PDA

View Full Version : Some credit where it's due.

Bonehead
06-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Thank you Trion for the changes you have made in the forum communication policies that have had the end result of giving us PhantasieTrion, Kiwibird, and Scapes.

It really makes liking this game a way lot easier.

From where I sit it might be the best decision you as a company have ever made.
Okay that might be a tad bit over the top but well done anyway.

Odessa
06-10-2014, 01:23 PM
I agree. Even when there is a missed communication, it's a nice change to see acknowledgement and an explanation. GM Domitasia also deserves props for trying to get through all the issues and responding quickly.

Defiance has a tough crowd to work with... but it's because of the love for the game.

Error404
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Personally, I've felt communication recently has been excellent on the part of community team. On the dev team, however, it's like they just don't care or listen to anything we say, or they do listen, then like some spoilt two year old, do the exact opposite just to spite us.

Etaew
06-10-2014, 01:26 PM
They do sometimes deserve a hug and encouragement :)

Iceberg
06-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Personally, I've felt communication recently has been excellent on the part of community team. On the dev team, however, it's like they just don't care or listen to anything we say, or they do listen, then like some spoilt two year old, do the exact opposite just to spite us.

phantasietrion is labeled as a dev here on the forums.

Bonehead
06-10-2014, 01:32 PM
They do sometimes deserve a hug and encouragement :)

And flowers!

https://www.800florals.com/img/TW490.jpg

And Candy!!

http://novelsalive.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/chocolates.jpg

Error404
06-10-2014, 01:32 PM
phantasietrion is labeled as a dev here on the forums.

My point stands. Whilst Phantasie's communication has been excellent, I'm rather sure feedback has been outright ignored. We've been suggesting the test server be used now for bug testing for a loooooong time.

This is actually the first piece of 'content' they've delayed in favour of getting it right. And seeing as all the paid content is already out and it's a year past release date, that is a depressing statement.

Alexri
06-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Yeah, they deserve some praise for their work. Still have nightmares about how it used to be, where everything was swept under the rug. Cutting away the BS and giving answers an actual human would give is how communication should work, and that's better in every case, even if you don't get the answers you wanted.

Live chat/ticket people still bad. Misinformed, give misinformation, continuously paste the same random crap over and over ("I can certainly understand how that can be frustrating")

dramaQkarri
06-10-2014, 02:12 PM
My point stands. Whilst Phantasie's communication has been excellent, I'm rather sure feedback has been outright ignored. We've been suggesting the test server be used now for bug testing for a loooooong time.

This is actually the first piece of 'content' they've delayed in favour of getting it right. And seeing as all the paid content is already out and it's a year past release date, that is a depressing statement.

You're not wrong - what the majority of player base wants seems to be ignored. BUT (BIG BUTT) as I've been on the forums over a year now, I remember the outright bs we were once fed. The current team is a vast improvement. A lot faster to speak to us and lot more honest about it too.

CRIXDA
06-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Good and valid points across the board here, the line between company and community is much closer than it has ever been and that is always a good thing. Nicely stated and very concise, folks.

Z0mb1E
06-10-2014, 07:50 PM
Thank you Trion for the changes you have made in the forum communication policies that have had the end result of giving us PhantasieTrion, Kiwibird, and Scapes.

It really makes liking this game a way lot easier.

From where I sit it might be the best decision you as a company have ever made.
Okay that might be a tad bit over the top but well done anyway.

They should come play with us during the half life event this year.

Atticus Batman
06-10-2014, 07:51 PM
I know he has only posted a couple time so most don't know of him but Deadghost is another Dev that is trying to help.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160867-Chat-history-can-we-get-a-time-stamp&p=1506515

Z0mb1E
06-10-2014, 07:53 PM
You're not wrong - what the majority of player base wants seems to be ignored. BUT (BIG BUTT) as I've been on the forums over a year now, I remember the outright bs we were once fed. The current team is a vast improvement. A lot faster to speak to us and lot more honest about it too.

Totally agree with all of this, the current team is far and away and world of difference from the last, aren't as quick to lock threads when challenged or criticized, and from their own actions really care about this community. At least they're in this with us.