PDA

View Full Version : Season 2: Episode 3: Digging Up Miners - Non-progression bug.

Error404
06-16-2014, 12:38 PM
The location for 'Track the Drill' is not correctly spawning any format of 'drill' to either pickup or kill any enemies to continue the mission.

boblinthegoblin
06-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Yeah I can't get in either, also Cooper doesn't sound as cool or southern badass like he did

Brisco County Jr
06-16-2014, 12:55 PM
digging up the miners won't progress for me also.

Adina Wolfe
06-16-2014, 12:56 PM
I have also been halted by this little problem on my PC...

Griffix8
06-16-2014, 12:56 PM
Same here. I'm currently sitting with about 6-7 other lads waiting for something to happen.

Treasurekins
06-16-2014, 12:58 PM
Same thing on PS3 NA

dnbradio
06-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Welcome to Defiance! :)

Zombie Stark
06-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Stuck here as well. :(

Big Jack Shepard
06-16-2014, 01:28 PM
I abandoned mission a couple of times and it still didn't work.

Griffix8
06-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah I think we're all just not going to finish it. Off to go elsewhere I suppose.

Multigun
06-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Yeah I think we're all just not going to finish it. Off to go elsewhere I suppose.

Yup, logged out of the game entirely. Bug got me out of the mood to play Defiance.

boblinthegoblin
06-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah I'm just gonna do other stuff till a Dev says something or a patch drops

Treasurekins
06-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Add to the non-existent drill the never-ending loading screen at the end of the first mission that eventually results in a disconnect.

Nefarious
06-16-2014, 01:52 PM
I was so amped for the episode mission. There is a crowd of ppl standing on the yellow circle marker on the map. I have no idea what we are supposed to do. Are we supposed to look for something? Is that a spot were 99ers come up for a fight?

Griffix8
06-16-2014, 01:56 PM
I was so amped for the episode mission. There is a crowd of ppl standing on the yellow circle marker on the map. I have no idea what we are supposed to do. Are we supposed to look for something? Is that a spot were 99ers come up for a fight?
We dunno what's supposed to happen. It refuses to progress so we can't.

Lorias
06-16-2014, 02:02 PM

We dunno what's supposed to happen. It refuses to progress so we can't.

I've finished the episode. 99ers pop up on those yellow spots. At least ,they are supposed to. I relogged and got lucky with one that was working and ended up chaining it along to the end.

I will also mention that the third mission may have a tendancy to bug as well. I got a non progression that I also had to relog (and fight fifty thousand 99ers again) to fix (No spoilers, but certain doors wern't triggering to open), So you aren't entirely out of the water yet if you get those spots working.

Chevota
06-16-2014, 02:08 PM

I believe its supposed to be the thing that digs up out of the ground, then the 99'ers pour out. Nolan says something about "They (the 99ers) will need to surface multiple times..."

So i think its a series of those things that tunnel up, but its not.

Roez
06-16-2014, 02:29 PM
They could assign a few people to the Alpha/PTR server, and make it invite only in order to test this stuff. Then again, maybe there's not enough interested people to discover these things. Internal Q/A doesn't seem to be catching everything.

Sonic7870
06-16-2014, 03:05 PM
PS3 EU has the same problems too the crash at the end of first mission, the drill not showing I gave up after 15 abandoned attempts

TotallyADefianceDev
06-16-2014, 03:48 PM
The miners will be back with the next patch.

N3gativeCr33p
06-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Off to go elsewhere I suppose.

Yep... as in, a different console and a different game. Well - after the new live stream today.

Yup, logged out of the game entirely. Bug got me out of the mood to play Defiance.

Very same thing that I just did. lol

Storm58
06-16-2014, 03:57 PM

Well, epic fail, guys. Content doesn't work and you won't take it down or turn it off. Your customer base is confused and this does not look good. Whatever your internal QA process consists of needs to be revamped and/or you need an exact replica of the live server.

