PDA

View Full Version : Will the game be free for forever?

johnjohnmilk
06-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Just wondering, I don't wanna devote time to this game and be kicked off in a few days. Same with friends.

PseudoCool
06-15-2014, 03:56 PM
Forever is a LONG time.. let's just say will it be free until they close the doors.

johnjohnmilk
06-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Have they said they will close it down again? Or did they just say, it's free now?

PseudoCool
06-15-2014, 04:07 PM
They haven't. However, generally games don't go F2P and then a few months later go "Ok.. now we're back to a pay model". The game was free to play after purchase anyways, so I doubt they'll turn it back to any other model after F2P.

So go ahead and join us in world with your friends and have fun smashing hellbugs, shooting mutants in the face, punk-slapping raiders with shotguns, lobbing grenades at hordes of infected, slashing Volge with swords, and explaining with an extreme amount of prejudice that scrappers are really just animated piles of junk. :)

3rdpig
06-15-2014, 04:50 PM
Trion as fully adopted the F2P model. While nothing in life is certain other than death and taxes, it's reasonably safe to say that Defiance will be F2P until the servers go dark. Now, how long it will be until that latter event happens depends on how much money the "free" players pump into the store.

drackiller
06-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Now, how long it will be until that latter event happens depends on how much money the "free" players pump into the store.

For the looks of most of the F2P whiners, not much...

Le Wizard
06-16-2014, 02:48 AM
I was an alpha tester for Defiance during development last year, so I know that story line. Before I search for bug reports, is that for everyone that a new character gets send to "Session 2 start" at Dark Matter base way across the Golden Gate bridge, after just the 2nd story line mission (medical center) ? I completed medical center, scanned the terminal, and then Session 2 popped up. No other side quests or story line mission in Mount Tam, say KTAM radio station etc.

Is that "new" for everyone, a bug, or do you have to buy the old story line as F2P player ? Or the side quests ?

Nythain
06-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Sounds like you started the Season 2 Episode 1 side mission.

Le Wizard
06-16-2014, 03:44 AM
I listened to radio telling me to "check the terminal" after completing medical center, and that terminal was also the next mission spot on the map. Maybe I missed an alternative spot, so I chose a shortcut to session 2 ?

Nythain
06-16-2014, 03:49 AM
The season episode missions are extra missions. They sort of tie in the game with the show. Main missions and side missions are denoted with an !. Big ! = main mission, little ! = side mission. The episode missions are illustrated with a star. The episode mission you picked up is actually a season 2 mission, which assumes you've done most/all of the main missions and season 1 content, which is why it has you go from Mount Tam all the way down to the dark matter base in San Fran. If it's a new character, I would recommend opening the map and abandoning that mission, and getting back on track with the main and side missions in the area.

Le Wizard
06-16-2014, 04:00 AM
Ok, thanks. Maybe a script glitch due to something. I was staring at the map thinking "ok, it took me 3-5 days of 24 hours playing and 50 missions to get to Golden Gate, and now ... 2nd mission ... ok ???". :)

Le Wizard
06-16-2014, 04:41 AM
I aborted the Session II Episode 1 mission, and now I got a greater number of side quests, the original story mission, and several Episode start points available. Can I pick up that Episode 1 or 4 missions, or will that terminate my main story line again ?

Nythain
06-16-2014, 04:46 AM
You can only have one mission active at a time. Nothing will really "terminate" anything, you just wont see other missions available until you either finish or abandon the one you're currently on. I highly recommend the Season 1 missions, they provide fun story, some outfits, and of course more ego.

N3gativeCr33p
06-16-2014, 05:53 AM
However, generally games don't go F2P and then a few months later go "Ok.. now we're back to a pay model". The game was free to play after purchase anyways, so I doubt they'll turn it back to any other model after F2P.

^^ This right here. ^^