PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2.006 Coming to PTS, Addressing Salvage Matrix Issues

Scapes
06-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Ark hunters,

The team is getting ready to put Patch 2.006 through its paces and we'd like to have you involved in its testing. This build will be available on our Public Test Server tomorrow, downloadable via Glyph from the regional dropdown menu. To make sure everyone who joins will be able to test the Salvage Matrix issues affecting 2.005, all PTS characters will get a grant of arkforge to use. After testing, please share your experiences on the forums (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server).

As a small thank you for your patience since the launch of Defiance Free-to-Play, we're going to extend all active Patron Passes for PC players by an additional seven days. Both PC and console players will have the auto-salvage countdown timer on all equipment in the Claim Item pane set to seven days, and grant a 2-hour Personal+ Score Boost to all accounts. More details on when this will take place to follow. We'll have full patch notes for Patch 2.006 live tomorrow along with a reminder to help us test it.

Error404
06-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Ark hunters,

The team is getting ready to put Patch 2.006 through its paces and we'd like to have you involved in its testing. This build will be available on our Public Test Server tomorrow, downloadable via Glyph from the regional dropdown menu. To make sure everyone who joins will be able to test the Salvage Matrix issues affecting 2.005, all PTS characters will get a grant of arkforge to use. After testing, please share your experiences on the forums (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server).

As a small thank you for your patience since the launch of Defiance Free-to-Play, we're going to extend all active Patron Passes for PC players by an additional seven days. Both PC and console players will have the auto-salvage countdown timer on all equipment in the Claim Item pane set to seven days, and grant a 2-hour Personal+ Score Boost to all accounts. More details on when this will take place to follow. We'll have full patch notes for Patch 2.006 live tomorrow along with a reminder to help us test it.

Umm...Why aren't console players getting an extra 7 days of Patron pass? We've gone through EXACTLY the same ******** as PC players.

7 extra days to claim our crap is hardly a reward.

yue
06-09-2014, 09:27 PM
I'd just like my gun fixed ...... It's been awhile and haven't seen anything from anyone regarding a fix

Scapes
06-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Umm...Why aren't console players getting an extra 7 days of Patron pass? We've gone through EXACTLY the same ******** as PC players.

7 extra days to claim our crap is hardly a reward.

All players will be receiving a Personal+ Score Boost (+25% if memory serves). Also, Patron Passes on PC haven't been receiving their daily random Personal Boosts which is why they're receiving the extra days.

Scapes
06-09-2014, 09:45 PM
I'd just like my gun fixed ...... It's been awhile and haven't seen anything from anyone regarding a fix

Last I checked, Patch 2.006 should retroactively fix affected equipment.

yue
06-09-2014, 09:52 PM

Was just trying to get reverted back to purple untill all this is sorted out .

nathanpbutler
06-09-2014, 09:53 PM

That would be quite helpful, rather than having to have everyone deal with things through support. Many of us have had our issues escalated to the next level, but seen things just sort of go dead at that point.

Gemini Rapture
06-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Everyone's been so worried about their salvage matrix, I never got these Items... and neither have some of my clanmates that I usually run with.

30-Day Paradise Patron Pass
1000 Arkforge, used to refine and upgrade weapons.

I already had the other things offered to paid players before we went f2p. But with all the glitching and patching a lot of us are getting overlooked and not receiving the other items.

Scapes
06-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Everyone's been so worried about their salvage matrix, I never got these Items... and neither have some of my clanmates that I usually run with.

To check, are you playing on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3?

Scapes
06-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Was just trying to get reverted back to purple untill all this is sorted out .

Ideally, we'll have Patch 2.006 live on Wednesday.

Gemini Rapture
06-09-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm on PS3 NA

Scapes
06-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I'm on PS3 NA

The Defiance ownership bonuses will be granted for console players when the game goes free-to-play on July 15 for those platforms.

Gemini Rapture
06-09-2014, 10:21 PM

Thank you for clearing that up. This is what had me lost then.. since Yue is a PSN player.

Kane Fraiser
06-09-2014, 11:07 PM

Hey Scapes, I have a orange weapon I changed from purple to orange and it changed the synergy, this was the first time it came out, like last week. Will it change the synergy back to the original synergy when 2.006 finally drops for Xbox??? Because I'm kinda worried that the replacement that they have me won't roll the x1.10.dmg like it did before.

Scapes
06-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Hey Scapes, I have a orange weapon I changed from purple to orange and it changed the synergy, this was the first time it came out, like last week. Will it change the synergy back to the original synergy when 2.006 finally drops for Xbox???

No, the synergy rerolls aren't going to automatically revert with 2.006 but our Support Team can assist with that. The fix is for the power levels that didn't persist after being upgraded.

Kane Fraiser
06-09-2014, 11:24 PM
No, the synergy rerolls aren't going to automatically revert with 2.006 but our Support Team can assist with that. The fix is for the power levels that didn't persist after being upgraded.

Well, what the support team did for me was give me a replacement weapon, exactly the same as as it was before I upgraded the rarity, but they told me the legendary roll is not a garunteed x1.10 dmg, since it's randomized. It kinda makes me angry because if the synergy hadn't even changed in the first place, this wouldn't be a problem. I actually asked if they could just revert the synergy change from assassin back to Quartermaster, they gave me a replacement instead.

