PDA

View Full Version : Does Trion refund bits?

Zealous
06-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Wasn't able to find a thread with a similiar issue, so here goes. I bought 400 bits with the intent of getting score boosts, and accidentally spent 240 on a tier 3 lockbox when I was trying to use keycodes. I'm not interested in a full refund, I'd just like the 240 bits back so I can use them on the score boosts I intended.

I've heard horror stories about Trion support, so I was curious if anyone has had the same problem and whether they got help, or if I should just assume the bits are lost and be more careful going forward.

Whisky Tango
06-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Honestly, I have done this before. I just rolled with the punch and was more careful. However, I have done it several times after that. Honestly, I do not think you will get a refund but it does not hurt to try. Do a Live Chat when it opens.

Atticus Batman
06-11-2014, 02:55 AM
Honestly, I have done this before. I just rolled with the punch and was more careful. However, I have done it several times after that. Honestly, I do not think you will get a refund but it does not hurt to try. Do a Live Chat when it opens.

The community team recently said that if you have the scrip and keycodes on your character to buy the boxes, then youcan contact support and they will refund your bits, and take the keys and scrip instead. However, I have not bothered trying so I am not sure.

Zealous
06-11-2014, 02:57 AM
The community team recently said that if you have the scrip and keycodes on your character to buy the boxes, then youcan contact support and they will refund your bits, and take the keys and scrip instead. However, I have not bothered trying so I am not sure.

Interesting. Well, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and try it I suppose. I'll post here after I find out one way or another for posterity's sake.

Coyote Clive
06-11-2014, 05:49 AM
They did refund my bits when I accidentally bought a raptor when I already had one in my inventory.

squidgod2000
06-11-2014, 06:11 AM
Seems unlikely. You have to ask yourself: If the box was full of legendaries, would you still ask for a refund because you meant to buy boosts? If I were the CSR, I'd assume you bought the lockbox for bits--intentionally--didn't get anything good and now want your bits back.

jdbeta
06-11-2014, 12:26 PM
Seems unlikely. You have to ask yourself: If the box was full of legendaries, would you still ask for a refund because you meant to buy boosts? If I were the CSR, I'd assume you bought the lockbox for bits--intentionally--didn't get anything good and now want your bits back.

You assume wrong and probably never had bits to make that mistake. The error comes from the buy with resources and script or buy with bits being one click away from each other making it super easy when buying mass T2 locks to click the wrong one. They need to move buy with bits far away from the buy with resources option. I have not done it yet but i know one day i will and everytime i buy locks I always check to make sure I did not use bits.

CM Kiwibird
06-11-2014, 12:37 PM
As long as you report it ASAP and haven't used the item that you've accidentally purchased, we do normally refund accidental bit purchases.

rebtattoo
06-11-2014, 12:40 PM
As long as you report it ASAP and haven't used the item that you've accidentally purchased, we do normally refund accidental bit purchases.This seems to be an on-going issue. The "buy with bits" option. Won't elude to anything further, as most know what I'm saying...

bigguy
06-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I went live chat yesterday and that was one of the issues i had i was told that it was over a month ago and they couldnt do anything for something like that since it happened over a month ago. I did not mention that it took me over a month because i ended up in the hospital having an emergency gall bladder removal operation and in the several weeks of recovery i realized it had happened and i had forgotten.
Anyway if its been less than a month you should be ok just go live chat as soon as possible.

It is my personal opinion that this buy with bits option at the lockboxes in game shouldnt be there and should be removed as soon as possible.

rebtattoo
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
I went live chat yesterday and that was one of the issues i had i was told that it was over a month ago and they couldnt do anything for something like that since it happened over a month ago. I did not mention that it took me over a month because i ended up in the hospital having an emergency gall bladder removal operation and in the several weeks of recovery i realized it had happened and i had forgotten.
Anyway if its been less than a month you should be ok just go live chat as soon as possible.

It is my personal opinion that this buy with bits option at the lockboxes in game shouldnt be there and should be removed as soon as possible.Agreed. It won't happen though. "Cash grab" and all, ya know?...

CM Kiwibird
06-11-2014, 01:12 PM
Regarding the bits option, here's an update on that! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160911-Removing-Bit-Option-fro-Lock-Boxes-(or-at-LEAST-give-warning)&p=1509125&viewfull=1#post1509125) We're adding a confirmation box. :o

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
06-11-2014, 01:30 PM
Regarding the bits option, here's an update on that! (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160911-Removing-Bit-Option-fro-Lock-Boxes-(or-at-LEAST-give-warning)&p=1509125&viewfull=1#post1509125) We're adding a confirmation box. :o

its much appreciated that trion is doing something about this problem, but i wonder if you would explain WHY your adding a confirmation box instead of just removing the option from the lockbox. is it coding? do people want to be able to spend bits without going to the store? do you have to do a client change in both fix options, or only the one you chose to do?

Deathspawner
06-11-2014, 01:37 PM
Trion really needs to add an "Are you sure you want to use your Bits on this item?", because it's far too easy to do this. I've come close a couple of times, but haven't fallen victim.

For that matter, it's almost too easy to buy Bits, as well. I guess my information was stored from Rift a long time ago, and when buying some, I didn't even have to confirm anything.

