Harkonis
04-03-2013, 08:38 AM
I really wish there was one...

Bluntski
04-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Roll is worse than jumping.

Harkonis
04-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Can't shoot while rolling. While roll is annoying and I would love a cooldown on it as well, the jump and shoot repeat looks ******ed.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 02:46 PM
There is no need for a cool down on jump.

Gradius
04-03-2013, 03:56 PM

I'll be honest, I jump around in PvP. I do it because there really isn't any other vertical acrobatic alternative. The shooters that I come from, Unreal Tournament Series, etc. all have "double-jump, "wall-jump," and other acrobatic moves. A lot of other shooters that try the "realistic combat style" approach (BF3, CoD, etc.) lack these features. Hence, you see people jumping, dolphin-diving, etc.

It's actually because of a lack of common competitive shooter features that you see this.

Coraline
04-03-2013, 04:45 PM
^ I love you.

Ace7248
04-03-2013, 06:44 PM
I'll be honest, I jump around in PvP. I do it because there really isn't any other vertical acrobatic alternative. The shooters that I come from, Unreal Tournament Series, etc. all have "double-jump, "wall-jump," and other acrobatic moves. A lot of other shooters that try the "realistic combat style" approach (BF3, CoD, etc.) lack these features. Hence, you see people jumping, dolphin-diving, etc.

It's actually because of a lack of common competitive shooter features that you see this.

Haha and Unreal Tournament 3 even has a jet booster dive roll thing after you jump!

2Squid
08-07-2014, 03:40 AM
Wow, you're right. They should also add a cool down for rolls.
And also a cool down for moving.
In fact why don't they have all the enemy team forced to stand still for you?

Learn to aim kid.

tentaro
08-08-2014, 01:10 PM
There is no need for a cool down on jump.

85% of the people in pvp bunnyhop like effin newbs..... 60% of them love grenade launchers and newb tubes (rocket launchers). This makes pvp very little fun at all. If you feel the need to bunny hop because you suck, go do it in a co-op mission, not in pvp where you look like an idiot.
And yes someone said rolling also sucks well... yes it does but at least you can't shoot while doing it.

Kanah
08-09-2014, 03:05 AM
I have to say it's nice to just charge at someone and shoot them in the face.

But when they start jumping all over the place, I got to start jumping too.

MadMoxxiFavGun
08-09-2014, 04:14 AM
85% of the people in pvp bunnyhop like effin newbs..... 60% of them love grenade launchers and newb tubes (rocket launchers). This makes pvp very little fun at all. If you feel the need to bunny hop because you suck, go do it in a co-op mission, not in pvp where you look like an idiot.
And yes someone said rolling also sucks well... yes it does but at least you can't shoot while doing it.

maybe im bunny hopping to lure people in as a tactic. you call people idiots for bunny hopping like noobs. you assume they suck. you rush me and i kill you.

tentaro
08-09-2014, 02:42 PM
It's not luring people in when you jump the entire match.... it's just a way to show that you have no actual shooting skill so you have to jump to try to avoid being killed first. 7 out of 10 times I am going to snipe you anyway but it's just annoying the other 3 times. I think it really only annoys me for 2 reasons: 1) I am mostly melee in pvp (use a sniper rifle as secondary) and if you are bunny hopping it makes melee fighting completely worthless 2) I have seen multiple people using aimbots who can headshot people while they are bunny hopping.... oh and screw it 3) people who bunny hop and use (no skill needed) grenade launchers and rocket launchers
I mean seriously get a gun that needs some type of skill.... like any OTHER gun lol

Pandur
08-09-2014, 03:09 PM
It's not luring people in when you jump the entire match.... it's just a way to show that you have no actual shooting skill so you have to jump to try to avoid being killed first. 7 out of 10 times I am going to snipe you anyway but it's just annoying the other 3 times. I think it really only annoys me for 2 reasons: 1) I am mostly melee in pvp (use a sniper rifle as secondary) and if you are bunny hopping it makes melee fighting completely worthless 2) I have seen multiple people using aimbots who can headshot people while they are bunny hopping.... oh and screw it 3) people who bunny hop and use (no skill needed) grenade launchers and rocket launchers
I mean seriously get a gun that needs some type of skill.... like any OTHER gun lol

You don't need an aimbot to head shot a jumping person............it's about the most predictable movement in the game.
Anyone with halfway decent aim will kill you before you're in melee range anyways jumping or not.
Your post reads alot like "Hold still so I can shoot you, damn it!".

