PDA

View Full Version : No Orange For First Place

Big Jack Shepard
06-19-2014, 12:14 AM
I never get an orange when I come in first on DM's and WM's.

Whats up with that?

boogiejive
06-19-2014, 12:17 AM
lol i would have thousands of ojs then its all luck man

Big Jack Shepard
06-19-2014, 12:24 AM
lol i would have thousands of ojs then its all luck manAre you trying to beat my humble brag with your own humble brag?

Because..uhh...I've gotten first place...ONE MILLION TIMES.

Market
06-19-2014, 12:25 AM
Placement on a scoreboard has no effect on the quality or rarity of gear. A higher score will net you more XP, Arkforge (above 35k), and Keys, but has no bearing on getting Legendary equipment.

The only "exception" here is for regular Sieges. The only way to get a chance at orange gear is to score high enough for the top tier loot box. To do this, you have to score 20,000 points or more in a Volge Siege, or 27,000 at an Afflicted Siege. This is not to be confused with the Incursion Sieges. Those can grant oranges with any score.

Bottom line, it's random whether or not you get Legendary items from an event that can reward them.

boogiejive
06-19-2014, 12:26 AM
they have not even made a number for all the first places i got

Big Jack Shepard
06-19-2014, 12:27 AM
placement on a scoreboard has no effect on the quality or rarity of gear. A higher score will net you more xp, arkforge (above 35k), and keys, but has no bearing on getting legendary equipment.

The only "exception" here is for regular sieges. The only way to get a chance at orange gear is to score high enough for the top tier loot box. To do this, you have to score 20,000 points or more in a volge siege, or 27,000 at an afflicted siege. This is not to be confused with the incursion sieges. Those can grant oranges with any score.

Bottom line, it's random whether or not you get legendary items from an event that can reward them. One million times.

Vry
06-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Yeah i get first on the scoreboard quite oftee......a few times and i only get some purple stuff along side some DLC restricted stuff -.- but i really don;t care i usually do them for the resources anyways xD

crazyged
06-19-2014, 02:51 AM
I've placed first on a coupla scoreboards here and there and have been playing a while now...

I've maybe picked up a grand total of around 4 oranges in that entire time - woohoo...

Error404
06-19-2014, 03:03 AM
I came 0th place and I didn't even try. Hell, I was playing Watch Dogs at the time.

4ndreas
06-19-2014, 03:44 AM
If first place would grant you anything higher than 10% legendary chance I'd once again be swimming in them (at least ones with the current max rating).

N3gativeCr33p
06-19-2014, 05:22 AM
Placement on a scoreboard has no effect on the quality or rarity of gear. A higher score will net you more XP, Arkforge (above 35k), and Keys, but has no bearing on getting Legendary equipment.

The only "exception" here is for regular Sieges. The only way to get a chance at orange gear is to score high enough for the top tier loot box. To do this, you have to score 20,000 points or more in a Volge Siege, or 27,000 at an Afflicted Siege. This is not to be confused with the Incursion Sieges. Those can grant oranges with any score.

Bottom line, it's random whether or not you get Legendary items from an event that can reward them.

^ This. ^

I've had better "luck" getting OJs when I place somewhere in the range of #10 to #21 at those events.

Ruinne
06-19-2014, 05:27 AM
ONE MILLION TIMES.

I would have to drop the M and replace it with a B.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'...

Quebra Regra
06-19-2014, 09:18 AM
You o nly get an OJ for coming in dead last... works for me ;)

bigguy
06-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Who cares how many times you have come in first with your score boost.

Deunan
06-19-2014, 09:28 AM
This is not to be confused with the Incursion Sieges. Those can grant oranges with any score.Is this based on personal experience? Because my personal experience is that the only reason you can get a Legendary item from an Incursion is because Siege rewards are given out at the end and you still need to reach the score at the Siege to get a roll for the Legendary. I have never gotten the roll otherwise.

Amack
06-19-2014, 09:43 AM
Gosh, if you manage to score below 20k (volge) or 27k (afflicted) at incursion seiges... you need more help than orange weapons :D

Griffix8
06-19-2014, 10:14 AM
I've come in 21st (i.e I didn't place) and came out with an OJ VBI SMG. While being the the top 5 I've gotten an OJ ARK shield. So the place doesn't matter.

Odessa
06-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Gosh, if you manage to score below 20k (volge) or 27k (afflicted) at incursion seiges... you need more help than orange weapons :D

These are the minimum requirements to get a possible Legendary in sieges, hence me quoting Amack. Even then it's a rarity. I think I've gotten two or three with the ridiculous amount that I've participated in.

I've come in 21st (i.e I didn't place) and came out with an OJ VBI SMG. While being the the top 5 I've gotten an OJ ARK shield. So the place doesn't matter.

Same for me. Place doesn't matter in DM Arkfalls. Not sure if it does at others.

Zugo
06-19-2014, 11:17 AM
No, no, no, you need to have your score divisible by 1000 points evenly or you don't get an orange.

(sorry, long running clan joke)

Market
06-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Is this based on personal experience? Because my personal experience is that the only reason you can get a Legendary item from an Incursion is because Siege rewards are given out at the end and you still need to reach the score at the Siege to get a roll for the Legendary. I have never gotten the roll otherwise.

Yes, from personal experience. I showed up at the tail end of the Kenn Farm Incursion a couple weeks ago and finished with a score somewhere in the range of 10-15k and received a Legendary Sub Carbine.

Deirachel
06-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Same for me. Place doesn't matter in DM Arkfalls. Not sure if it does at others.

There has been some of us who have noticed it seems if you keep your score low at the DM Arkfalls your chance of getting orange is higher (as in like less than 50K)...

Big Jack Shepard
06-20-2014, 01:53 AM
I've adjusted my behavior by no longer using my wolfy until the arm is fully exposed.

I'm still not getting ojs, and I'm still coming in 1st from time to time.

Maybe I should crawl around on the floor for awhile.