PDA

View Full Version : How I Clear Excess Ammo On The Ground

Big Jack Shepard
06-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Whenever I'm starting a map, arkfall, etc. I equip my secondary weapon and shoot off 1-5 rounds.

Then I reload the secondary weapon and switch back to the primary. This leaves the secondary weapon at just under full ammo.

When I do this all of the excess ammo on the ground just disappears and makes looting SO much easier.

I've never noticed anyone else mentioning this on the forum or in game.

Just trying to help with lag...and everything.

Blu
06-12-2014, 05:18 PM
this would be really helpful, will try this out right now, cause It really lags to get scrip, salvage off the ground, just so much on the ground, use to just drive over everything and it would pick up my scrip and salvage, now it have to sit and wait till x amount of time for it to pick this up,

takes away from time and score when doing arkfalls/incursions ..

ty's this should help some of us out

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
06-12-2014, 05:46 PM
once upon a time, there was a request made to increase the amount of ammo each player could carry. that request was denied, but as a gesture of good will, ammo drops were increased to keep the meager reserves full. now ammo drops cover the land, and everything you really want to pick up off the ground.

Manstan
06-12-2014, 06:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjSWZQNXLU

Big Jack Shepard
06-13-2014, 09:13 PM
^I'm just trying to be helpful.

Dukhat
06-14-2014, 01:02 AM
But as a gesture of good will, ammo drops were increased to keep the meager reserves full. now ammo drops cover the land, and everything you really want to pick up off the ground.

Thank Turbine for that!

Multigun
06-14-2014, 03:31 AM
once upon a time, there was a request made to increase the amount of ammo each player could carry. that request was denied, but as a gesture of good will, ammo drops were increased to keep the meager reserves full. now ammo drops cover the land, and everything you really want to pick up off the ground.

I wonder if all the excess ammo on the ground is causing server lag too. All the more reason to just increase what a player can carry IMO :p

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
06-14-2014, 03:52 AM
I wonder if all the excess ammo on the ground is causing server lag too. All the more reason to just increase what a player can carry IMO :p

i was a borderlands addict for quite a few months, and i loved to farm raid bosses. if your not familiar with a raid boss kill, they tossed a LOT of loot on the ground after a kill. i learned after only a few times that if i left loot on the ground for more than 5-6 kills, the amount of loot would cause a hard freeze in the game. this was single player, when i was the only person in the game, and there was probably between 100 and 150 items laying on the ground.

looking at that, and trying to imagine the thousands of items being spawned and looted off the ground in defiance at any given time, its my honest opinion that this has a lot to do with server stability, lag, and disconnects. look at how people complained about loot boost weekends. i stopped playing on those weekends because of the huge jump in lag and disconnects.

-ammo reserves should be raised, and less ammo drop
-grenade and stim/spike drops should be rarer, and more rewarding
-weapon drops should be rarer, and of higher value (rarity)
-scrip/salvage drops should be should be limited, but yield higher amounts

Roez
06-14-2014, 07:43 AM
A little trick I use. If you have the preparedness perk equipped, nearly empty one of your weapons and stow it (make your other weapon active). Providing you have ANY space for ammo, you will pick up the entire ammo pile. As the preparedness perk keeps draining ammo to refill the stowed weapon, it allows you to keep picking up all of the ammo on the ground, and let's you get at the other items the ammo is covering.

samuelsinn
06-14-2014, 11:00 AM
i was a borderlands addict for quite a few months, and i loved to farm raid bosses. if your not familiar with a raid boss kill, they tossed a LOT of loot on the ground after a kill. i learned after only a few times that if i left loot on the ground for more than 5-6 kills, the amount of loot would cause a hard freeze in the game. this was single player, when i was the only person in the game, and there was probably between 100 and 150 items laying on the ground.

looking at that, and trying to imagine the thousands of items being spawned and looted off the ground in defiance at any given time, its my honest opinion that this has a lot to do with server stability, lag, and disconnects. look at how people complained about loot boost weekends. i stopped playing on those weekends because of the huge jump in lag and disconnects.

-ammo reserves should be raised, and less ammo drop
-grenade and stim/spike drops should be rarer, and more rewarding
-weapon drops should be rarer, and of higher value (rarity)
-scrip/salvage drops should be should be limited, but yield higher amounts

awww the days of BL2 the gient worm and all the loot it droped. mmmmm the good old days.

ya im in agreement with you. with thousends of players playing any givein time on any given shard on any given day. the ammo and scrip and nades and guns nad everything else that is being droped for each player by each player becuse of each player. ya that might be the major contributer to the lag problum. but then agine in BL and BL2 the ammo and everything droping was for every one on the screen not just the one person that was standing there able to see it.

defiance separates out all the loot so every one can get some of it. and the problum is just that. every ones perduceing loot witch is sending packits witch is coseing lag to jump when packits are lost.

descrese the ammount of ammo thats droped hell not like in an ark fall u need it anyway theres an ammo box hmmm 5 feet from the edge of any one of the red circles. itsn ot hard to run to that. and its not like the bosses of the ark falls last more then a min anymore with all the over powered spikes and stuff being used to kill them. even when there threat lvl 10 .

so by lowering ammo drops in the over world. this might drop the lag

Zertael
06-14-2014, 01:58 PM
I was thinking about this yesterday. I really, really think that there should be an area "loot all button" that force overrides full ammo restrictions on picking up ammo. Just clears the screen around you, gives you everything. Or even just for ammo. Either way.

I also don't see why grenades, stims, and spikes are not auto picked up like ammo when you are under cap. Everyone has their own loot on screen, so you aren't taking from anyone else. If you're under cap then you aren't saving it for anything by leaving it on the ground.

Alternately, just give is a toggle that hides all consumables so we can actually loot weapons during incursions and whatnot.