PDA

View Full Version : [PC][RP - Guild Idea] The Hellbug Legion [Please read]

Rousel
01-31-2013, 05:31 AM
Hello there community,

I am putting this on the forums as a pre-development thread, as in, I want to get some opinions before I actually formulate any thing, also I look to see the potential number base for such.

What is the Hellbug Legion?

The Hellbug Legion is a formulation of the new inhabitants of the New Earth, mostly founding on survivors of the Pale War, these battle Hardened Veterans have put race, gender and cast aside to form some thing new, some thing more then what life dictates for them.

The Hellbug Legion is a Private Army / Mercenary Core that looks to make credits the honest way.

What kind of Roleplay can be expected?

The Roleplay I look to form for the Hellbug Legion will have two main sources:

Source one: The In-game PvE content, be this repeatable missions to Ark Falls, the Hellbug Legion will do them all, any thing to fund their course, you can expect to see the Hellbug Legion defending towns and storming infested mines, patrolling the land as they safe guard their territory along with Convoys of goods and expanding our territory.

Source two: As Defiance is a two part development, both TV and MMO, so must one influence the other, this includes us, from spreading news among the ranks to In-character responses to situations, from a certain town being killed off where a characters parents lived, the little sparks of Drama that let you know you're in a persistent world.

And as a rule, I do think we will have more In-character events on the move then sat around a bar, I do not feel this game supports this, but in good old Roleplay fashion, mechanics never stop us, so I will look to have social nights also, returning from a mission to blow of some steam, from drunken fights to drunken nights, but that's for you to work out.

So as you've read, that's the idea I have in mind and I look to expand on this to make a community of my own, because I do not believe in hoarding the RP just to our selves, but in the same respect, given the amount of people who will not be Roleplayers, I do think some meta-agreement will need to be met.

Feel free to post your thoughts in this Forum, bump it some and bring the good input.

Rousel
01-31-2013, 10:54 AM
On a additonal note, I was thinking hiring our selves out to Ark Hunters, helping them secure technologies along with the idea then, of Ark Hunters / Corps paying us to take out other Ark Hunters. (PvP)

Yooji
01-31-2013, 02:43 PM
I fully support this idea. I always liked the idea on putting a bounty on someone's head :) makes open world PVP so much more interesting ^^ best of luck to you! and if you ever need a helping hand shoot me a PM :D

Rousel
01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
I fully support this idea. I always liked the idea on putting a bounty on someone's head :) makes open world PVP so much more interesting ^^ best of luck to you! and if you ever need a helping hand shoot me a PM :D

Much appreciated Yooji!

I am welcome to all manner of aid, even just spin balling of some ideas!

Yooji
01-31-2013, 03:18 PM
Much appreciated Yooji!

I am welcome to all manner of aid, even just spin balling of some ideas!

I also have this idea floating in my head of a smartphone app where you could see a list of active bounties and such, even a little website would do :3

Rousel
01-31-2013, 03:21 PM
I also have this idea floating in my head of a smartphone app where you could see a list of active bounties and such, even a little website would do :3

These of course would have to be agreed OOC'ly, for a RP aspect that is, while it is fun to just pay people to kill people....

But here we are talking about Roleplayers, their story and their character, to this character deaths has to be agreed with, unlike life, we give each other a lot of self-control as to what happens to us.

Rousel
01-31-2013, 06:02 PM

But for a guild system, it would be great to make a list of allies / enemies! :D

Rousel
02-02-2013, 12:04 PM
A shame people lost interest in commenting, what can we do to keep the topic flowing?

case013
02-02-2013, 01:15 PM
It does sounds like a pretty good idea. Doesnt even have to be a huge guild. Most merc groups are kinda small anyways. Gf and I are going to be playing on 360. We plan on running as a couple in game as well. Should make some interesting dynamics to bring to group.

snippax
02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
I thought this was a cool idea for a guild and I hope you guys get it up and running. This is just something I made in support
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/825/hl1o.png

Rousel
02-03-2013, 03:20 AM
I thought this was a cool idea for a guild and I hope you guys get it up and running. This is just something I made in support
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/825/hl1o.png

Holy bejeez!

That's awesome and is exactly what kind of image I had in mind for the logo, I love the H and J reverse joined!

Again, that's awesome, would I be okay to use that?

Thanks!

:D

Rousel
02-03-2013, 04:03 AM
Okay! So from a idea on my other thread, 1: I went ahead and used your logo, two: I made a Forum!

http://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk/

Rousel
02-03-2013, 12:55 PM
So now the forum is up, going to add some more ideas and get The Hellbug Legion onto there.

snippax
02-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Holy bejeez!

That's awesome and is exactly what kind of image I had in mind for the logo, I love the H and J reverse joined!

Again, that's awesome, would I be okay to use that?

Thanks!

:D

By all means, please feel free to use it as you please. I hope that the Hellbug Legion solidifies as an idea and becomes an awesome guild. If I was on PC I would definitely be joining you guys. :)

Rousel
02-03-2013, 01:07 PM
By all means, please feel free to use it as you please. I hope that the Hellbug Legion solidifies as an idea and becomes an awesome guild. If I was on PC I would definitely be joining you guys. :)

Hay there! Again, thanks for the graphic art and while you are not on the PC, you can feel free to jump on your PC and join in on the Community Roleplay forums and add content there!

http://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk/ Take a browse and enjoy!

Rousel
02-04-2013, 11:56 AM
Hay there! Again, thanks for the graphic art and while you are not on the PC, you can feel free to jump on your PC and join in on the Community Roleplay forums and add content there!

http://defiancerp.forumotion.co.uk/ Take a browse and enjoy!

The title above was used to fully with voice recognition, I am wondering if it is worth spending time to improve the voice recognition so that I can dictate full role playing stories, it takes no time at all to tell it's what to type, but I find it funny that some times its makes up its own sentences.

Vendrahga
02-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Your idea sounds cool, are you looking to build your guild on UK servers or US? I have been into RP way back when it was done on table top with dice ;) and then carried it into several MMO's. I had a RP guild in WoW that I ran for many years. The reason I ask is your guild piques my interest but Im afraid I would be playing on US servers though. This is assuming of course there are separate servers by region.