PDA

View Full Version : Needless to say..

Faintestidea
06-18-2014, 09:44 AM
I'm a huge fan of Rift, so obviously I'm curious about Defiance for PS3. My question is (which I'm sure has been asked a million times) Is this game pretty stable to play, as in no game breaking bugs etc.. Is it still populated pretty good online? And do people team up a lot like in RIft? Thanks for replying

tetiona
06-18-2014, 10:17 AM
I am at a loss, are these real questions, or the best troll bait ever. lol :)

Griffix8
06-18-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm a huge fan of Rift, so obviously I'm curious about Defiance for PS3. My question is (which I'm sure has been asked a million times) Is this game pretty stable to play, as in no game breaking bugs etc.. Is it still populated pretty good online? And do people team up a lot like in RIft? Thanks for replying
From what I've heard Defiance on PS3 tends to have quite a few disconnects and many times after a patch something gets messed up (so yeah there are quite a few bugs). There are a decent amount of people online. You'd have to define "team up", we can group up in here but its mainly large events where you'll see a lot of people working together; other than that people tend to either keep to themselves or run with clanmates.

Deunan
06-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Is this game pretty stable to play, as in no game breaking bugs etc.If your PC can handle Rift do not get the PS3 version of the game. It is extremely unstable and by far the most unstable platform for the game. PS3 players have had chronic latency and disconnect issues since launch and exponentially greater issues than the Xbox and PC platforms when all three platforms encountered the stability problems that followed with every single DLC update when they went live. It's only going to get worse when the game goes free to play.

Faintestidea
06-18-2014, 11:08 AM
i can run rift, but only at lower settings. And is defiance f2p on pc or not yet?

TheOz
06-18-2014, 11:12 AM
It is F2P on PC right now

bigguy
06-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Defiance on PS3 has its share of disconnects if you log out and in again every hour or so then you wont get kicked at an unopportune time.

Lately there has been a large group of new players who like to respond to people in zone chat and help each other out. Also more of the veterans like myself have been helping out in the form info and gifts. If i see someone with an ego high enough for the items i have that will use them and not just retrade them i help them and i got to earth republic and give away my purple nades and spikes and stims from my claims items to the new people.

konstantinov
06-18-2014, 11:37 AM
I play on ps3.

derp

Razoreddie
06-18-2014, 11:38 AM
i can run rift, but only at lower settings. And is defiance f2p on pc or not yet?

Faint,
I am also a Rift player on PC, although I'm hiatus to play Defiance. If your PC can handle Rift ok, it can handle Defiance. After the game went F2P there have been some stability issues, but after the latest patch yesterday I had no lag when playing (it was super bad before that). There do seem to be folks around to play with. Think of Arkfalls as "Rifts" and Incursions as "invasions" from Rift. So far folks seem to cooperate to take care of events. I've been enjoying Defiance as a good chaneg of pace from Rift. It's fun to blow stuff up!

Brianflipside
06-18-2014, 11:38 AM
What really happens on PS3 is all of us veterans wait in hiding. Then when an unsuspecting new player leaves the Earth republic camp, we quickly raise the threat level and laugh as the NPC's annihilate them.

Then the tea bag squad comes over and shines your helmet with their privates as you squirm on the ground waiting for a revive.

LOL...just kidding. PS3 is full of bugs and disconnects. We have some good people, but its dying off from what I see.
Get the PC version if you can. Its smoother play time then on console.

drackiller
06-18-2014, 11:49 PM
It`s not dying on PS3 EU, Vets still hang around and we have alot of noo...new players.

Big Jack Shepard
06-18-2014, 11:52 PM
I am at a loss, are these real questions, or the best troll bait ever. lol :)My thoughts exactly.

Bonehead
06-18-2014, 11:59 PM
If I had a ps3 I wouldn't play defiance on it.

drackiller
06-19-2014, 12:39 AM

I feel sorry for my PS3, true.

Vry
06-19-2014, 12:51 AM
I have heard many issues relating to the PS3 version...i think it's better you stick with the PC lol

N3gativeCr33p
06-19-2014, 05:35 AM

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Sometimes+I+wonder+how+christianity+wandered+so+fa r+from+the+_cd223e4756a1e2bb0cf641abe0499929.jpg