PDA

View Full Version : Where To Report 'Racist'?

Dukhat
06-12-2014, 12:36 AM
Howdy greet peeps,

Saw someone repeatedly saying "Heil Hitler" in the chat.
Where & how to report him? I have a screenshot of both his account & character name, whilst he is saying it.

This is utterly unacceptable, so where do I report him, if you please?
Just trying to keep the community clean & friendly!

Much greetings,
Dukhat

Griffix8
06-12-2014, 12:44 AM
You can report players using the in game ticketing system. (https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1494)
Was the person being serious about it or were they just joking?

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
06-12-2014, 01:05 AM
Howdy greet peeps,

Saw someone repeatedly saying "Heil Hitler" in the chat.
Where & how to report him? I have a screenshot of both his account & character name, whilst he is saying it.

This is utterly unacceptable, so where do I report him, if you please?
Just trying to keep the community clean & friendly!

Much greetings,
Dukhat

im not really sure what exactly it is you want to report. like griffix said, you can use the in game ticket system, but filing a report because someone kept typing out heil hitler really isnt racist, and really isnt a reportable offense that i know of.

Travie
06-12-2014, 01:07 AM
This would only be reportable if it got abusive or rose to the level of a real life threat.

Honestly, you're being ridiculous and should be more than a little embarrassed OP.

duction
06-12-2014, 01:07 AM
Just type in /report namehere

It puts them on ignore and reports them

drackiller
06-12-2014, 01:08 AM
I dunno man, for the looks of it it seems that it must have been some ahole provoking the German community ingame.
Remember that we have a big group of german players and there are always aholes for everything.

Noble_One
06-12-2014, 01:11 AM
actually you can report them for spam. you can block the person to so you dont have to see their chat. but there is an in game feature through the main menu.

Tekrunner
06-12-2014, 01:34 AM
Come on people, racism may or may not be the right term here, but praising nazism is a felony in a significant number of (european) countries, and it is at the very least very offensive, whether the person means it or not.

You can report the person with the chat command that duction game, or you can do it with the same form where you can report bugs. If you use the form you can paste links to your screenshots, though presumably Trion can look at chat logs.

dnbradio
06-12-2014, 01:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/AHdoIez.jpg

xD

Pandur
06-12-2014, 02:11 AM
Eh nevermind.

Alexri
06-12-2014, 02:20 AM
My advice would be to just leave it. I know from experience that they simply don't care, and be careful not to mention the name of the offender, as then you're likely to get punished instead.

rydda
06-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Just mute an move on tell your friends to mute, your right I would be mad to my blood is dutch but all I would do is make him mad or mute him, mostly mute.

squidgod2000
06-12-2014, 05:04 AM
Before F2P reporting might have been worth your time, but now it's just a waste.

ironcladtrash
06-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Before F2P reporting might have been worth your time, but now it's just a waste.

I don't think they cared then either. I am disgusted at how many times the same people get reported for harassment and griefing and nothing happens. It is supposed to be against their COC.

Pandur
06-12-2014, 08:13 AM
I don't think they cared then either. I am disgusted at how many times the same people get reported for harassment and griefing and nothing happens. It is supposed to be against their COC.

Conflict of interest, especially when the harassing person is a big spender.
Rules are good, money is better!

Frankly i much rather have a few harassers let go than have the aura of fear policy that Guild wars 2pulled at least for a while.
All that is really needed is a permanent ignore list.

N3gativeCr33p
06-12-2014, 08:22 AM

Yeah... this.

dramaQkarri
06-12-2014, 08:38 AM

I agree, The Company does not seem to care. Sony, however, cares a LOT so you can also report them there, if you're on PS3. I don't know if there's any higher level on PC, but Xbox has a similar reporting system.

This sounds like a minor offense to me. Seen much worse in game that continues over a long period.