Pandur
08-09-2014, 03:15 PM

So your perfect Idea of pvp is everyone stand still and take shots at each other ?

MadMoxxiFavGun
08-10-2014, 05:37 AM

Tell that to the countless people who accuse me of using an aimbot, shooting thru walls hack, and any other kind of glitch out there. Me and my Frontier Semi auto sniper "triple crit 1.10 dmg" does the work.

SilverWF
08-10-2014, 06:01 AM

Agree
Also, why this jumps are so high? The Earth gravity was lowered or what?

Phenomenon
08-11-2014, 06:11 PM
You say that people who bunny hop have no gun skill.. but I bunny hop constantly and theres very few times someone can kill me 1v1, hell even 2v1 when in using an AR. Just because we bounce doesn't mean we dont have good aim :)

DEATHBRINGER210
08-11-2014, 06:14 PM
so we are just suppose to stand there for you ? its harder to hit a moving target plain and simple

Shakk
08-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Cooldown on jumping. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I play very much sniper, hitting heads of jumping targets is probably the easiest thing to do.

Its not just when sniping, when someone jumps you can calculate everything about his movement. Why would you nerf somthing like that?

Deunan
08-13-2014, 03:56 PM
85% of the people in pvp bunnyhop like effin newbs..... 60% of them love grenade launchers and newb tubes (rocket launchers). This makes pvp very little fun at all. If you feel the need to bunny hop because you suck, go do it in a co-op mission, not in pvp where you look like an idiot.If someone spams the jump key and you have good targeting skills and reaction time they're actually easier to hit because spamming the jump key significantly cuts down on their movement speed on the horizontal movement axis and there isn't any appreciable variance in the vertical axis of movement. It is easier to land a shot on them in general which is why they often get killed by better players with multiple shots from a semi-auto sniper rifle or a single shot from the over-powered Surge Bolter. They also die pretty consistently against good players with Tach Mag Pulsers, especially bio-nano ones which can quickly shut down that tactic by putting poop shoes on them.

I like the way Notturno summed it up.

It's not bunny hopping, let's get that out of the way.

Bunny hopping in a game is when you jump for the purpose of moving faster. It's done because the acceleration of jumping and crouching in a zigzag pattern causes you to move faster, and makes you a smaller target. The point is that you ultimately move faster, and create a harder to hit target. Here's a quick video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tX8YUI2RWo) that shows what bunny hopping is.

Please note, Defiance does not have bunny hopping.

What you are describing is people simply spamming the jump button because they think it makes them more evasive. The fact of the matter is that jumping simply makes you more predictable and easier to hit. The better PvPers I have come across tend to run around their targets in circles at close range, and pivot often to confuse them. Arguably the best way to "juke" while in close range combat is to move around your target and not in front of them. Force them to turn and adjust their aim, then pivot so they cannot have a smooth mouse movement to track you. Jumping just makes you move in a predictable vertical pattern, and you're much easier to track.

That's not to say jumping doesn't have strategic advantages. Jumping over someone's head is a great way to disrupt aiming, as is jumping on a pivot. There's also the fact that you need to jump over obstacles in the PvP maps, and on to ladders.

If you can't hit a jumping target, then I do not know what to tell you. It's part of the game, and a legitimate evasion strategy. Movement and positioning is a staple of the shooter genre, it means just as much as aiming. However, the game does not need to have jumping removed or neutered simply because people want a homogenized, boring experience. I'd rather not remove features that distinguish great players from average players. If people simply stood and fired at each other, like some sort of ridiculous line formation (http://guides.gamepressure.com/empiretotalwar/gfx/word/-1338426484.jpg), this game would become stale fast.