Market
06-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Out of curiosity, will the pre-Glyph method of logging in to the PTS still work? I still have the install on my machine and would like to know if that's going to work like it has before or will Glyph be necessary.

PhantasieTrion
06-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Out of curiosity, will the pre-Glyph method of logging in to the PTS still work? I still have the install on my machine and would like to know if that's going to work like it has before or will Glyph be necessary.

Glyph is the preferred method, but the pre-Glyph route should still work (it worked for me today when testing).

drackiller
06-10-2014, 12:28 AM
The Defiance ownership bonuses will be granted for console players when the game goes free-to-play on July 15 for those platforms.

Well Scapes, the problem is that i bought the Patron Pass for the PS3...some of us, in fact lots of us did it. And we are also having those problems.

Market
06-10-2014, 01:18 AM
Glyph is the preferred method, but the pre-Glyph route should still work (it worked for me today when testing).

Good to know! I'll give it a shot to see if it works for me as well. Old habits and if it ain't broke, that sort of thing. ;)

Roez
06-10-2014, 06:50 AM

I"ll install glyph and help test this as soon as it's available and I figure out how to install. Please make sure the directions are clear!. :)

This is a step in the right direction. Thank you, <3

JustMe
06-10-2014, 08:17 AM

Good to know.

i800whoscares
06-10-2014, 08:24 AM
only if thier logs show it in you inventory but your trion support logs of some people inventory logs are wrong thats what happened in my case so i am out my gun and all the arkfroge i used

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 08:29 AM
" Both PC and console players will have the auto-salvage countdown timer on all equipment in the Claim Item pane set to seven days,"

Could you please not do that? Or give us the option to opt out of it? My claims are getting fuller every day (currently at 1.800 items) and the game is lagging really really hard. Loading during peak times takes ages and after 2.000 items in claims, the game gets practically unplayable.
I was looking forward to everything (almost everything) getting out of there.
My other character only has about 900 things in there and it's not nearly as bad. A clanmate has 2k+ and it's taking him minutes to load something.

If it wasn't such a long task to do (either you need to salvage every item twice because of this display bug or you need to manually choose the next item) we'd do it ourselves.
Or is there maybe a chance that CS can assist with that and manually delete everything in there if you want to? I don't even care about the salvage, I just want the things gone.

PhantasieTrion
06-10-2014, 09:06 AM
Well Scapes, the problem is that i bought the Patron Pass for the PS3...some of us, in fact lots of us did it. And we are also having those problems.

Hi DracKiller

Patron Pass was available for sale (for a short time) on consoles, which is when you bought it (thanks!).

We know there are problems with the console patron pass. However we don't have a fix ready (yet), and thus we didn't want to announce what we would be doing for a make-up.

However, we will do a make-up once we have a fix ready. Details to follow.

Roez
06-10-2014, 09:06 AM
" Both PC and console players will have the auto-salvage countdown timer on all equipment in the Claim Item pane set to seven days,"

Could you please not do that? Or give us the option to opt out of it? My claims are getting fuller every day (currently at 1.800 items) and the game is lagging really really hard. Loading during peak times takes ages and after 2.000 items in claims, the game gets practically unplayable.
I was looking forward to everything (almost everything) getting out of there.
My other character only has about 900 things in there and it's not nearly as bad. A clanmate has 2k+ and it's taking him minutes to load something.

If it wasn't such a long task to do (either you need to salvage every item twice because of this display bug or you need to manually choose the next item) we'd do it ourselves.
Or is there maybe a chance that CS can assist with that and manually delete everything in there if you want to? I don't even care about the salvage, I just want the things gone.

You know you can salvage an unclaimed item? I had a couple hundred and it only took a few minutes to burn through half of them.

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 09:12 AM
You know you can salvage an unclaimed item? I had a couple hundred and it only took a few minutes to burn through half of them.

I know I can but do you know how long it takes?
Especially when you need to salvage every item two times because of a display bug going on?
The item actually is already salvaged but still gets displayed in the claims.

Kane Fraiser
06-10-2014, 09:40 AM
I know I can but do you know how long it takes?
Especially when you need to salvage every item two times because of a display bug going on?
The item actually is already salvaged but still gets displayed in the claims.

Breakdown the first item then the one a couple below it then the first one again, rinse and repeat. I had to break down 900 items it took me about 20 minutes, should take you around 30

Quebra Regra
06-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Can we have the option to "salvage" claim items for script rather than worthless salvage?

Tekrunner
06-10-2014, 10:11 AM
So I tried to hit the update button on my PTS client from DLC5, just to see what would happen, and it started downloading the entire game. If we only have a day to test this fix, could you make sure that those who already have the DLC5 PTS client only have to download a delta? If not I won't be able to do any testing.

Logain
06-10-2014, 10:40 AM

Will this also fix guns that went into claims and lost EGO rating gained from spending arkforge on the weapon? For example raised a 3000 EGO level gun to 5000 using arkforge. Gun went into claims and is now back to 3000 EGO.