Atticus Batman
06-11-2014, 04:36 PM
Trion really needs to add an "Are you sure you want to use your Bits on this item?", because it's far too easy to do this. I've come close a couple of times, but haven't fallen victim.

For that matter, it's almost too easy to buy Bits, as well. I guess my information was stored from Rift a long time ago, and when buying some, I didn't even have to confirm anything.

They are adding a confimirtion box. See 2 posts above yours. ^

wartitan
06-11-2014, 07:01 PM
As long as you report it ASAP and haven't used the item that you've accidentally purchased, we do normally refund accidental bit purchases.

I just did this today and was told I couldn't have my bits refunded! I've had this happen probably 5 times since starting to buy T2 boxes and was told it couldn't be done, but that I'd be given keys and scrip instead? I told them I didn't want keys and scrip, I wanted my bits back.

I made sure to let Ortox know that I wasn't mad with him, but am definitely frustrated with the fact that the bits option pops up seemingly at random when you're rapid-fire buying T2 boxes. Kiwi, expect a PM shortly with the transcript, would have been nice to know I could have gotten a refund (I already vended the crap I got, I've never intentionally bought boxes with bits and never will) :(

Zealous
06-12-2014, 07:53 AM
I just did this today and was told I couldn't have my bits refunded! I've had this happen probably 5 times since starting to buy T2 boxes and was told it couldn't be done, but that I'd be given keys and scrip instead? I told them I didn't want keys and scrip, I wanted my bits back.

That's odd...just got out of live chat with someone named Naalsaul or something to that effect. He/she just took the 24 keycodes I would have spent from my account and gave me the bits back. Now I'm going to spend all the bits on boosts so I don't make the same mistake again :rolleyes:

Perhaps the way you phrased it made them deny it? The person I talked to acted as if it was hardly the first time they had done it.

3rdpig
06-12-2014, 08:54 AM
I've always used a simple way to deal with it, when I buy bits I spend them immediately on what I bought them for and never, ever keep extra bits in inventory. They've made it way, way to easy to spend them accidentally.

Nice to see they're adding an "Are you sure?" confirmation, but I predict that it won't stop all accidental sales.

wartitan
06-12-2014, 09:10 AM
That's odd...just got out of live chat with someone named Naalsaul or something to that effect. He/she just took the 24 keycodes I would have spent from my account and gave me the bits back. Now I'm going to spend all the bits on boosts so I don't make the same mistake again :rolleyes:

Perhaps the way you phrased it made them deny it? The person I talked to acted as if it was hardly the first time they had done it.

I think it was the way it was worded to me, I just mis-read or mis-understood it. Hardly the fault of Ortox. Hoping this can still be remedied given that I have the transcript...if not, I'm going to avoid rapid purchasing t2 boxes until the confirmation box is put in. Hopefully before F2P goes live on consoles...

OttawaREDBLACKS
06-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Thankfully outside of the 400 bits I bought back in august which 240 of it was wasted on boxes, and the 400 I bought to increase my inventory and currently have a balance of 0. Even without bits it pisses me off that there have been hundreds of times that instead of buying the box it goes to buy it with bits. Simple as this if someone doesn't have something why give them the option to use it.

N3gativeCr33p
06-12-2014, 09:35 AM
I've always used a simple way to deal with it, when I buy bits I spend them immediately on what I bought them for and never, ever keep extra bits in inventory. They've made it way, way to easy to spend them accidentally.

Very same thing that I like to do.

Nice to see they're adding an "Are you sure?" confirmation, but I predict that it won't stop all accidental sales.

Seconded.

CM Kiwibird
06-12-2014, 11:31 AM
I told them I didn't want keys and scrip, I wanted my bits back.

I think there's some confusion going on here - they weren't trying to give you keys and scrip. They were just going to swap the currencies, as in, they were going to give you the bits back and take the correct currency for the lockbox. The correct currency being the keys and scrip. Sorry about the confusion!

wartitan
06-12-2014, 12:07 PM
I think there's some confusion going on here - they weren't trying to give you keys and scrip. They were just going to swap the currencies, as in, they were going to give you the bits back and take the correct currency for the lockbox. The correct currency being the keys and scrip. Sorry about the confusion!

Yeah, this was completely my misunderstanding. I didn't realize they could take keys and scrip from my character and return the bits. But GM Oberlon/Ortox (and Miss Kiwi) got me all straightened out after the confusion. Thank you so much!

CM Kiwibird
06-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Thank you so much!

No problem! Happy to help. :o

jdbeta
06-14-2014, 02:54 AM

He's right it is far to easy to buy bits, First time i did in-game I really did not want to and only wanted to see what the payment options where I could not believe my eyes when i clicked buy and it said payment successful I was shocked. Not even a box saying what payment option was used just instant purchase. If someone was able to get into my account they could cause alot of trouble.
All payments at almost every site requires atleast the security code from the back of the credit card or some form of security check. Makes me think if it is that easy to buy bits how easy would it be to impersonate someone and use there payment info.
This is a Extreme Security Issue that should be addressed A.S.A.P.

ConcreteSnake
06-14-2014, 06:07 AM
I hate how you can buy 3-4 boxes and only has yes or no as options, then on the 5th time they sneak in the buy with bits option, can we also get the position of of yes and buy with bits changed to help avoid it, if I had to press up twice to buy with bits this would never happen.