WASDsensei
06-16-2014, 04:02 PM
I too am stumped here - so bumping for attention.

PAY ATTENTION TO ME DAMNIT!!! :mad:

(PC Version BTW.)

ironmetal
06-16-2014, 04:07 PM
happening to me also i cant go forward someting new add to it i noticed it said break stiege and then track drill wierd bug

SxB_xPUDDYTATx
06-16-2014, 04:15 PM

is that really your answer? comic relief on the first bug or two lightens the mood and lets us know your fixing things. comic relief after 14 months of not being able to release one patch, hotfix, dlc, or additional content without problems just means you really dont give a flying ****.

spudster
06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
thanks for the heads up on that lets hope they fix it all asap

jimpugh
06-16-2014, 04:42 PM
These guys have been busting tale for along time "DEVS"

I do not see a lot of games with this much freedom among players anywhere....

being ugly is not proper protocol.....

if you have constructive criticism ok.... but be careful what you ask for.

if you would not talk that way to a judge or officer that just pulled you over ....I would not to the DEV

Being nice cost you nothing

happy trails
panheadJim

nathanpbutler
06-16-2014, 04:43 PM

Is this Patch 2.008? Nothing mentioned about the ep missions in the patch notes that are up.

TotallyADefianceDev
06-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Is this Patch 2.008? Nothing mentioned about the ep missions in the patch notes that are up.

PhantasieTrion answered your question here (http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?163824-Patch-2.008-(hotfix)-Addressing-Episode-Mission-Issues).

In short: This fix didn't make it into 2.008, but it will in the next one.

CRIXDA
06-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Good Grief.
So, It didn't progress.
Shall we drag them out back and beat the sh!t out of them now? Come on.
You know what? This is like every other week we get new content of some sort leading up to the Show's Season Two premier and everyone goes ballistic when there is a bug.
I am not the biggest fan of Q&A, that is where these issues come from - but geez ..... let's not form an angry mob just yet, huh?
They will fix it.
I don't claim to be very patient, I want it good right after I download it but the firefight on the docks with the Biomen was pretty cool and I want to lase and blaze on "fifty thousand" 99ers.
I am willing to wait for it to be fixed, as long as it is right.

Roez
06-16-2014, 10:10 PM
The fix is up on the PTR. Glyph > go to region > select PTR > hit play.

It played through OK when I did it. How it will be with a ton of people doing it repeatedly, no idea.

Iceberg
06-17-2014, 03:03 AM

PhantasieTrion answered your question here.

In short: This fix didn't make it into 2.008, but it will in the next one.

http://worstwinterever.com/505be6aa70bc46bcb30db53d31005661_full.jpg.gif

I have no words for this, but this picture sums it up nicely.

Big Jack Shepard
06-17-2014, 03:05 AM
http://worstwinterever.com/505be6aa70bc46bcb30db53d31005661_full.jpg.gif

I have no words for this, but this picture sums it up nicely. Is that the guy who is doing the voice for Cooper now?

Iceberg
06-17-2014, 03:06 AM
Is that the guy who is doing the voice for Cooper now?

No no, hes the new von bach!!

Vlaron
06-17-2014, 03:47 AM
Good Grief.
So, It didn't progress.
Shall we drag them out back and beat the sh!t out of them now? Come on.
You know what? This is like every other week we get new content of some sort leading up to the Show's Season Two premier and everyone goes ballistic when there is a bug.
I am not the biggest fan of Q&A, that is where these issues come from - but geez ..... let's not form an angry mob just yet, huh?
They will fix it.
I don't claim to be very patient, I want it good right after I download it but the firefight on the docks with the Biomen was pretty cool and I want to lase and blaze on "fifty thousand" 99ers.
I am willing to wait for it to be fixed, as long as it is right.

Very well said sir.

lukeskyw
06-17-2014, 04:06 AM
Just need to wait for 2.009 hotfix today or tomorrow.

