PDA

View Full Version : Please RE-Fix the Lightning Rifle

Zugo
06-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Trion please fix the Lightning rifle. It does not register damage on every shot similar to the issue it was having in the beginning. I can take a short demo video if that helps but I think we are all aware of the issue.

The critical bypass on armor plates you rolled out a few patches ago has made me pick-up my big rifles again but the poor Volge Lighting rifle will only calculate damage 50% of the time or if I fire it at the ground in front of my target. Shooting it at the tachmag drive on the Dark Matter Monolith will never register damage even though the explosion takes place as if it had struck dead center.

drackiller
06-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Trion please fix the Lightning rifle. It does not register damage on every shot similar to the issue it was having in the beginning. I can take a short demo video if that helps but I think we are all aware of the issue.

The critical bypass on armor plates you rolled out a few patches ago has made me pick-up my big rifles again but the poor Volge Lighting rifle will only calculate damage 50% of the time or if I fire it at the ground in front of my target. Shooting it at the tachmag drive on the Dark Matter Monolith will never register damage even though the explosion takes place as if it had struck dead center.

Yeah , like Zugo says, fix it please. The gun was great and you broke it again :(

Atticus Batman
06-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Definitely. I witnessed Zugo struggling with that thing repeatedly tonight. He'd snipe and the niners would laugh until my particle repeater's shot took off their heads. His next 2 shots would also do no damage then the next would kill it, then no damage ad infinitum.

Odessa
06-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Definitely. I witnessed Zugo struggling with that thing repeatedly tonight. He'd snipe and the niners would laugh until my particle repeater's shot took off their heads. His next 2 shots would also do no damage then the next would kill it, then no damage ad infinitum.

I've been waiting for an update on this as well. I know they posted it in the issues forum and we received a response stating that they are aware of this and working on a fix. It's one reason why I held off using them. Too iffy when it came down to kill or be killed situations.

Quebra Regra
06-18-2014, 09:06 AM
+3 fix it, this is getting old. :(

bigguy
06-18-2014, 09:27 AM
+4 Please fix this , IMO another thing they should not have tried to fix.

dramaQkarri
06-18-2014, 09:33 AM
+5 - it seems the more I charge it, the worse the aim is. And the further away I am, the worse the aim thru the scope. Crosshairs right on targett and whiff, totally miss.

It's a joke, right? We not laughing...

moof
06-18-2014, 09:33 AM
i want a fix as well,ive had a volge lightning rifle for a couple weeks now and its literally unuseable because of this..so ive had to swallow my pride and be using a thunderer pistol..its effective mind you,but i mthe sort of person that everything must be just so otherwise its a big let down (diagnosed with schizoid personality disorder).

and the volge lightning rifle looks absolutely beaitfull,like a silver dodge charger with neon light bars

Odessa
06-18-2014, 10:07 AM
I think the same NPC guy that built the vehicles built this weapon. Starts off slick and deadly... then *poof* nothing happens. We REALLY need to find a new shop to buy things.

Zugo
06-18-2014, 11:35 AM
A good question is why do all the other cold fire weapons(explosive rounds) work and the Lightning rifle does not. The damage is all over the place when I do land a hit. So far the highest damage number I've seen is 540,000, yes no typo. Maybe the large numbers I get every once in a while are there to make up for all the blanks it's firing in between?

Afflicted Incursions are still pretty fun with the gun but only because I'm shooting the ground in front of groups of enemies.

@ Batman,
Oh you noticed that did ya? I guess you could call me stubborn. :)

Zugo
06-19-2014, 07:10 AM
I've been waiting for an update on this as well. I know they posted it in the issues forum and we received a response stating that they are aware of this and working on a fix. It's one reason why I held off using them. Too iffy when it came down to kill or be killed situations.

In the issues forum, I'll head that way now thanks.

Killing Monarchs is another fun use of the Lightning rifle. Shooting the ground under them will usually hit their yellow bellied crit spot for around 60k-90K damage.