PDA

View Full Version : Rubberbanding players and enemys?

Protoss
06-11-2014, 05:58 PM
I know server architecture is different for every game but usually MMO's dont have the kind of rubber banding i am witnessing. Is this possibly on my end? A bug? Or is it a known thing that everyone just tolerates in the game.

Bonehead
06-11-2014, 07:29 PM
My guess is it's another symptom of the lag since f2p launched.

PseudoCool
06-11-2014, 08:30 PM
've been getting it a lot since F2P launched as well, as well as random vehicle despawns.

wartitan
06-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I haven't seen much rubberbanding, but I've been seeing open world phasing a bunch since 2.006 went live (had only seen enemy phasing in co-ops before). I logged out and logged back in, which resolved the issue thus far. So not sure if it was just my client out of synch or what...

PseudoCool
06-12-2014, 08:44 AM
and today, after yesterdays patch.. almost no lag and no rubber banding.

Granted, there are a TON of level 300 or 400 players doing Sieges and DM Arkfalls in San Fran that don't have a clue how to do them and refuse to listen to any helpful suggestions. I've pointed them all to the forums to learn how to play better and things like which enemies to take down first and how to rapidly beat the DM Monolith at the DM Arkfalls.. so hopefully a few of them will show up and get with the program instead of running around and dragging aggro everywhere to get everyone kills.. oh.. and popping the Ego boost spikes when there's NOTHING to shoot.. *SMH*

Protoss
06-12-2014, 09:24 AM

Granted, there are a TON of level 300 or 400 players doing Sieges and DM Arkfalls in San Fran that don't have a clue how to do them and refuse to listen to any helpful suggestions. I've pointed them all to the forums to learn how to play better and things like which enemies to take down first and how to rapidly beat the DM Monolith at the DM Arkfalls.. so hopefully a few of them will show up and get with the program instead of running around and dragging aggro everywhere to get everyone kills.. oh.. and popping the Ego boost spikes when there's NOTHING to shoot.. *SMH*

You might be right, lag has been reduced, movement is a bit smoother. But still, not gone. A good fast patch and kudos to trion for that.

Granted, i just got the game 2 days ago. Speaking of which, should i just go around and do objectives and whatever to level up? Or should i focus on seasons? A bit lost, but having fun anyways.

Still trying to figure out how to add mods to things as well

PseudoCool
06-12-2014, 10:21 AM
You might be right, lag has been reduced, movement is a bit smoother. But still, not gone. A good fast patch and kudos to trion for that.

Granted, i just got the game 2 days ago. Speaking of which, should i just go around and do objectives and whatever to level up? Or should i focus on seasons? A bit lost, but having fun anyways.

Still trying to figure out how to add mods to things as well

You'll want to get the season missions done soon. They are limited time engagements, and will be taken down at some point in the future (as they always have been). It's good content, even if its short, and has good drops. After that, work the story line. I found it pretty good from start to finish. Now, that being said, if your just racing for the "end game".. avoid it all and just do arkfalls, sieges, and work on your pursuits. It really depends on what YOU want to get from the whole Defiance experience.

Roez
06-12-2014, 10:26 AM

Granted, there are a TON of level 300 or 400 players doing Sieges and DM Arkfalls in San Fran that don't have a clue how to do them and refuse to listen to any helpful suggestions.

Talk about doing a 180 during a conversation. I lol'd. <3

Odessa
06-12-2014, 11:55 AM

Do you make it to SF at that EGO or do you think they had someone open up the area for them? It would be nice if they were given a tad more information form those people if it's the latter. I seem to see a lot more lower EGOs on the XBox, which I'm assuming are the last minute buys to get the extras. Nothing like running around the corner at North Point Mine, only to be ground slammed because someone decided it would be spiffy to Aggro five Troopers at point blank range.

Welcome to Defiance, Protoss. PseudoCool is on the money for the episodic missions. I spent a great deal of time running around doing Arkfalls, Incursions and Emergencies while leveling up various weapons and did the story here and there. But my play style is to roam about and explore as opposed to pushing through the missions.

Protoss
06-12-2014, 12:04 PM
You'll want to get the season missions done soon. They are limited time engagements, and will be taken down at some point in the future (as they always have been). It's good content, even if its short, and has good drops. After that, work the story line. I found it pretty good from start to finish. Now, that being said, if your just racing for the "end game".. avoid it all and just do arkfalls, sieges, and work on your pursuits. It really depends on what YOU want to get from the whole Defiance experience.

Honestly i just want to take the path that provides the most entertainment and fun. I also want to progress at a reasonable rate. I'm not really into doing something 300 times just because it will get me to end game faster.

Odessa
06-12-2014, 12:14 PM
Honestly i just want to take the path that provides the most entertainment and fun. I also want to progress at a reasonable rate. I'm not really into doing something 300 times just because it will get me to end game faster.

The episodic missions will give you pursuits and raise your EGO, so I'd definitely suggest doing them before they're removed. The rest is simply doing whatever you come across, which is what I did. Leveling is helpful when you need Perks open as well as backpack slots. Going through the various pursuits just to see what's expected as well as how you are doing is helpful. Once you start leveling past a certain level you will get more coop maps open to you. While you can always start them with a friend, it's nice to have the option to jump in on your time. :)