PDA

View Full Version : Report abusive player function?

GuzziHero
06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Right now on PC US there is a user named **** using abuse in chat. The abuse includes homophobic and racist language.

Where is the report function?

Shadow Andreas
06-10-2014, 02:05 PM
If I were you I would remove the players name from your post, it is a violation of the forum rules. The report function is in the wheel menu under support I believe.

CM Kiwibird
06-10-2014, 02:13 PM
Hey there - please don't post the name of the user in question. You can report players using the in game ticketing system. (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1494)

GuzziHero
06-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Ok cheers, and sorry about the name and shame. The user has logged off now, but I'll make a note of how to report for future reference.

EternalRain
06-10-2014, 02:45 PM
If I had a nickel for every time I saw "abusive" language on the XBL servers...id have a lot of nickels!

Fys
06-10-2014, 02:50 PM
I've never understood the rule against naming and shaming. People used to have to protect their reputations if they wanted to play with others.

If it got out that you were a griefer, a ninja looter, or any other sort of unsavory person, people would not want to group with you and you'd have a hard time doing anything. So the smart people didn't behave like that.

Bonehead
06-10-2014, 02:55 PM
I've never understood the rule against naming and shaming. People used to have to protect their reputations if they wanted to play with others.

If it got out that you were a griefer, a ninja looter, or any other sort of unsavory person, people would not want to group with you and you'd have a hard time doing anything. So the smart people didn't behave like that.

So you would be okay with people saying that about you on these forums?

Fys
06-10-2014, 02:59 PM
If I was that kind of person, I'd deserve it. It often got out that false accusations were just that. Of course, this is going back to the old EQ days when server communities were *much* tighter. We knew who the liars were.

Deunan
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM
I've never understood the rule against naming and shaming. People used to have to protect their reputations if they wanted to play with others.You don't understand why there would be a rule against making open unverified accusations against a player on the official publicly displayed forums of an MMO? Players should not have to protect their names against defamation.

The only reason to go public on a forum with those kind of claims is if you have an ulterior agenda. The game has in game private reporting features. The GM's can verify chat violations easily by going through the chat logs. Almost everything else is subjective as to whether it's considered harassment, i.e. griefing, unless an actual griefer is stupid enough to verify intent through text chat. Deserved bad reputations for players in older MMOs were the result of shared observations within the player community and dissemination of the same through in game private chat.

It really doesn't have as much impact in this kind of game as those MMOs where progression was heavily impeded if you didn't actually group up, and raiding existed with similar requirements that you actually group up. In those kinds of games griefers were more often than not put on internal player administrated black lists and denied access to so much content that they were relegated to being scrubs forever if they even bothered to stick with the game. Nothing like that will ever happen in this game because of the way the content and mechanics are structured. That's the only reason why the player community for this game will never be able to do much in terms of dealing with griefers. It has nothing to do with the older MMO communities being "tighter". They wouldn't have been able to do any better under the same conditions.

tetiona
06-10-2014, 03:52 PM

agreed, no accountability today.

Iceberg
06-10-2014, 04:42 PM
So you would be okay with people saying that about you on these forums?

Not like a whole lot of the player base comes to these forums.

Bonehead
06-10-2014, 04:52 PM

True enough.

Odessa
06-10-2014, 04:53 PM

Definitely not the ones who show up in the Warmaster. #bitterbettyaisleone