PDA

View Full Version : A few questions

Uteliukas
06-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Greetings Defiants, dont have much time so ill make this quick, here are a few qeustions:

1. When did Defiance go F2P?
2. I remember peopl saying that Defiance was dead before it went F2P, so, how active is the game now?
3. Is the game P2W? Now, ive heard it is, so i just want to make sure, DLCs amd locked content/weapons. I mean, ok, can a non-paying person with the best gear you can get without paying a cent win against a person with best gear out of DLCs and the locked weapons/contents that can be aquired through paying real money? Basically, is there a big advantage that paying people have over the non-paying people? and is it worth playing if youre not going to pay real money at all?
4. You can PvP here right?

thanks! im jumping right into the game.

Etaew
06-16-2014, 07:02 AM
Defiance went F2P on PC June 4 and will go F2P on consoles July 15.

The game activity now is great.

The game has always had a cash shop since launch, we're used to it now. There is some grumbling over selling the "convenience" of the "end-game" currency Arkforge in the cash shop as well as the Legendary Lock Box which included a legendary weapon for a silly price.

With F2P they also launched a subscription option (yes let's call it that), the Patron Pass grants discounts, passive boosts and random boosts in daily and weekly login rewards (all people who bought the game before got 30 days free)

Yes you can PvP, but I don't enjoy it. You might. There is a certain amount of cloaking and instant killing with shotguns or explosive weapons that makes it easy to die.

duction
06-16-2014, 07:06 AM
If you pvp then you will want to buy the ark breaker DLC to unlock the guns from it :)

Tekrunner
06-16-2014, 07:20 AM
You can't really "win" the game in PvE, so P2W doesn't make much sense in that context. Absolutely everything is doable without spending anything, it'll just be less convenient and potentially take a bit longer. Some DLC-only weapons are nice, but barring one specific glitchy exception they're just marginally more powerful than their non-DLC counterparts.

Xaat Xuun
06-16-2014, 07:34 AM
The only real noticeable difference between F2P and those that B2P, is that F2P gets less space. almost half

Atticus Batman
06-16-2014, 03:13 PM
If you pvp then you will want to buy the ark breaker DLC to unlock the guns from it :)

You don't need those cheaze guns. Duction is just saying you do, because that is how you get a zero reload sawed off called a Zagger, and plenty of BOOBS use them to stay cloaked forever.

I have seen plenty of blade users outscore them, as well as some Ar users and even my sniper with frag grenades and an auto-fragger as backup has outscored them. And you can also take em out with detonators, if you know what you are doing.

But Zaggers are used alot so people "THINK" you need them. Btw I have noticed on the Xbox Na server there are ALOT more cloaked blade users in Pvp now than there are zagger users. I has been that way for a week. Since the 47 Ronin event Dawn Patrol hosted, people have started using blades ALOT!