will try there again. I posted to one clan there and even tried to contact several members via the PSN and to players in game but no one bothered to answer me. The wildcards seem ok, but I am looking for a group that works together and uses voice chat. So not trying to sound rude they might not have what I am looking for in a clan. I like to work together and use voice chat in game. And from what some of the posts say I dont want to chase after members to get that experiance. And please that me say I mean no offense by this, not trying to flame anyone. I may miss understand the posts.

Thank you all again

Nope not mean. You just want the group experience of a clan. I am sure there is one for you somewhere. Just keep looking. I had a hard time finding one I like. Now I have found 2. Good thing they are on different servers. lol

Buckly
06-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Nope not mean. You just want the group experience of a clan. I am sure there is one for you somewhere. Just keep looking. I had a hard time finding one I like. Now I have found 2. Good thing they are on different servers. lol

I will just keep looking, thanks for all the feed back

konstantinov
06-08-2014, 07:25 PM
What ego are you Buckly? I'm on ps3 NA but I don't handout my psn as I get friend requests just because of my ego.

Deirachel
06-08-2014, 09:55 PM
So how do weapon stats work? Is there a post(didnt see any thing in the stickies). So where can I find a correct break down on how the ratings work? How can some weapons have high accuracy but a mod gives it a -.30 as an improvment? Bloom some say its the spread, some say the sight width. Also I have read claims that they differ from weapon types, and others say the devs have no idea themselves(not a bash I am just showing the confusion). I would love a break down of how all stats work and if they change from weapon types.

Ok, since no one else seems to have answered this.

So, in general, good is:

Accuracy, Bloom, Reload, Turn Radius, Lock-on Time: SMALLER numbers

Damage, Crit, Falloff, Blast Radius, Range, Homing Range: LARGER numbers

Reload, Fire Rate, Mag, Velocity: Depends on Personal Preference and Loadout

Accuracy: The SMALLER the number the better, with 0.0 being "perfect" (negative numbers aren't supposed to be worse than 0.0, but sometimes it is)

Bloom: How large an area the bullets hit in sustained fire (this is a a REAL LIFE term, so there you go). For some weapons, like a shotgun, a large bloom isn't always a bad thing (like when duck hunting), but in this game in general a SMALLER number is prefered as it means more of your bullets are hitting the X.

Accuracy reduces your initial (pre-firing) cross hair spread. Bloom reduces your increasing cross hair spread in sustained fire.

Falloff? That is the effective range of your gun. You don't see this in the stat card, but you will see it with mods. As the bullet travels, it slows down reducing it's kinetic energy (this is another real life thing). For some weapon types, you don't need Range or falloff (like a sniper, as it's fall off is farther than the draw distance in the game); for others, it can be quite important (like Pistols and SMGs) if you prefer to stay at stand-off distances instead of close quarters (duck and roll).

Turn radius: You find this on Guided Rocket Launchers only. It's how sharp the rocket can turn once you've locked on to an enemy.

Blast Radius: How big your explosion is. Blast Radius has falloff, too (thus the Min/Max Damage ratings on explosives)

Velocity: how fast your projectile goes, only found on Infectors (rarely), Rocket Launchers, and Grenade Launchers. For those weapons with a ballistic path (i.e. it arcs over), velocity can greatly change where you aim to hit a specific spot.

What do you mean depends on personal preference and loadout? Well, for example, with the right perks you can extend your EGO power time and/or reduce your recharge time depending on how often your reload. If you run with these two perks, then you should be using a smaller mag. Alternately, if you are using the Preparedness perk and two of the same guns, having a pair big mags means more bullets getting reloaded while you use one of the guns. If you prefer to be more precise with your shots (i.e. not needing to hit ammo boxes or ammo pick ups), but aren't the best at aiming, then a fast fire rate will just mean wasted ammo.

Buckly
06-08-2014, 10:45 PM
Ok, since no one else seems to have answered this.

So, in general, good is:

Accuracy, Bloom, Reload, Turn Radius, Lock-on Time: SMALLER numbers

Damage, Crit, Falloff, Blast Radius, Range, Homing Range: LARGER numbers

Reload, Fire Rate, Mag, Velocity: Depends on Personal Preference and Loadout

Accuracy: The SMALLER the number the better, with 0.0 being "perfect" (negative numbers aren't supposed to be worse than 0.0, but sometimes it is)

Bloom: How large an area the bullets hit in sustained fire (this is a a REAL LIFE term, so there you go). For some weapons, like a shotgun, a large bloom isn't always a bad thing (like when duck hunting), but in this game in general a SMALLER number is prefered as it means more of your bullets are hitting the X.

Accuracy reduces your initial (pre-firing) cross hair spread. Bloom reduces your increasing cross hair spread in sustained fire.

Falloff? That is the effective range of your gun. You don't see this in the stat card, but you will see it with mods. As the bullet travels, it slows down reducing it's kinetic energy (this is another real life thing). For some weapon types, you don't need Range or falloff (like a sniper, as it's fall off is farther than the draw distance in the game); for others, it can be quite important (like Pistols and SMGs) if you prefer to stay at stand-off distances instead of close quarters (duck and roll).

Turn radius: You find this on Guided Rocket Launchers only. It's how sharp the rocket can turn once you've locked on to an enemy.

Blast Radius: How big your explosion is. Blast Radius has falloff, too (thus the Min/Max Damage ratings on explosives)

Velocity: how fast your projectile goes, only found on Infectors (rarely), Rocket Launchers, and Grenade Launchers. For those weapons with a ballistic path (i.e. it arcs over), velocity can greatly change where you aim to hit a specific spot.

What do you mean depends on personal preference and loadout? Well, for example, with the right perks you can extend your EGO power time and/or reduce your recharge time depending on how often your reload. If you run with these two perks, then you should be using a smaller mag. Alternately, if you are using the Preparedness perk and two of the same guns, having a pair big mags means more bullets getting reloaded while you use one of the guns. If you prefer to be more precise with your shots (i.e. not needing to hit ammo boxes or ammo pick ups), but aren't the best at aiming, then a fast fire rate will just mean wasted ammo.

Dang, you the man. This should be a sticky what you wrote, that what i was looking for. Thank you so much for the time and effort of this post