PDA

View Full Version : I am on a 40gb/month bandwidth usage limit :/

leanmachine
04-03-2013, 06:56 AM
I really want to buy this game for my xbox, the only issue I have is my Internet usage limit is 40gb per month, now I have no idea about mmo's when It comes to usage so can anyone guide me. Would much appreciate it.
Thank you :)

Voodeux
04-03-2013, 07:02 AM
You may use up to 20 MB per hour on a game like Guild Wars 2. For Defiance I'd lay odds on that number being slightly lower. Once you are over the initial usage for the download you'll likely have no further issues keeping your bandwidth limit well under control.

Mockeryangel
04-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Sitting around in the middle of nowhere doing nothing Defiance sends out 50 bytes per sec and downloads around 1100 bytes per sec, idk how much you increase that by for when you're actually doing something or in a major arkfall. Okay when I went driving a short distance it went up to 140bytes per sec out, and 1300-1400 bytes download.

Tibbs
04-03-2013, 07:13 AM
And in case you are not aware, it is 1024 bytes make 1 mb, 1024 mb make 1 gb.

leanmachine
04-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Mockeryangwl accuse my stupidity lol what your saying is I should be within my limits?

Over00
04-03-2013, 07:15 AM
I use to to run WOW off a 15gb limit internet dongle (stick) including all the big patches etc when I was in the military. Don't think you'll have any issues with a 40gb limit.

DS Triggah
04-03-2013, 07:17 AM
I really want to buy this game for my xbox, the only issue I have is my Internet usage limit is 40gb per month, now I have no idea about mmo's when It comes to usage so can anyone guide me. Would much appreciate it.

Download will be heavy on your broadband just be careful for the first month two hours a day still fine then from the month after and onwards you will have no trouble.

Technodude
04-03-2013, 07:32 AM

40 GB limit? wtf? what country you are from? in only know one such country which has the crappiest internet usage limits and even crappier internet speeds. They call 1MB plans 'super fast broadband'.

I am talking about India.

leanmachine
04-03-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm from the UK. Unfortunately I have to abide by the house owners rules, and 40GB Is the limit. I'm knew to mmo's, hence why I'm so uninformed with them, I just thought it would be a good time to experience it. I've gone over the limits before thanks to Netflix and YouTube. Just wondering how online would compare.