PDA

View Full Version : Detonator nerf? Anywhere I can find the patch notes?

V4NGUARD
04-03-2013, 07:04 AM
As the title says I noticed that my detonator that I got last night has had its damage reduced by about 200. I was wondering if anyone knows where the patch notes are as I can't seem to find a link? Would be nice to see what else they've changed.

V4NGUARD
04-03-2013, 07:31 AM
Well that was kicked off the first page fast, bump D:

DustOfDeath
04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
i already made related thread in pc section - it was in patch notes... which kind of sucks.. it was nerfed way too much. Another weapon group that becoems useless.. liek pistols and rocket launchers.

IT wasnt onl ydamage.. reload speed, clip size and attack speed also.

Xavier Horovitz
04-03-2013, 07:33 AM
Here you go: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?15677-Server-Update-April-2nd-10-45pm-Xbox-PC-and-PS3

From the looks of it, you're spot on.

V4NGUARD
04-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Well thats a shame, I got my first Detonator last night and was literally having a blast. For the limited ammo capacity I thought the damage was great where it was. Sucks that its now pretty useless compared to me AR :/

Fizzywinks
04-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Well thats a shame, I got my first Detonator last night and was literally having a blast. For the limited ammo capacity I thought the damage was great where it was. Sucks that its now pretty useless compared to me AR :/

They are still pretty strong. It was not a significant nerf. In fact they are the only things I use right now.

V4NGUARD
04-03-2013, 08:38 AM
They are still pretty strong. It was not a significant nerf. In fact they are the only things I use right now.

I guess, to me it doesn't feel as punchy anymore D:

UberNinja
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Weapons with lower ego do less dmg to higher mobs...

That's why you never stick to one. Once you max level a weapon you have to switch to a new weapon in order to keep leveling your weapon category

Schiefer
04-03-2013, 08:40 AM
i already made related thread in pc section - it was in patch notes... which kind of sucks.. it was nerfed way too much. Another weapon group that becoems useless.. liek pistols and rocket launchers.

IT wasnt onl ydamage.. reload speed, clip size and attack speed also.

my pistol and rocket launcher both deal amazing damage on PvE and PvP o.O i have both in separate loadouts and use them quite frequently (and smash with them in PvP constantly, especially the rocket launcher)

HexCaliber
04-03-2013, 08:49 AM
my pistol and rocket launcher both deal amazing damage on PvE and PvP o.O i have both in separate loadouts and use them quite frequently (and smash with them in PvP constantly, especially the rocket launcher)

Agreed, pistols do some of the highest damage in game, my current blue pistol does more dps than my purple assault rifle that's 50 ego higher, the reload time is not really an issue either, as you gain pistol levels your reload rate increases.

I also have a rocket launcher in my third load out along with a BMG, and the preparedness perk, I can fire off four rockets switch to the BMG, and after a single cycle my rocket launcher mag is full again, I use it for bosses and arkfalls now and never run out of ammo.

Schiefer
04-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Agreed, pistols do some of the highest damage in game, my current blue pistol does more dps than my purple assault rifle that's 50 ego higher, the reload time is not really an issue either, as you gain pistol levels your reload rate increases.

I also have a rocket launcher in my third load out along with a BMG, and the preparedness perk, I can fire off four rockets switch to the BMG, and after a single cycle my rocket launcher mag is full again, I use it for bosses and arkfalls now and never run out of ammo.

Exactly, guns are all pretty much balanced from how i see it, there all situational and amazing at certain things.

voigt
04-03-2013, 09:38 AM
My detonator when from 1300dmg to 800dmg after the patch.