Recently I reported two players - one for harrassing pretty much everyone, and one for explicit lewd (disgusting!) language. They are both still playing. However, I don't know if they were warned by The Company, or maybe their clans? Cuz they both have toned things down quite a bit. At least there's that.

duction
06-12-2014, 08:58 AM
I believe some people have had their zone chat switched off so they can't talk in it fir a period then the ban had lifted and they were back to being an idiot in zone chat

Dukhat
06-12-2014, 10:43 AM
This would only be reportable if it got abusive or rose to the level of a real life threat.

Honestly, you're being ridiculous and should be more than a little embarrassed OP.

You should lad, this is highly offensive and a criminal activity in Germany, Czech Republic & Austria.
Posting these words is a direct insult to all the things that have happened during to WW2.

For me, unacceptable.

Dukhat
06-12-2014, 10:43 AM

Well seems like it's hopeless then..

Deunan
06-12-2014, 10:55 AM
Come on people, racism may or may not be the right term here, but praising nazism is a felony in a significant number of (european) countries, and it is at the very least very offensive, whether the person means it or not.This.

Online game publishers that have an international presence are very wary of any references to nazism because most expressions of nazism are outlawed in certain countries including Germany, and hosting expressions of nazism can result in having access to the servers walled off from those countries.

The company does take action against text chat expressions of racism and intolerance and it has banned player accounts because of those particular kinds of EULA/TOS violations.

Roez
06-12-2014, 11:55 AM
im not really sure what exactly it is you want to report. like griffix said, you can use the in game ticket system, but filing a report because someone kept typing out heil hitler really isnt racist, and really isnt a reportable offense that i know of.

I think (more like wonder, because I don't know) this is a younger generation thing. I see it on twitchtv all the time, and it rarely gets much attention their either.

I'm part of the middle aged, NA generation, and that is pretty offensive. Not that it would be for everyone my age probably. It's just a different environment growing up I suspect.

Ashlocke
06-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Just wanted to bring you a public service announcement:

The /ignore feature doesn't work. When you use it, it will ignore chat from said person, until you log off. The next time you log on, they will no longer be ignored.

I wish the Devs would fix this, but I'm guessing it's not very high on their priority list.

CM Kiwibird
06-12-2014, 12:10 PM
PM me with the ticket number and the screenshot, please. Thanks! :o

N3gativeCr33p
06-12-2014, 12:32 PM
PM me with the ticket number and the screenshot, please. Thanks! :o

Here's a good question... how much longer will that picture of Hitler stay up on page one of this thread?

CM Kiwibird
06-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Here's a good question...

Refresh, it's fixed. :o

Odessa
06-12-2014, 12:59 PM

Really... just the coolest person. Thank you, Kiwi.

konstantinov
06-12-2014, 12:59 PM

I like your rendition better. +1 Kiwi

N3gativeCr33p
06-12-2014, 01:27 PM

You da woman!

Dukhat
06-12-2014, 02:01 PM
I like your rendition better. +1 Kiwi

Your avatar is awesome :p

Punisher Illinois Blue
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AHdoIez.jpg

xD

This got to be a ****ing joke, how do you get an "infraction" for posting a picture with bears in it.

Ashlocke
06-12-2014, 02:22 PM
This got to be a ****ing joke, how do you get an "infraction" for posting a picture with bears in it.

Because it was unbearable...

konstantinov
06-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Because it was unbearable...

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYHdjqOACfljthPskv9IMEe5xvha5V8 LWq63a8SltCrtTfL7yF

Scripp
06-12-2014, 02:44 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYHdjqOACfljthPskv9IMEe5xvha5V8 LWq63a8SltCrtTfL7yF

did you really name your cat Potato? ... if so ... you sir win the internet today...

Vega
06-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Wait a minute! What's wrong with racism? I openly put racist remarks on the forums. I say Sensoths smell like big apes and liberate look like chimps. You can't trust a Casti with you life. Indogenes are a bunch of two faced lizards. May the ERep wipe those votan scoundrels off this rock once and for all.

