PDA

View Full Version : First nerfs or i missed soemthing?

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 06:58 AM
the "detonator" patch - is it me or it was nerfed?

the one i have has now 81-800 - whis is stupidly low for the small clip size and atatck speed - a LMG does several times more dps.

Dont start nerfing everythign cuz PVP-rs think its op -_- Add pvp based dmg reduction that doesnt apply in pve.

squidgod2000
04-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Dont start nerfing everythign cuz PVP-rs think its op -_- Add pvp based dmg reduction that doesnt apply in pve.

Disagree. Defiance is a PvP game with some PvE progression slapped on to it. All weapons should be balanced across the entire game.

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 07:00 AM
No it was annoucned as mainly PVE game - which is the onl yreason i preordered it.
+ mobs in PVE are alot tougher then your pvp opponent.

Bluntski
04-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Detonators aren't very good for PvP anyways.

mobs in PVE are alot tougher then your pvp opponent.

Not at all. You must be playing against bads.

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 07:04 AM
The defense, health etc on PVE is way higher then the players in pvp - for ex i just went through near 2 clips of detonator (~15 grenades) to kill 1 elite raider shotgunner. Took me half a clip with a LMG.

+ didnt notice before.. its not jus tthe damage... its also the attack speed and clip size...

another weapon thats just good for gulanite -_- Its like forcing everyone to use BMG + LMG.

RawrKitty
04-03-2013, 07:10 AM
don't disregard what he's saying just because of a stupid semantic.

more importantly don't balance a game around forum and balance whiners, else you will end up with a horribly unbalanced and terrible game. this is proven true with every pvp game ever. the LOUD MINOIRTY should not get the preferential treatment for game balance. those who think the game is balanced in pvp don't say a word about it. like me. i dont make a single thread about pvp balance, for i think its perfect the way it is. (no i do not use explosives in pvp)

PseudoCool
04-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Disagree. Defiance is a PvP game with some PvE progression slapped on to it. All weapons should be balanced across the entire game.

Disagree. If this was a PvP game, we'd have open world PVP, which last I checked, we didn't. This is a PvE game without any doubt, and trying to reset everything to "fit the pvp mold" is going to end this game so fast that it won't make it through the first season. Do I agree that it needs balanced? sure.. but that's why we alpha/beta tested, and got a LOT of the balance issues sorted way earlier.

Migrayne
04-03-2013, 07:12 AM
No it was annoucned as mainly PVE game - which is the onl yreason i preordered it.
+ mobs in PVE are alot tougher then your pvp opponent.

Not really. Mobs can't think. I bet you will die to players way more often then you die to a mob. I have not died in pve yet. But in PvP plenty of people in PvP.

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 07:18 AM

Here... it doesnt even compare to a random Assault rifle.
The damage range alone with small clip and speed.

PseudoCool
04-03-2013, 07:24 AM

See.. one thing people have GOT to learn bout Defiance: Weapons are VERY situational. Where that AR may make 377 damage per round, and pop em out at a fire rate of 15.. that's awesome. But what happens when you run up against.. oh.. 99ers? Ya know, the cyborgs with the killer shields and huge mobs... yeah.. the AR becomes an underpowered weapon.

However.. they LOVE to group up, and they use cover really well.. which makes the Detonator class of weapons a beautiful way to end em quickly and/or drop their shields if you don't. Det's also work far more effectively against Minigunners and the like as well.. IF you know how to use them.

Suikoden
04-03-2013, 07:24 AM

This is a PVE game first and foremost. PVP means fighting other players solely; this game is based on a tv show and it's story. Integration and PVE is what it was built around.

Icid
04-03-2013, 07:25 AM
This is because Detonators are an AoE weapon type. AoEs need to have horrible single target damage in order to be balanced around the very fact that they can hit say 5-10 mobs at a time. Not to mention they also proc all of the "explosives" type perks around Overpower.

ANTI
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM

Your comparing the crappiest base-dps detonator with the highest base-dps AR. The detonator I have is 1313/131 max/min base damage with a base mag of 5. Mix that with Overcharge +explosive perks and its roflstomp. And the nerf was needed.

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 07:28 AM
The grenade launcher isnt even situationally useful anymore - the explosion range is soo small that even vs shielded enemies i run out of ammo extremely fast.
Ar was just and example - and even tho its single target, it still kills them faster.

I went through varietty of explosive weapons and still end up using the rifles/smg or similar in the end.

It was somewhat decent before (detonators, not talkign about the rest of explosives) - but now its just sooo slow, long reload and small clip. And with that damage range it often hits only half the damage. There doesnt seem to be any kind of "shield" penetration - for ex those shield raiders - half the time take no damage even if the grenade explodes in front of them.

Nerf should have been situational to specific ones then - not globally to all, even the weakest ones. Whats the poitn of item variety if only 2-3 items in the end are the "good" ones.

Synra
04-03-2013, 07:42 AM
Honestly, he is right. Weapon balance is incredibly out of whack here. Back in Beta weekend 2, my impression was that about 50% of the weapons I found were good, and 50% were stupidly weak. I expected to see better weapon balance by launch, but instead it seems like they nerfed most of the good ones over the past couple months.

So far at launch, I would say only about 10% of the weapons I find are actually any good, and whenever I try to use anything else, I am just making the game 10x harder on myself. Even sniper rifles are not nearly as practical today. There is something very wrong when you can headshot a basic trash enemy with a bolt action sniper, and not kill him.

As for the PvP / PvE debate? I bought this game for PvE and the TV show. For PvP I play Planetside 2.

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 07:58 AM
PVP vs PVE fight aside and Situationality also - the balance is off.

Yes there were some detonators with high damage - they were also slower and had way more explosion range (4+) AND damage.

But the one on image is ... well low explosion range already and had lower damage.

Strontium Dog
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM

Negative.Its never been touted as a PvP game with PvE added on.

squidgod2000
04-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Negative.Its never been touted as a PvP game with PvE added on.

Doesn't matter what it's advertised as, it matters what it is.

Vertis
04-03-2013, 08:18 AM
thank god GL spam needed to nerfed across the board, this is coming from a shotgunner, the next OP.

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Lets just nerf everythign someone doesnt like... headshot spam - nerf bolt actions so the ywont 1 hit anymore. Shotgun spam. People with trucks at arkfall.. nerf truck damage, O hand those SMG-s they shoot too fast.

zacoman
04-03-2013, 09:11 AM
pvp game? lol thats a good one.