Kanah
08-17-2014, 08:18 AM
I've realised I like people jumping all the time. At range, I can shoot them in the head at apogee. Close up, I just let them fall gracefully into my tachmag stream. I don't like so much when they zig-zag, duck, or take cover. Having learned this for myself, I'm much less springy in my steps.

DrTogobban
09-03-2014, 10:58 PM
I'd like to see one, just to make it more consistent with the enemies we face in PvE. Nothing major, just a half second or so keeping it in line with the delay on a roll, or even just a half second of walking after landing before you can run again. Seeing people jumping all over the place is really more of a distraction than anything, and pretty ineffective overall. You jump, I just spray with tar.

Annouke
09-03-2014, 11:34 PM

yet most matches all you see is people with sluggers or surge bolters.... at least on my end thats all i really see. oh and dont forget cankers that can kill ya while you try to roll off the effect. as for the jumpers more power to ya thats why i use a det w/ radius.

also edit for a little bit of info as many know jumping is also a way to make grenades fly more distance along with other stuff.....

Shakk
09-03-2014, 11:48 PM
I love people who constantly jump, they are so incredibly easy to hit. If they want to jump, I say let them. It's a tactic that only seems to fool people that needs to practice their tracking skills (Wich they are when they go up against "bunny"hoppers)

DrTogobban
09-04-2014, 07:36 AM
I love people who constantly jump, they are so incredibly easy to hit. If they want to jump, I say let them. It's a tactic that only seems to fool people that needs to practice their tracking skills (Wich they are when they go up against "bunny"hoppers)

nuh-uh, cuz, like, if I jumpin' and yous are hit me you hax! hax!! jumping makes hard to killing! (insert yo momma and random profanity)

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works, right? :P

Shakk
09-04-2014, 08:43 AM
nuh-uh, cuz, like, if I jumpin' and yous are hit me you hax! hax!! jumping makes hard to killing! (insert yo momma and random profanity)

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it works, right? :P

Are you a Jedi?
Cuz you must be reasin minds of all the hackusers!

Seriously tho, someone complained in teamchat of a FY that i was hackin because i could hit people even when they were jumping

DrTogobban
09-04-2014, 09:03 AM
Are you a Jedi?
Cuz you must be reasin minds of all the hackusers!

Seriously tho, someone complained in teamchat of a FY that i was hackin because i could hit people even when they were jumping

Nope, just a doctor.

Really not surprised by it. I've pinged a jumper with a sniper rifle a few times. In fact in FY yesterday I was ducked behind something to avoid being hit. The other dude kept jumping to shoot over the barricade - there was a gap so he couldn't close the distance. Popped him off as he bounced into the crosshairs.

There's a good reason to add in a cooldown right there though. If people see it as a good tactic, and it isn't, and are going to start screaming HAX!!!! because of their error, removing it may make the experience better overall. Still, lotta work with no real gain. Some people will always act like 8 year olds when "the game cheats"

Z0mb13
09-16-2014, 03:35 PM

Or perhaps just remove jump entirely (seriously things are easier to shoot if they only move in 2d space!!!) However all you're going to do is make PVP a safe haven for snipers.

DrTogobban
09-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Or perhaps just remove jump entirely (seriously things are easier to shoot if they only move in 2d space!!!) However all you're going to do is make PVP a safe haven for snipers.

need jump to utilize the sword AoE, and navigate some areas of the levels. it'd be fine if it had just a slight pause on landing, quarter of a second or less.

Festival
09-17-2014, 11:33 AM
I've disliked bunnyhopping in shooter games for, oh...about forever. Not because it's overpowered (I lost count of the times I got accused of using an aimbot in SOF2, COD, etc because I could snipe bunnyhoppers with regularity), but because it's so aesthetically awful. It just looks so damn stupid.

Yes, I'm from the "realistic combat" faction, not the "Unreal Tournament" faction, and I definitely get that the latter camp is a big one and they loves them some superhuman acrobatics. Because I'm from the realism camp, I'd love to see a limit to the number of successive jumps that could be made in a given (short-ish) period without becoming "winded" and being unable to jump and slowing down run speed.

