PDA

View Full Version : Patch 2.006 Now on PTS

Scapes
06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
Help us test Patch 2.006 before it hits the live server!

This update is now available on the Public Test Server which can be accessed from the regional dropdown menu in Glyph. Note that this will require a full download of the game client (~14GB). Once in, please thoroughly test the Upgrade Rarity function of the Salvage Matrix with shields and weapons of all kinds. We've provided the following PTS-only code to apply in-game to grant 1000 arkforge: JC39-92NM-P6G7-TGG7-TCZJ (EGO -> Defiance Store -> Redeem Code -> Submit)

Be sure to share your feedback on the forums (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server).

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Does this mean, even if we have the PTS already installed, we have to download 14gb again?
Because then some of my friends and me cannot test it. Our internet is far too slow for it.

Tekrunner
06-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Yeah, uh, hope you have enough dedicated players with fast internets, because I know I'm just not doing this. 14 GB for a one-day test is just not reasonable.

Roez
06-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Yeah, uh, hope you have enough dedicated players with fast internets, because I'm just not doing this. 14 GB for a one-day test is just not reasonable.

I"ve been steady over 6.0 MB/s down. We'll get this puppy tested.

Market
06-10-2014, 02:39 PM
I'm unable to use the old patcher to get to an update stage. I figured I'd at least start the process while I was doing other things around the house, but it doesn't seem to be working for me using the old system.

I didn't think to post it here, I added a thread to the PTS section.

Scapes
06-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Does this mean, even if we have the PTS already installed, we have to download 14gb again?

Yes, because it's a full patch. First time we've updated PTS in a while.

I'm unable to use the old patcher to get to an update stage.

That's odd, worked here in the shop. Immediate fix is to use Glyph.

EDIT: If it's an entitlement issue, that's something we should be able to resolve.

Alexri
06-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Been on PTR for about half an hour and upgraded a vendor EMC service rifle to purple and a THorn Liro charge sniper to orange. No issue with retaining bonuses etc so far.

Very hard to really test fully though when we're only given 1000 arkforge.

Market
06-10-2014, 02:52 PM
That's odd, worked here in the shop. Immediate fix is to use Glyph.

EDIT: If it's an entitlement issue, that's something we should be able to resolve.

Well, I am pretty entitled... haha

I'm updating through Glyph right now and it's giving me a 6 hour ETA on updating. I'm good with that because I've been neglecting some housework due to this infernal game... ;)

Alexri
06-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I gave up and quit the PTR. 1000 arkforge that isnt per-character, so when I made a new char to try to upgrade weirdo weapons like the Firestorm I had no arkforge to do so.

I'm all for helping with testing, but give us the tools we need, not a pocket knife to the job of an excavator

BIEBERyoloSWAG
06-10-2014, 03:04 PM
Ok sounds like it's working. Load up this patch onto xbox tonight please.

Market
06-10-2014, 03:07 PM
I was pondering the Arkforge situation when it was first posted that testers would be getting 1000 AF to use on the PTS and now what Alexri has to say has me thinking further.

Is there a chance we could possibly get a multiple of 10 on that? If I remember correctly, there was a 4000 Bit grant given during the Beta tests to ensure the Bit store was working properly. Perhaps something like that could be done here?

I'm all for this patch testing, I think it's incredible that we're finally able to thoroughly vet an update. It's something people around here have been begging for since release and is a long stride in the right direction. However, we need the ability to truly put this thing through some paces if you want real feedback on it.

We won't be able to take it to the live game, there's nothing to lose here by doing so. Only data to be gained.

Please consider this! :)

PhantasieTrion
06-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Good point guys. We are updating the arkforge to be 10x amount.

This will only work for that that have not already used the code. For those that have, PM me and I'll manually grant you some.

Holy Bahamut3
06-10-2014, 03:30 PM
I'll jump on tonight to play test with you guys.

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 03:33 PM
Yes, because it's a full patch. First time we've updated PTS in a while.

Thanks for the answer. Maybe I'll let it download while I am asleep tonight.
Last question though: If you decide to use the PTS sometime in the future again, will we have to redownload the whole thing again or just the new thing which will get patched?

Market
06-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Good point guys. We are updating the arkforge to be 10x amount.

This will only work for that that have not already used the code. For those that have, PM me and I'll manually grant you some.

You. Rock. Full stop.

Xaat Xuun
06-10-2014, 03:49 PM
wish I could just copy my Defiance folder, and swap what ever it is I need to access the test server in the folder

PhantasieTrion
06-10-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the answer. Maybe I'll let it download while I am asleep tonight.
Last question though: If you decide to use the PTS sometime in the future again, will we have to redownload the whole thing again or just the new thing which will get patched?

Without getting too much into our patching, a full DL is required each time we push a new major update to PTS (ie DLC, etc).
Subsequent updates to that do not require a full download.

Fixing it would be nice, but its low on the priority scale.

Fuzzy
06-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Without getting too much into our patching, a full DL is required each time we push a new major update to PTS (ie DLC, etc).
Subsequent updates to that do not require a full download.

