PDA

View Full Version : for the people who bought the game used

Cyborg Superman
06-17-2014, 01:28 PM
So what's gonna happend to the players that bought the game used. A few of my clanmates are worrled that they might be change to a free to play player when it goes free to play next month for consoles. Someone told me sonething about having to put in that code in the back of the manual to be noticed as a veteran player. it that true? does anyone know what's gonna happen to these people cuz alot of them are talking about quiting the game that day

Cyborg Superman
06-17-2014, 02:49 PM
to the top

Nefarious
06-17-2014, 03:40 PM
That code on the back of the manual was for pre-order bonuses... idk remember. It certainly wasn't the code players register their system on with...that code is shown in the game menus.

Playing the game from the disc itself shows they are 'veteran players'. Your clan mates who bought it used get all the goodies for buying the actual game.

Cyborg Superman
06-17-2014, 03:41 PM
That code on the back of the manual was for pre-order bonuses... idk remember. It certainly wasn't the code players register their system on with...that code is shown in the game menus.

Playing the game from the disc itself shows they are 'veteran players'. Your clan mates who bought it used get all the goodies for buying the actual game.

good to know, i'll pass it along

Atticus Batman
06-18-2014, 04:10 AM
good to know, i'll pass it along

Pretty sure Nerf is wrong as usual.

Hey folks,

There is one sentence in the IGN article which is a bit confusing, so I just want to clarify.

ANYONE who has purchased the game on PC prior to June 4th or on Playstation prior to July 15 will get the 30-day patron pass and the 1000 Arkforge grant. (Note: that is a separate, additional 1000 Arkforge than the one granted by Arktech Revolution.)

People who find copies of the game with unclaimed codes after those dates, will be able to enter those game access codes to get the same benefits. (Paid player slots, loadouts, inventory, etc. As well as the patron pass and arkforge.)

We're aiming for a 30-Day Paradise Patron pass to be around 800 bits with discounts for longer durations (90-Day and 180-Day). Also, any unredeemed codes found in retail Defiance boxes WILL grant 1000 Arkforge and a 30-Day Paradise Patron pass, even after June 4.

Long/short: if a retail code is or has been applied to an account, that account will get 1000 Arkforge and a 30-Day Paradise Patron pass.

The way I see it, you have 5 choices.

1: Believe Nerfy :rolleyes:
2: Believe Batty :cool:
3: believe those old dev posts
4: run away and never look back!
5: Pm Kiwi, Trick or Scapes asking them to respond in this thread with an up-to-date answer. Actually I will do choice #5 for you, since I am a nice guy........most times.

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/b06abf_cf0c44179f9a4f728689da8c1ca97b77.jpg_srz_83 5_505_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

RipleysCatnip
06-18-2014, 05:00 AM
What about digital download ?

N3gativeCr33p
06-18-2014, 05:22 AM
The way I see it, you have 5 choices.

1: Believe Nerfy :rolleyes:
2: Believe Batty :cool:
3: believe those old dev posts
4: run away and never look back!
5: Pm Kiwi, Trick or Scapes asking them to respond in this thread with an up-to-date answer. Actually I will do choice #5 for you, since I am a nice guy........most times.

Is this one of those trick question scenarios? ;)

Etaew
06-18-2014, 05:29 AM
Since there is no trial accounts on the consoles, all people who are currently playing on consoles will have bought the game and will not be converted to F2P accounts.

CM Kiwibird
06-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Since there is no trial accounts on the consoles, all people who are currently playing on consoles will have bought the game and will not be converted to F2P accounts.

Etaew has it! :o If you're playing on console right now, you definitely will not have your account converted into a free-to-play account, even if you purchased the game used.

tandrisa
06-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Etaew has it! :o If you're playing on console right now, you definitely will not have your account converted into a free-to-play account, even if you purchased the game used.
once again kiwi to the rescue many thanks

Clarity Page
06-18-2014, 12:43 PM
Kiwi to the rescue again,
Kiwi should have a superhero outfit, fanfare and marvel comic+film deal by now