PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the female enemies?

AceRimmer
06-15-2014, 05:10 PM
I think some of the afflicted that spit blood might have been female.
But the raiders, Volge, Dark Matter, 99'ers etc, don't seem to have any females, only the Hellbugs seem to have a Monarch(which could be seen as female).

Is it still seen as wrong to kill women in games?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not all about attacking them, but when the series, and game have included some really strong females in terms of their characters, and no bulls**t attitude, I just don't get why there aren't any female mob characters, or a few more female villains included.

Oort Cloud
06-15-2014, 05:15 PM
I dunno..

In my experience, nagging is OP in the most terrifying of ways and I doubt it could ever be balanced properly.

*runs away*

AceRimmer
06-15-2014, 05:18 PM
I dunno..

In my experience, nagging is OP in the most terrifying of ways and I doubt it could ever be balanced properly.

*runs away*

You've really opened a can of worms now, may the Gods have mercy on your soul..... :D

Oort Cloud
06-15-2014, 05:23 PM
You've really opened a can of worms now, may the Gods have mercy on your soul..... :D

:D

In all seriousness though, for me its kind of hard to tell. I feel like I have seen female enemies in the game, but maybe I was just imagining it or something? A lot of the things we fight are not exactly clear on the whole male/female thing. I just assumed that some of the enemies were female.

Thinking about it though, with the enemies that are more humanoid (like the miners, bandits(?)) I dont think I have seen a female character model. But, if I am honest, I have not particularly looked.

Even with player character models, it can be difficult for me to tell if they have certain types of armor equipped.

AceRimmer
06-15-2014, 05:28 PM
I haven't looked too much, but compare the character models when you choose your sex, to those in game enemies.
Or the main fact that I haven't heard any female voiced enemies "gonna get you" "hahaha"-rpg firing raiders etc.

But yeah, like you, I sometimes feel like I have seen some females, but can't completely remember.

Drunk
06-15-2014, 05:33 PM
AceRimmer you dimension jumped too close to the women having a meeting about under representation as enemies in this game and killed them all then u buggered off in search of smoked kippers!. So i am blaming all this on you!

AceRimmer
06-15-2014, 05:38 PM
AceRimmer you dimension jumped too close to the women having a meeting about under representation as enemies in this game and killed them all then u buggered off in search of smoked kippers!. So i am blaming all this on you!

I did that? I caused the lack of ladies in the game?! You better grab my hard light drive and take me into Uranus, deep, deep inside Uranus, so I can never again cause such a disaster :P

Escyos
06-15-2014, 05:45 PM
Monarchs are male, matrons are female.

As for the others well difficult to tell with the Volge if they have genders because they reproduce in some weird way; raiders probably use females for 'other' things; 99ers, really no way to tell; Dark Matter are mostly Castithan who see females as a lower class.

gonzo570
06-15-2014, 10:07 PM
There is at least one infected enemy that's a female, maybe two, and the hellbug(s). I believe that's it. I must admit, as a girl, I like the fact that the majority of the protagonists in the game are female but I wouldn't mind a few more lady enemies to round it out.

TremerChrist
06-15-2014, 10:58 PM
All the women went east or died during the Pale Wars. Maybe thats why everyone is always angry and shooting at us.

PTR47
06-16-2014, 01:04 AM
Monarchs are male, matrons are female.

As for the others well difficult to tell with the Volge if they have genders because they reproduce in some weird way; raiders probably use females for 'other' things; 99ers, really no way to tell; Dark Matter are mostly Castithan who see females as a lower class.

Monarchy = single ruler
Polyarchy = multiple rulers
Matriarchy = female ruler
Patriarchy = male ruler

Clarity Page
06-16-2014, 02:44 AM
Interesting, the gender ratio of enemy's is often overlooked when attempting to create a gender balanced game,
they let us create male or female chars allowing for gender balance on the protagonist end
however they generally don't like violence towards women in games to this day,

you get the odd female villain however for some reason it's still seen as wrong to shoot generic female raiders/mobs even when they are trying to put a bullet through your head for driving past.

Graphic and violent killing of women is too much,
but a simple generic "shoot, shoot, dead and de spawn" is fine by my book

Tekrunner
06-16-2014, 06:12 AM
Interesting, the gender ratio of enemy's is often overlooked when attempting to create a gender balanced game,
they let us create male or female chars allowing for gender balance on the protagonist end
however they generally don't like violence towards women in games to this day,

you get the odd female villain however for some reason it's still seen as wrong to shoot generic female raiders/mobs even when they are trying to put a bullet through your head for driving past.

Graphic and violent killing of women is too much,
but a simple generic "shoot, shoot, dead and de spawn" is fine by my book

I always felt a little weird in Fallout 3 when killing female raiders and then taking the clothes off from their corpse, but I guess that was a fairly accurate depiction of what would happen in reality. Without necessarily going that far, it'd be good to have some female enemies to fight.

Escyos
06-16-2014, 06:27 AM
Monarchy = single ruler
Polyarchy = multiple rulers
Matriarchy = female ruler
Patriarchy = male ruler

Monarchs are still male, or genderless.