Fixing it would be nice, but its low on the priority scale.

Thanks for the quick answer, though I played on the PTS since the second DLC and I never really had to redownload the whole game again.
That's why I was surprised that we need to redownload it again :)

tetiona
06-10-2014, 04:01 PM
"log in Successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE....."

Market
06-10-2014, 04:35 PM
"log in Successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE....."

I had this very same issue. PhantasieTrion commented on it here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?162817-Login-successful-but...), you're going to need the Glyph launcher in order to log in. It's a quick, easy install and pretty easy to use.

tetiona
06-10-2014, 04:36 PM
That was with glyph

Xervez
06-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Tested a purple zagger, it became OJ and got .70 reload on it now.

Tested a purple shield Ironclad Regen IV EX, it became OJ Ironclad Regen IV EX with 3 base armor plates.

Tested a green Needler, it became blue and got the 0.85 reload, the Cannoneer Syn / mods stayed in it

Tested a Purple Sniper, got a purple roll, and Grenadier Syn / Mods in it stayed the same.

Tested a Purple Big Boomer with 2 damage rolls already on it, rolled the OJ Damage 1.10 roll on it now

So far so good...

Still doing more testing but it looks promising, also someone on the PTS with me said Daily / Weekly lockbox boosts are also working now.

Tested a Purple QM Zagger, got a OJ Zagger back with 0.70 reload roll on it

Tested a Purple Rebel IV Shield got a OJ Rebel IV Shield back but with 3 armor plates and a 2.25 delay ( thought I would get a V shield but I guess not)

Tested a blue Needler, it became purple and got the purple roll, the Cannoneer Syn / mods stayed in it

Iceberg
06-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Anyone got the chance to test out shields if they give the 3 armor plates yet?

VioletSongJat
06-10-2014, 04:58 PM
I tried to login to the test server, but it told me no.

Exact message. "Login successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE. Please contact Trion Worlds Support."

This is funny because I was testing for most of the DLCs you had on the test server.

BJWyler
06-10-2014, 05:00 PM
I tried to login to the test server, but it told me no.

Exact message. "Login successful but this account is not entitled to play DEFIANCE. Please contact Trion Worlds Support."

This is funny because I was testing for most of the DLCs you had on the test server.

Me too, and I tried to launch it through Glyph, but it won't let me - it will only launch the live client.

Roez
06-10-2014, 05:37 PM
The 2 hour boost from patrons is working when you open the daily bag thing. I'm sure it will be announced, but people will want to be aware it starts immediately. It doesn't go into claims so you can use it later. No complaints, just a thing I noticed because I opened mine and then had to do things IRL, and the timer is running.

Still working on rarity up grades.

Roez
06-10-2014, 05:41 PM

I'm only low level (started a new character), but I've done 3 upgrades so far (green > blue > purple > OJ), and they all worked fine. I'm playing too, and they seem to be working correctly.

bk_707
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
I got on and used some of the 10000 arkforge to upgrade various weapons and a shield. Everything seemed to upgrade correctly, none of the mods were lost, the synergy stayed the same, as well as all the original rolls.

Here is what I upgraded, what they started out and what they finished:

My character is ego 5137

Extra Life Ironclad Rearm IV EX (Purple)/(Orange)
EGO 4000 Upgraded the rating to 5100
+1 % ammo regen when shield breaks. Cooldown: 5 seconds
Capacity 15107 (EGO 4000) 19948 (EGO 5100) 20226 (Orange)
Recharge/Sec 10%
Recharge Delay 6
Armor Plates 2 (Purple) 3 (Orange)

Zagger (Green)/(Orange)
EGO 5121
Synergy Stalker (Unchanged)
x0.95 Reload (White)
x0.90 Reload (Green)
x0.85 Reload (Blue)
10% EGO power recharge on full reload (Purple)
x0.70 Reload (Orange)
DMG 2953x8 (Green) 3208x8 (Orange)
Fire Rate 1.6
Mag 2
Reload 1.0 (Green) .4 (Orange)
Accuracy 10.0
Bloom 0.0

Extra Lifesteal Rifle (Purple)/(Orange)
EGO 5100
Nano: Syphon
Synergy: Nano-mastery
x0.85 Reload (White)
x0.90 Reload (Green)
x1.20 Crit Mult (Blue)
10% EGO power recharge on critical kill (Purple)
x1.10 DMG Reload (Orange)
DMG 15631 (Purple) 17975 (Orange)
Fire Rate .8
Mag 11
Reload 1.6
Crit Mult 3.8x
Bloom 2.85

Extra Lifesteal Machine Gun (Purple)/(Orange)
EGO 5100
Nano: Syphon
Synergy: Nano-mastery
x0.85 Reload (White)
x0.90 Reload (Green)
x1.25 Crit Mult (Blue)
25% of stowed weapon clip reloaded on a kill (Purple)
x1.10 DMG (Orange)
DMG 2279 (Purple) 2620 (Orange)
Fire Rate 14.0
Mag 168
Reload 3.5
Crit Mult 1.7x
Bloom 0.14

Proliferator (Purple)/(Orange)
EGO 5046
Synergy: Quartermaster
x0.85 Reload (White)
x0.90 Reload (Green)
x0.85 Reload (Blue)
10% EGO power recharge on full reload (Purple)
x1.10 Fire Rate (Orange)
DMG 63 (Purple) 66 (Orange)
Fire Rate 8.1 (Purple) 8.8 (Orange)
Mag 22
Reload 1.4 (Purple) 1.1 (Orange)
Bug DMG 5256 (Purple) 5356 (Orange)
Homing Range 24

Some of these weapons already had mods on them, so these numbers are for the modded weapon.