However, as others have pointed out, this might also skew PvP in Defiance even more towards sniping. That might be to my advantage (once I get the hang of it in Defiance...I've only been doing PvP here for a week), but it would create a big balance issue. Reducing jump height to something lower than the current absurd amount might work better...but would still probably be a significant coding challenge. I'm not confident the current crew would do a good job of modifying something tied to the core physics engine.

DrTogobban
09-17-2014, 11:36 AM
because it's so aesthetically awful. It just looks so damn stupid.

that right there, and doesn't fit with the tactics used in PvE, we can't dodge enemies that way, and they don't move like that either.

Sniping becoming OP, well, you can work around that in level design. Having nice alleys and range for sniping, or, having an alternate twisty route that takes longer to navigate where others could be waiting with close range weapons. Thinking about the observatory now, there are a few nice sniper nests, but it's easy enough to avoid them when you know they're either in the scope, on the roof with the 2 crates, or on the root.

Strychnine
04-14-2015, 06:39 PM
I hate the jumping in PvP.
Now that we have programmable keyboards that can run scripts, you can have it set to jump around like an amphetamine crazed maniac with no penalty. Why not just let people run aimbots too while we're at it..?

The last I checked I've never seen nor heard of any science fiction show/story/game that featured people jumping as high as Spud Webb while engaged in mortal combat. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but c'mon... People jumping over my head while I'm shooting at them breaks the immersion.

I can handle a loss, but as long as we have auto programmable keyboard jumping, I'm done with PvP.

DeMoNofDEATH
04-14-2015, 07:55 PM
get a X3 damage big boomer, gets rid of jumpers

(im on ps3 no auto keyboard B/S)

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-14-2015, 08:48 PM

Seriously?lol, bunnyhoppers are part of pvp. Its not hard to blow em out of the air.....or easier yet, what goes up MUST come down. Just aim for thier projected landing spot. They cant change direction middair like a muskratt. Why dont they just put a cooldown on running too while theyre at it.....better yet why dont they make them stand still all together so you can shoot them easily ;) really. Pvp is supposed to be a challenge. Not everyone is a crackshot and jumping miht be the only thing keeping them alive long enough to get a kill. You cant put a cooldown on jumping. I swear ppl just want everything on a gold platter.

I hate shotgunners cloakers and infectors in pvp. Lets get rid of those too!! Lets just put a cooldown on everything that annoys everyone. There wont be a game left after everyone gets in line to cry nerf

duction
04-17-2015, 02:32 AM
I hate the jumping in PvP.
Now that we have programmable keyboards that can run scripts, you can have it set to jump around like an amphetamine crazed maniac with no penalty. Why not just let people run aimbots too while we're at it..?

The last I checked I've never seen nor heard of any science fiction show/story/game that featured people jumping as high as Spud Webb while engaged in mortal combat. I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but c'mon... People jumping over my head while I'm shooting at them breaks the immersion.

I can handle a loss, but as long as we have auto programmable keyboard jumping, I'm done with PvP.

That's why pvp is better on a console, all is fair and the same.... Console master race.

WhiteStrike
04-17-2015, 02:25 PM
That's why pvp is better on a console, all is fair and the same.... Console master race.

*cough*Turbo Controllers*cough*cough*

stoodakiss
04-25-2015, 06:38 AM
*cough*Turbo Controllers*cough*cough*

turbo controllers are pretty much worthless for game play.

WhiteStrike
04-25-2015, 03:54 PM
turbo controllers are pretty much worthless for game play.
Bind the turbo to X and grab a Longshot.

Roxxasthedemonslayer
04-25-2015, 06:27 PM
I agree there should be either something to block bouncers or a penalty towards them.

its 100% dishonorable combat.

come to think of it we needs stuff to stop other dishonorable combats too.