Don't judge me cause Im into Irathian girls. I always bring my full body protection suit just in case so I don't contract any dirty Irath diseases since the EGO shield doesn't do a good enough job. If I ever go stage 4 put a bullet in my head.

Long live Earth Republic! Earth for humans only!;)

Bonehead
06-12-2014, 04:03 PM
did you really name your cat Potato? ... if so ... you sir win the internet today...

Amen brother!

Bonehead
06-12-2014, 04:06 PM

It's his sig.

Edit;
Oops, that was that Hitler pic, thanks for taking it down.

BTW,
"Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of N A Z I Analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" [2][3]—​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/infraction_zps90402c19.jpg

PS; I didn't really receive an infraction for this post.

ironcladtrash
06-12-2014, 04:30 PM
BTW,
"Godwin's law (or Godwin's Rule of N A Z I Analogies)[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1" [2][3]—​ that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or Nazism."

I prefer rule 34.

Bonehead
06-12-2014, 04:32 PM
rule 34 FTW!!!

Gigibop
06-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Honestly, it's the internet, what did you expect though? But you can always report a player on the support site

Zealous
06-12-2014, 04:56 PM

Since no one really made it clear, the guy had a picture of Hitler up with what I assumed was the N word in a different language (I could be wrong). A mod replaced it with a picture of bears and gave the person an infraction for the hitler picture.

MordecaiHunter
06-12-2014, 05:01 PM
there is no point in reporting them for racist remarks, i sent a ticket about a group of fools using the 'n' word and using the term white power remark, that was on 25/5 no reply back from trion 3 weeks ago and still see the player using racist remarks in zone chat like its nothing..

Bonehead
06-12-2014, 05:06 PM
I use the mute for that reason.

Dukhat
06-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Wait a minute! What's wrong with racism? I openly put racist remarks on the forums. I say Sensoths smell like big apes and liberate look like chimps. You can't trust a Casti with you life. Indogenes are a bunch of two faced lizards. May the ERep wipe those votan scoundrels off this rock once and for all.

It's not racism, if the races are fictional :p

drackiller
06-13-2014, 02:14 AM
Here's a good question... how much longer will that picture of Hitler stay up on page one of this thread?

When i saw it i refused to comment, that`s what they want. Nice bear now :)

Ashlocke
06-13-2014, 04:01 AM
Now we must all grin and bear it.

konstantinov
06-13-2014, 06:33 AM
Now we must all grin and bear it.

Aren't you just the bearer of good news.

N3gativeCr33p
06-13-2014, 06:52 AM
When i saw it i refused to comment, that`s what they want. Nice bear now :)

I guess my fourth report of that offensive post was the charm?

Wander
06-13-2014, 06:54 AM
but filing a report because someone kept typing out heil hitler really isnt racist, .

LOL, WHAT?

Time to hit the history books man. If you dont see a problem with that, somthing is terribly wrong with you....

drackiller
06-13-2014, 07:37 AM
People who don`t learn their history, is bound to repeat it. :(

Vega
06-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Wait this is a racist conversation so get you're sexist remarks and post them in another thread!

Vega
06-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Not all of us can grow up properly:D

http://urbanhonking.com/isawthat/files/2012/04/billy-madison-2.jpg

Bonehead
06-13-2014, 02:54 PM
People who don`t learn their history, is bound to repeat it. :(

http://perolofsamuelsson1.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/history3.jpg?w=400

dramaQkarri
06-13-2014, 02:58 PM
http://a1.s6img.com/cdn/box_006/post_16/931516_1999180_lz.jpg

sounds like some adults on here need to do some more growing up!

You should probably queue up then. Not even a clue there, have ya?

KillerInstinct
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoAv7OmLfms

Bonehead
06-13-2014, 03:39 PM
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag464/lenzdude/iv8yP5dFqJFKM_zps5562ffec.gif

Jester
06-13-2014, 03:45 PM
Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!