CRIXDA
06-17-2014, 06:39 AM
I was told it would be there today.
Good thing too, because I am so mad that I am going to turn into my Russian Wrestling persona: "Ivan Whupanass" and go HAM on somebody.

Paklo
06-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Cooper sounds like a dork now. Oh and also:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kkO8GuK534w/Ui3ydb--gOI/AAAAAAAAATg/rfMtusZDoVk/s1600/wMwfl.jpg

bigguy
06-17-2014, 07:41 AM
I agree with Crixda we dont need to riot. I also have to say that even though i have been here since launch and have gotten used to the TRION system of releasing something bugged and fixing it later , they have gotten faster with the fixes. That being said i am still getting bored and annoyed with the overall frequency with which this happens and can see why this will upset people and wonder how many of the F2P people will be ok with this.

N3gativeCr33p
06-17-2014, 08:56 AM
That being said i am still getting bored and annoyed with the overall frequency with which this happens and can see why this will upset people and wonder how many of the F2P people will be ok with this.

Yep, the feeling is mutual... it's like a comedy of errors whenever new content is released.

#justsaying

nathanpbutler
06-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Perhaps next time there is a live stream, the community should submit "bugged questions," non sequiturs that leave them wondering what the hell just happened.

Riz
06-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Sadly, More broken content, why not lol

PseudoCool
06-17-2014, 11:42 AM
The servers just went down to apply a hotfix, so hopefully this is what their fixing. I'm stuck there too.

On a side note, the emergency that keeps popping up there is making the time to wait for it to launch go by much faster IMHO.

And yes, I agree with Crix.. no reason to start a flash mob with the dev's on spits.. yet.

rebtattoo
06-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I agree with Crixda we dont need to riot. I also have to say that even though i have been here since launch and have gotten used to the TRION system of releasing something bugged and fixing it later , they have gotten faster with the fixes. That being said i am still getting bored and annoyed with the overall frequency with which this happens and can see why this will upset people and wonder how many of the F2P people will be ok with this.Defiance motto; "Introducing new content. Please wait a few days/week to try it! Thanks for your patience. Hell, we're Trion.

N3gativeCr33p
06-17-2014, 12:01 PM
Defiance motto; "Introducing new content. Please wait a few days/week to try it! Thanks for your patience. Hell, we're Trion.

Because grenades?

For realisies this time?

Too soon?

PseudoCool
06-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Because grenades?

For realisies this time?

Too soon?

Grenades! Grenades! Grenades! Grenades! Grenades!.. oh crap.. Claim Items! Claim Items!

Iceberg
06-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Because grenades?

For realisies this time?

Too soon?

I hear there is a problem with guns losing crits and damage, might get a new meme out of that one if its true. ;)

CRIXDA
06-17-2014, 01:24 PM
There is a scene in Rocky III where Clubber Lang (played by the robo-bad@$$ Mr. T) keeps on bashing the seemingly caved-in side of the grape-like head of Rocky Balboa (played by Sylvester Stallone) and Rocky keeps getting up and saying "is that all you got? You ain't so bad. You ain't so bad. You ain't nothin'". Clubber is bringing these right hands from downtown and just busting Rocky all over the place until he gets tired and then ....well, you know. "Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!" The croud gets behind him, he points at Clubber and the crowd goes "YOU!" And Rocky waves his finger back and forth in a "No, No, No!" And then gives him then Big Boot, drops the Big Leg and gets ready to body slam him. All the while, the crowd is flipping out.
This is "Hulking Up". So after the body-slam the ref counts and then Rocky screams for Miss Elizabeth and then all the little Hulksters wonder what in the hell Crix is talking about. Right?
Geez, Arkhunters! Aren't you trainin', saying your prayers and takin' your vitamins anymore?
Well, I HAVE TOO - because I am the one at the gate of Trion Worlds headquaters who has to protect them from you knuckleheads when you come down the road with torches alight and hoes and staves held high chanting " I wanna kill, every-one! I wanna kill, every-one! I wanna kill, every-one!"
Come on.
The patches don't work?
Didn't I tell you that they would jump right on it?
They aren't going to serve us brontosaurus dookie-burgers and MAKE us eat them.
(The condiments keep running out.)
Give them a chance, Hulksters!