(deliberately targeting lower levels, bottling other team in spawn point and camping them, etc)

badbat111
04-25-2015, 06:36 PM
I agree there should be either something to block bouncers or a penalty towards them.

its 100% dishonorable combat.

come to think of it we needs stuff to stop other dishonorable combats too.

(deliberately targeting lower levels, bottling other team in spawn point and camping them, etc)

so simple solution dont do pvp i dont do pvp im a pve player

konstantinov
04-25-2015, 07:32 PM
so simple solution dont do pvp i dont do pvp im a pve player

Thank you for having common sense.

Tura Satana
04-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Well that's easy to say but the game makes you suffer through it to get max ego. Like time trials.

konstantinov
04-25-2015, 10:51 PM
Well that's easy to say but the game makes you suffer through it to get max ego. Like time trials.

It's all about who you know. Even Defiance comes down to "politics" in a weird way. I knocked out turret kills while this last event was out knowing damn well that the regular pvpers would be at arkfalls and not in military academy.

stoodakiss
04-26-2015, 07:21 AM
worst idea today and the day it was posted.

konstantinov
04-26-2015, 08:12 AM
worst idea today and the day it was posted.

:Me rel gud tho

Cygnus
04-26-2015, 09:05 AM
NERF PEOPLE WHO CAN'T HIT MOVING TARGETS AND COMPLAIN ABOUT PVP!it's a competitive game.if you can't beat them join them.sounds like the so called noobs understand the game more than you.suggestion start your own match with your own friends and play freeze tag.YOUR IT!

Cygnus
04-26-2015, 10:09 AM
Seriously,everytime some one complains that the game doesnt suit their play style developers make changes that no one likes.I dont pvp much yet but I plan too.just play the game and adapt.right now it's the only game I know of that allows you to take your weapons and character build and run it again any one else's.which in my opinion is really cool!if you want everyone to use the same guns and same build there are tons of games like that.

superstorm
06-21-2015, 03:18 PM
Just don't use sniper rifles, and I will not jump at all.

The Lady
06-22-2015, 07:40 AM
Just don't use sniper rifles, and I will not jump at all.

Sniper rifles are great for bunny hoppers.

idonthideiblaze
07-16-2015, 06:45 PM
All this complaining about jumping... We all have a "A" button or bumper whichever so why cool down something that was meant to b...freakin cool down lol this is not Brits vs colonial merika. It's a sci Fi shooter w the freedom to play how u want there's tons of other things to fix via invisible Cerberus, rock ets, 1 hit surge bolters, instakill crimefighters but really cool down jumping... What...oh boi bet those complainers also want to 1 shot the warmaster...its a learned style of play want to get better than try it its super fun.. Alast most of the complainers prolly pve an forum gouge ppl for scrip as opposed to spending all day in pvp getting better...such a petty nerf will kill wat us nonpve/ non forum gamers live for on this game...plz defiance DO NOT NERF JUMPING THERE IS NO NEED FOR SAID COOL DOWN.. JUS PUT IN PATCH NOTES DO u EVEN FRIEGHT YARD SMILEY FACE

FIEND
07-16-2015, 08:32 PM
another cool suggestion- cooldown on walk and run and click button and driving\\\\

Sea_Jay
07-25-2015, 07:38 AM
double jumping & "rocket" jumping good old Quake & Doom style !

But ya, people using aimbots just jump jump jump & hit each and every shot they make with no misses... very obvious cheating.

No jumping human player can keep getting 100% hit ratios without an aimbot cheat.

RAGEFIGHTER
07-25-2015, 07:46 AM

if they add one then ok i cant say whats in mind trion patrols me already they know i grow up in diferent world :) but well ill bee wery unhappy ill curse them more and more again roling is shtako :) for me i use jump to overwiev where i go and coordinate it also take a jump fire as far as posible to not loose counter attack to enemys :) simply speaking what you dont like ???? dont like others jumping?? jump you too!! :) dont wanna your problem :) i even think rolling is for again trion restrictments cannot say for who :)

RAGEFIGHTER
07-25-2015, 07:47 AM
another cool suggestion- cooldown on walk and run and click button and driving\\\\

stop it please stop doo not make offers likethat
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sireuosly?? 60 symbols here yuo go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeefddddddddddddddfff fffffffffffhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

RAGEFIGHTER
07-25-2015, 07:48 AM
stop please author please delete this trion will doo it again they gona make it like my clan name says please stop

WhiteStrike
07-25-2015, 07:57 AM
stop please author please delete this trion will doo it again they gona make it like my clan name says please stop

How is that a bad thing?