Darien
06-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Both PC and console players will have the auto-salvage countdown timer on all equipment in the Claim Item pane set to seven days

How is it appropriate to threaten me after I have had to deal with these issues?

Market
06-10-2014, 11:00 AM
So I tried to hit the update button on my PTS client from DLC5, just to see what would happen, and it started downloading the entire game. If we only have a day to test this fix, could you make sure that those who already have the DLC5 PTS client only have to download a delta? If not I won't be able to do any testing.

I second this! I just tried updating through the PTS install on my machine and it says it will take 15 hours to download.

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 11:13 AM
I second this! I just tried updating through the PTS install on my machine and it says it will take 15 hours to download.

To you and Tek.
It's always been like this for me with every DLC. Mostly when the PTS wasn't online yet/the DLC wasn't put on there yet.
Do not redownload the whole game (did that 2 times...).
Wait until they say the new Patch is on there. From then on, it should be a short download. Probably the download from every Hotfix after DLC 5 was released and the 2.000 Patch with the Hotfixes.

Market
06-10-2014, 11:26 AM
To you and Tek.
It's always been like this for me with every DLC. Mostly when the PTS wasn't online yet/the DLC wasn't put on there yet.
Do not redownload the whole game (did that 2 times...).
Wait until they say the new Patch is on there. From then on, it should be a short download. Probably the download from every Hotfix after DLC 5 was released and the 2.000 Patch with the Hotfixes.

Ahh! Good to know! Since I'm still fairly new to the PC version of the game, I hadn't had the chance to participate in the PTS runs until the Arktech Revolution tests.

Thanks for the info!! Much appreciated!

TremerChrist
06-10-2014, 11:34 AM

What about those like myself that bought the Patron Pass and haven't received any 2 hr boost and the patron pass hasn't worked for me yet?

Nevermind, answered on page three.

SOFA KINGxCRAZY
06-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Ideally, we'll have Patch 2.006 live on Wednesday.

I love how you said the patch to enable upgrade rarity will be out early next week aka this week... wensday is not early in the week...... I am tired of trion saying something and then changing it!!!!!!!!!

A normal week starts Sunday ends saturday

TLG113
06-10-2014, 12:03 PM
How about the lag issues, constantly being kicked off, and the issues that have been plaguing me getting the game to play correct since the Free to play update. I'm running with a gen 4 i7 4770k processor, GTX 770 video card, 32 GB ram...and the game isn't playing correct....but hey yeah the hell with these issues I can't wait to upgrade a gun.

Scapes
06-10-2014, 12:11 PM
I love how you said the patch to enable upgrade rarity will be out early next week aka this week... wensday is not early in the week...... I am tired of trion saying something and then changing it!!!!!!!!!

I imagine you'd also prefer the patch to work properly. We determined the build needed more time in testing, hence the later release window.

N3gativeCr33p
06-10-2014, 12:20 PM
I imagine you'd also prefer the patch to work properly. We determined the build needed more time in testing, hence the later release window.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608017066912056260&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

dramaQkarri
06-10-2014, 12:24 PM
How is it appropriate to threaten me after I have had to deal with these issues?

SUPER funny!!! made me bark out laughter at work...inappropriate. *blushes*

Error404
06-10-2014, 12:41 PM

The first time in over a year that something has been delayed to make it work right. Impressive.

But that makes sense now that all your profit is going to come from free players and the 'freemium' players have been fleeced.

DopedGoat
06-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Scapes please in future release patches on the test centre first before the main server. Surely that's why its there.

The community will be a hell of a lot more happier and no doubt your support team who answer all the tickets as well.

dramaQkarri
06-10-2014, 12:58 PM

Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Don't push him, people, he'll start to sound like me when I'm hungry...NOT a good thing although I know it amuses some of you.

Zovax
06-10-2014, 01:47 PM
What about the few of us console players who bought the patron pass only for it to do absolutely nothing. Are we going to get reimbursed for the time lost on our boosts?

OttawaREDBLACKS
06-10-2014, 01:54 PM
is this the same thing as the alpha server patcher or do I have to spend even more data redownloading the game if I want to test this out?

Scapes
06-10-2014, 04:23 PM
What about the few of us console players who bought the patron pass only for it to do absolutely nothing. Are we going to get reimbursed for the time lost on our boosts?

Yes, check out Phantasie's post on this: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?162697-Patch-2.006-Coming-to-PTS-Addressing-Salvage-Matrix-Issues&p=1519128&viewfull=1#post1519128

is this the same thing as the alpha server patcher or do I have to spend even more data redownloading the game if I want to test this out?

It's the same but requires a full download regardless as it's an entirely new build.

drackiller
06-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Hi DracKiller

Patron Pass was available for sale (for a short time) on consoles, which is when you bought it (thanks!).

We know there are problems with the console patron pass. However we don't have a fix ready (yet), and thus we didn't want to announce what we would be doing for a make-up.

However, we will do a make-up once we have a fix ready. Details to follow.

Ty for you quick answer. Do we, the ones that bought it on consoles have to do something in particular or we just wait for the fix !?