PDA

View Full Version : Voice chat

Genostra
04-03-2013, 08:05 AM
hi ive been browsing a bit but dont seem to find an answer about this. Is there a way other then muting players to remove the voice chat ingame. it kinda feels ****ty of me to force random ppl in coop missions to have to listen in to me and my irl mates sitting on skype for example. also besides muting my own mic. i would like the option to mute all other mics if possible. any ideas?

Saraya
04-03-2013, 08:06 AM
hi ive been browsing a bit but dont seem to find an answer about this. Is there a way other then muting players to remove the voice chat ingame. it kinda feels ****ty of me to force random ppl in coop missions to have to listen in to me and my irl mates sitting on skype for example. also besides muting my own mic. i would like the option to mute all other mics if possible. any ideas?

Under settings > Audio there is a 'Voice' On/Off option which should affect incoming and outgoing.
However it doesn't always work, particularly if you had it On when you entered a dungeon and then try to turn it Off

Zman
04-03-2013, 08:46 AM
...to bear in mind that if you turn of voice chat, it also disables the ability to type in chat. Lame.

Skullrtiot
04-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Wait wait.... it stops you from chatting if you turn off voice chat? Is that why my group mates cant see my in chat? Is this a bug?

Hannibal Grim
04-03-2013, 08:57 AM
I never hear anyone talking anyway XD

Xtheoneandonly
04-03-2013, 09:16 AM
turning off voice chat in your settings does not turn of the chat box. It is muting individual people that will do this.

Tap
04-04-2013, 06:30 PM
It's not just muting, I tested it in game just a moment ago, voice option "on" no problem, voice option "off" I can't type again.

Why Trion why!

This is why ports are evil, because things like this do not work with a pc gaming community who mostly prefer third party VoIP to the VON in most games.

3rd party program you can let you friends know if you've crashed.
3rd party programs are usually much better quality.

Does it use the default windows device? if so I'm just going to set mine to one of the digital inputs that don't have a mic connected. skype, mumble, vent etc let me choose inputs independently anyhow so it won't affect those

Quirky
04-04-2013, 06:39 PM
turning off voice chat in your settings does not turn of the chat box. It is muting individual people that will do this.

You would be incorrect. I have done this multiple times and each time I am unable to see My text when I have it turned off. I am also unable to see my friends text (Not Muted) and if I turn voice on it works.

Does it use the default windows device? if so I'm just going to set mine to one of the digital inputs that don't have a mic connected. skype, mumble, vent etc let me choose inputs independently anyhow so it won't affect those

Thats what I was going to do and see if it works.