RAGEFIGHTER
07-25-2015, 09:06 AM
How is that a bad thing?

cuz trioan always made epic decisions :) my clan name says it perfectly :)

final rest
07-26-2015, 10:45 PM
i jump cause it helps me aim and dont think it should be taken out.. game would just be too easy if you could only run and walk. rolling helps sometimes. roight.

FIEND
07-28-2015, 12:22 AM
stop it please stop doo not make offers likethat
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sireuosly?? 60 symbols here yuo go aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeefddddddddddddddfff fffffffffffhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht

it was a joke wooop

KEITARO URASHIMA
07-29-2015, 01:48 PM
If they put a cooldown on jumping then jumpers would get mad and whine about it plus when they make a patch for the jumping cooldown it would cause more bugs then it's worth so just live with the jumpers or stop doing PvP it might seem like you can't kill the jumpers but they die just like everyone else

Nefarious
08-01-2015, 09:09 PM
Jumping is not the problem.

Its that certain guns can be shot while moving around while jumping with not enough to some cases with no hindrance to aim at all which allows "bunny hopping" to happen. Not only that but for whatever reason the guns that can get away with doing this are also ones that are extremely strong along with needing very little aim to hit targets with.

You never see anyone bunny hopping around constantly hitting targets with a FRC Assault Carbine, because it cant and you need to actually crouch and aim to shoot it along with needing multiple accurate hits to bring someone down. All while these "other guns", which we know what they are, can be spammed about while jumping with very little aim needed and only needing 1 to a few hits to kill.

The logic behind on how Defiance favors and decides to make the guns that are easy to hit targets with to also be powerful is pretty ridiculous and pretty unheard of in other shooters.

Its usually one or the other. A gun being powerful = needs to be aimed (Like a Rail Gun) or has scarce ammo or super slow reload times with a small mag size. A gun that can be spammed and easy to hit targets with = on the weak side.

In Defiance though they have guns that have it all. Fast rate of fire, doesn't need aim, quick reloads, super powerful. Whatever. And the moment this get pointed out people cry Nerf. When really these few OPed guns are the things that are Nerfing everything else in the game because of how unbalanced they are.

Skiller115
08-01-2015, 10:41 PM
Jumping is not the problem.

Its that certain guns can be shot while moving around while jumping with not enough to some cases with no hindrance to aim at all which allows "bunny hopping" to happen. Not only that but for whatever reason the guns that can get away with doing this are also ones that are extremely strong along with needing very little aim to hit targets with.

You never see anyone bunny hopping around constantly hitting targets with a FRC Assault Carbine, because it cant and you need to actually crouch and aim to shoot it along with needing multiple accurate hits to bring someone down. All while these "other guns", which we know what they are, can be spammed about while jumping with very little aim needed and only needing 1 to a few hits to kill.

The logic behind on how Defiance favors and decides to make the guns that are easy to hit targets with to also be powerful is pretty ridiculous and pretty unheard of in other shooters.

Its usually one or the other. A gun being powerful = needs to be aimed (Like a Rail Gun) or has scarce ammo or super slow reload times with a small mag size. A gun that can be spammed and easy to hit targets with = on the weak side.

In Defiance though they have guns that have it all. Fast rate of fire, doesn't need aim, quick reloads, super powerful. Whatever. And the moment this get pointed out people cry Nerf. When really these few OPed guns are the things that are Nerfing everything else in the game because of how unbalanced they are.

Just like how the Blast Rifle and Flash Rifle eclipses all others because of it's stupid high dps and bunny hopping hip firing! Just because it's called an assault rifle doesn't mean it isn't op!