Market
06-10-2014, 11:51 PM

Yes, and so far it's been working properly for the people who've chimed in on a test thread.

2.006 Test - Rarity Upgrade list (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?162827-2.006-Test-Rarity-Upgrade-list)

drackiller
06-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Is it available for download still ? I would love to make a try and help.

Market
06-11-2014, 12:18 AM
It's still running currently, Drac! I would imagine it's still available.

Alexri
06-11-2014, 03:00 AM
Tried vendor weapons, shields, normal weapons, and even the VBI Firestorm AR from season 1 codes. All have worked

drackiller
06-11-2014, 03:12 AM
It's still running currently, Drac! I would imagine it's still available.

Ok Ty, i`ll give it a try then :)

OverDoneOne
06-11-2014, 05:39 AM
Help us test Patch 2.006 before it hits the live server!

This update is now available on the Public Test Server which can be accessed from the regional dropdown menu in Glyph. Note that this will require a full download of the game client (~14GB). Once in, please thoroughly test the Upgrade Rarity function of the Salvage Matrix with shields and weapons of all kinds. We've provided the following PTS-only code to apply in-game to grant 1000 arkforge: JC39-92NM-P6G7-TGG7-TCZJ (EGO -> Defiance Store -> Redeem Code -> Submit)

Be sure to share your feedback on the forums (http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?83-Defiance-Alpha-Test-Server).

Ok woke up came here saw this thread and thought oh cool finally I get to see how this rarity upgrade works.

So I log in to my alpha test server account and I get a little oblong box that says;

Login Successful but this account is not entitled to play defiance.

That's odd was just playing defiance yesterday on the NA servers and was last in alpha server for 1500 test I think its was. I give up me and trion are like sandpaper and oranges just a big mess.

BTW I didn't use the glyph thing maybe that's it, but I don't want anymore bloatware on my machine .!.

drackiller
06-11-2014, 06:32 AM
I was willing to download the client but it`s not showing up to me in the manage games part :( Definitely PC is not for me.

spweasel
06-11-2014, 06:56 AM
Did some testing from a new character, everything seems sane for the most part. Some bugs/oddities:

1. Screen resolution was a bit borked on first login. It tried to default to a Windowed Fullscreen 1080p, but everything was sized more like a 720p display. Switching to Fullscreen mode caused a black screen freeze (but everything was normal once I relogged, including once I switched back to Fullscreen Windowed).

2. EGO wouldn't shut up about Varus' contract that pays more than normal (Episode 2-2), repeating the dialog every couple minutes.

3. The VBI Defense Screen cannot be upgraded; probably intentional (there would presumably be no benefit in upgrading it aside from the extra armor Plates), but weird nonetheless.

4. The message telling the player that Rarity Upgrade is available has null/default text claiming that [% Name] was unlocked.

Alexri
06-11-2014, 07:03 AM
Riziyo blade has no rarity upgrade option. Don't know if that's intentional

VBI vendor no longer has EMC service rifles, don't know if that's because of low EGO

OverDoneOne
06-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Darn I bit the bullet and got this glyph and now have to download the PTS all over again even tho its already on my machine.

But anyways while I am here; is there any ETA of when trion will Force Us All To Use This glyph Thing, you know like now we can log into Defiance from the patcher and don't really have to use the glyph and oh btw this glyph is beta and two words that don't mix well are trion and beta. Always a Scary Thought and Experience

Oh yeah downloading PTS and its doin a steady 3.44mb dl entill the last 3 gig and it cuts back down to 786kbs and the time goes from 20 minutes to finish to 3 hours.

This glyph thing is already a pain and since we are forced to use it to use PTS, you know soon they will force us all to use it to login the servers of Defiance Live

thejokerr
01-22-2015, 09:02 AM
cc arkfall below the fork keeps disappearing when you get close to the area. It has disappeared twice now. no one is in the area when we arrive.

Grandpa Ace
01-22-2015, 12:17 PM
Never done this...will this mess up my PS3 character?
V/r
GPA

Mister Derpenhowser
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
This is quite an old thread, just a heads up.

Xaat Xuun
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
you guys shouldn't scare me like that
reviving a 6 month old post like that, 'bout had a stroke .. till I read the dates

xVirus
01-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Kewl story. Lets get it out and done already :)