http://media20.giphy.com/media/9NJrkb4JrW8FO/giphy.gif?w=320

Iceberg
06-17-2014, 03:18 PM
There is a scene in Rocky III where Clubber Lang (played by the robo-bad@$$ Mr. T) keeps on bashing the seemingly caved-in side of the grape-like head of Rocky Balboa (played by Sylvester Stallone) and Rocky keeps getting up and saying "is that all you got? You ain't so bad. You ain't so bad. You ain't nothin'". Clubber is bringing these right hands from downtown and just busting Rocky all over the place until he gets tired and then ....well, you know. "Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!" The croud gets behind him, he points at Clubber and the crowd goes "YOU!" And Rocky waves his finger back and forth in a "No, No, No!" And then gives him then Big Boot, drops the Big Leg and gets ready to body slam him. All the while, the crowd is flipping out.
This is "Hulking Up". So after the body-slam the ref counts and then Rocky screams for Miss Elizabeth and then all the little Hulksters wonder what in the hell Crix is talking about. Right?
Geez, Arkhunters! Aren't you trainin', saying your prayers and takin' your vitamins anymore?
Well, I HAVE TOO - because I am the one at the gate of Trion Worlds headquaters who has to protect them from you knuckleheads when you come down the road with torches alight and hoes and staves held high chanting " I wanna kill, every-one! I wanna kill, every-one! I wanna kill, every-one!"
Come on.
The patches don't work?
Didn't I tell you that they would jump right on it?
They aren't going to serve us brontosaurus dookie-burgers and MAKE us eat them.
(The condiments keep running out.)
Give them a chance, Hulksters!

http://media20.giphy.com/media/9NJrkb4JrW8FO/giphy.gif?w=320

I think you been hitting those steroids too hard, maybe that tu-tu on too tight when drinking tea and pointing that little pinky finger up (could name several movie references but i'll stop at that one). So to counter your argument I will just say, all aboard!!!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/530/961/80thegodfatherhotrain_display_image.jpg?1290997694

PseudoCool
06-17-2014, 05:07 PM
I think you been hitting those steroids too hard, maybe that tu-tu on too tight when drinking tea and pointing that little pinky finger up (could name several movie references but i'll stop at that one). So to counter your argument I will just say, all aboard!!!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/530/961/80thegodfatherhotrain_display_image.jpg?1290997694

Well.. if we're going THIS route.. all I can say is this...

Can ya smellllllllll... ellllllll.. ellllllll...

What.. Trion.. Is.. Cookin!? *cue cheezy music*

Iceberg
06-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Well.. if we're going THIS route.. all I can say is this...

Can ya smellllllllll... ellllllll.. ellllllll...

What.. Trion.. Is.. Cookin!? *cue cheezy music*

If trion is really going to play the pseudo rock, then I have no choice than to continue this:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Y7mUPD3HUko/UB9BBiRBr0I/AAAAAAAACjc/zfYHdI0aPoY/s400/the-rock-stone-cold.jpg

http://www.wwehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/stone-cold-steve-austin-2.jpg

http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/e800d7ec783eca6a6346c8dbd73461b1/http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd479/RVMPJ10/WWE_Stone_Cold_Steve_Austin_What-10.jpg

mikeel
06-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Why does cooper sound like his nuts we're cut off ?.

Sounds like some white guy playing the part of a black man..... No offense...

The original voice for Cooper definitely better.

N3gativeCr33p
06-18-2014, 05:29 AM
If trion is really going to play the pseudo rock, then I have no choice than to continue this:

http://arolemodel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/body-language-of-men-3.gif