PDA

View Full Version : Probly 4 the devs- what day are we getting new defiance map/missions/pursuits etc

AceRimmer
06-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Will they be released day to day, week to week, giving people a chance to try and complete them all, before the next lot are released, or will there be a huge major patch, which in a sense, will make Defiance feel like a new game again, with everything being released at once?

Atticus Batman
06-13-2014, 06:24 PM
Will they be released day to day, week to week, giving people a chance to try and complete them all, before the next lot are released, or will there be a huge major patch, which in a sense, will make Defiance feel like a new game again, with everything being released at once?

We get them as they choose to release them. Every new epsiode mission adds pursuits. The rest we get when the devs are ready to give to us. WHy do the new people think they NEED more stuff when they haven't been around long enough to complete the old stuff? Btw the game has been here for over a yr and we still haven't gotten a new map so what makes you think aasking the same stuff we have been asking every week for over a year will cause them to hurry?

Manstan
06-13-2014, 06:31 PM
new maps lol
new missions lol
new pursuits lol

Keep dreaming. Been here since the alpha, no new maps, no new missions; till the just dropped in 2.0 cross over missions, no new pursuits. You want more, buy the DLCs, I think there is some faction pursuits there, at least you'll have some more faction rep missions; not new missions. If you're expecting expansions or additions you're playing the wrong game.

Escyos
06-13-2014, 06:34 PM
new maps lol

So the fact that we have already seen a new map is what? A big joke?

AceRimmer
06-13-2014, 06:35 PM
We get them as they choose to release them. Every new epsiode mission adds pursuits. The rest we get when the devs are ready to give to us. WHy do the new people think they NEED more stuff when they haven't been around long enough to complete the old stuff? Btw the game has been here for over a yr and we still haven't gotten a new map so what makes you think aasking the same stuff we have been asking every week for over a year will cause them to hurry?

Did you get out of the bed on the wrong side this morning, Mr Grumpy?
You're not a dev are you? because although i appreciate peoples imput, only a dev would truly know how they are going to do things.
Why do people assume, that just because the same question has been asked before, that the person asking the same question, KNEW that others had asked it? or assume that because of the question, it makes the question asker, a new player?????
I really couldn't be bothered to do a lot of pursuits, that's my choice, but i was playing the game, 3 hours before it's official release date over a year ago.
I was part of the first set of crazy traders who didn't understand much, who gave away and received awesome items for total rubbish.
All i have from those first few hours, was a bad taste of server crashes, an ark shield and the pistol you get, which I still keep to this day.
And seeing as the game has been out a long time, AND the fact that in the patch updates, the devs state a thankyou to the community for ideas that need to be in the game, I KNOW that the devs actually frequent these forums, so there is a chance they will see this original question and decide to answer, whether here, or somewhere else.

Manstan
06-13-2014, 06:44 PM

After 14 months we get a new area no bigger then the smallest one we have, I'm not laughing.

AceRimmer
06-13-2014, 06:47 PM
After 14 months we get a new area no bigger then the smallest one we have, I'm not laughing.

Do you have a link, or photo, of the new land area?

Escyos
06-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Heres the thread with the video: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160514-10-METERS-boxes-and-rain

AceRimmer
06-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Heres the thread with the video: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?160514-10-METERS-boxes-and-rain

Thanks for the link, appreciated.
Have the devs ever talked about that area?
Looks more like unused/unwanted code script, than a new area, a testing ground for textures, height definitions and particle effects.

Bonehead
06-13-2014, 06:57 PM

Chickens and hatching.

Manstan
06-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Did you get out of the bed on the wrong side this morning, Mr Grumpy?
You're not a dev are you? because although i appreciate peoples imput, only a dev would truly know how they are going to do things.

Any one that has been here for more then a couple of months can pretty well tell you how things role here.

Why do people assume, that just because the same question has been asked before, that the person asking the same question, KNEW that others had asked it? or assume that because of the question, it makes the question asker, a new player?????
I really couldn't be bothered to do a lot of pursuits, that's my choice, but i was playing the game, 3 hours before it's official release date over a year ago.

And I was playing 3 month before that, that and $5 might get me a cup of coffee and a danish.

I was part of the first set of crazy traders who didn't understand much, who gave away and received awesome items for total rubbish.
All i have from those first few hours, was a bad taste of server crashes, an ark shield and the pistol you get, which I still keep to this day.

And seeing as the game has been out a long time, AND the fact that in the patch updates, the devs state a thankyou to the community for ideas that need to be in the game, I KNOW that the devs actually frequent these forums, so there is a chance they will see this original question and decide to answer, whether here, or somewhere else.

And how long have you been away from the game? Long enough you don't now how it goes here. First up, every update makes the game less playable. Then it takes weeks for them to fix it, if they fix it.

More over if the devs; yes I know that has changed here recently, were listening the game would be in much a better state, players wouldn't have to just put up with bad decisions; grenades.

There is a history here you seem to be unaware of.

Atticus Batman
06-13-2014, 07:12 PM
I may be grumpy but I am right. Btw we are getting a new map area sometime during season 2. All that they'll say is that it is the size of either Maren or Madera (I can't remember witch and that it will be around the Silicone Valley area. As for new pursuits, as I said we get them as they add new episodes. They also said new enemies and clonflict sites and arkfalls may come with the new land mass. As for you being new, if you didn't want people to think that then you shouldn't have waited a year to create your forum name. And in my book, you played the game a whole couple hours before launch so you are new. Several of us have been here since the closed alpha/betas. We will get, what the devs want when they want. Posting this stuff every week doesn't matter. Btw if you actually looked, you would see there are plenty of Q and A threads that cover all of this and Trion does Defiance livestreams that also cover this.

Here's the transcripts. Enjoy the read and then do yourself a favor and check out the rest of that site. http://www.defiancedata.com/qa.php

Griffix8
06-13-2014, 07:13 PM
The landmass was supposed to be the size of Marin.

Manstan
06-13-2014, 07:23 PM
Never mind just being a SA. Deleted post lol

CRIXDA
06-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Ace,
please disregard our often cynical nature and speech around here. A Lot of Arkhunters got upset after the release of The Castithian Charge Pack and never really "snapped out of it". This doesn't mean that We aren't a good and happy people (if somewhat maladjusted), but We are quick to bite and sometimes are too fervent.
a lot of times, my fellow Forumites will pick someone apart as with the precision of T.J. Oshie shooting on an Enterprise Rental Car Representative when it really isn't warranted so I will humbly ask for you to forgive us as a whole.
a lot of the information that you seek is here, albeit buried or hidden like treasures to be sought after and hunted like a "New-aged Henry Jones Jr.".
I hope that you won't be soured by this experience, Ace.

Bonehead
06-13-2014, 08:18 PM
Just keep the expectations low so the disappointment index is manageable. That way if it end up being epic it's that much more exciting.

Roez
06-13-2014, 08:23 PM

They said during the live stream the new zone would be out during the Show's Season 2, and that the content related to it would be released step wise, and not all at once. Rampages, Hotshots and Time Trials are low priority and won't be in until later (if at all I gather). There will also be a new open world event(s) and a new race/species.

As for the pursuits, I have no idea. There's a soft damage cap apparently at 5500 EGO, so additional pursuits will simply let people get there without slogging through PvP. Based on what appears to be limited funds and staffing, I'm not sure I would count on anything approaching the size of Season 1. A few hundred maybe (and that's a big maybe). If it turns out bigger I will be surprised (pleased, yet surprised).